Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

This format with multiple venues, bigger acts and more in between days has never happened before and it’s impossible to know how popular the shows will be. So it’s speculation as to how early you’ll need to be to get in.

If you have priority entrance there should be a shorter/faster moving queue.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is Phoenix playing a la Ciutat a recent addition or have they been there for a while? Don’t remember them being there before/when they were first announced.

Recent addition. I guess they'll play Poble Espanyol, given that Razzmatazz and Sala Apolo have big names playing that night.

33 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

yes but the question is: is UK still considered Europe or not? + I remember that Hellfest announced NIN as only EU appearance, but now I can't find this wording anymore. Let's see.

40 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

yes but the question is: is UK still considered Europe or not? + I remember that Hellfest announced NIN as only EU appearance, but now I can't find this wording anymore. Let's see.

... We didn't leave Europe, mate.

I imagine the exclusivity is European festivals, not shows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

The UK is and always will be in Europe. If some dodgy promoters want to call anything an EU exclusive, they're using semantics.

Coachella likely removed the restrictions because of their sister festival Stagecoach, which is heavily reliant on a more conservative and thus anti-vaxx/mask crowd. Not because it's suddenly safer.

I also believe that PS is going to happen, but I'm certainly going to keep wearing KN94's during shows. 

• Upvote 2

My comment was more about the direction of travel (towards more liberalised rules) than anything else or specifics on masks.

For what it's worth, as humans are very conformist, I think when the vast majority of young people choose not to wear a mask in June, most of the rest will follow suit. The heat is a natural deterrent too. Probably just see one or two wearing them by then at each concert.

In Barcelona the outside face mandate has already been removed last week and nightclubs reopened and we are only in February.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I could still see the USA requiring a negative covid test in order to board the plane from a foreign country. Which is why I still plan on masking up at PS. Definitely don't want to be stuck in Spain afterwards.

Incredibly unlikely. Most European countries have already removed this requirement and yet cases are falling rapidly, the US won't wait until June to lift their requirement which is harming their travel industry and counter-intuitive (they are trying to manage covid, not eradicate it).

• Upvote 2

On 2/15/2022 at 12:40 PM, gigi21 said:

Surely NIN will have more concerts in Europe around these dates.
In recent years, they cherry-pick venues so I expect similar, bit exotic places for a couple more shows. Last UK shows back in 2018 were in Southbank and Royal Albert Hall so the current location fits. I don't think they'll be at Glasto.
For this Europe leg I expect them to add standalone shows at least in Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris etc. but not too many.  Usually they don't stay in Europe more that 3 weeks so you have good idea when they'll be here. 

23 minutes ago, r55N said:

Surely NIN will have more concerts in Europe around these dates.
In recent years, they cherry-pick venues so I expect similar, bit exotic places for a couple more shows. Last UK shows back in 2018 were in Southbank and Royal Albert Hall so the current location fits. I don't think they'll be at Glasto.
For this Europe leg I expect them to add standalone shows at least in Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris etc. but not too many.  Usually they don't stay in Europe more that 3 weeks so you have good idea when they'll be here. 

Sure guys, what I wanted to say is that I remember that Hellfest announced NIN as only european appearance but now I can't find this writing anymore anywhere and they announced 2 UK dates. So we have 3 possibilities:
- things are changed and Hellfest has no more the European exclusive
- European exclusive is only about festivals and they'll be doing solo shows
- For some reasons European exclusive doesn't cover UK.

All the 3 statements sound quite strange to me, but at least one of them is true 🙂

Edited by gigi21

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

Incredibly unlikely. Most European countries have already removed this requirement and yet cases are falling rapidly, the US won't wait until June to lift their requirement which is harming their travel industry and counter-intuitive (they are trying to manage covid, not eradicate it).

By June, all of Europe will have lifted all measures apart from maybe Mask mandates indoors. Vaccine rates have proven to be robust against Omikron even at enourmous infection rates, so there is neither need nor legitimacy for any moew measures. Even Germany will now lift all measures by the end of March and they have been the last country (in central Europe) to rely on such heavy restrictions as force shutting clubs and prohibiting (most) events.

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Saw that. Need to include the full quote, otherwise is misleading.

She wrote that covid uncertainty was ‘making touring *in March/April 2022* difficult’.

well yeah, you get what i mean though - i wasn't misleading, she is moving her tour because of covid restrictions, it might not be relevant per se to PS, but it's hopefully not a pattern that emerges as the clock ticks down to June 1st.

Edited by Ohjesus