Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Had my AirBnB booked for a while, this will be the first 3 day festival I go to where I get to sleep in a bed and use a real shower/toilet 😅

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Makes a massive difference.

Wake up rested at lunchtime, long lazy lunch, head to the forum, rinse and repeat!

I'm very excited about this aspect of it! I've not done a proper festival for quite a while now so the idea of adding a few extra luxuries (plus a pool in the hotel!) seems like a dream to me 🙂

Really not long now...

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Makes a massive difference.

Wake up rested at lunchtime, long lazy lunch, head to the forum, rinse and repeat!

Or take a walk through the city.

It's such a pitty to go to the Barcelona and don't see the city at all.

Ok if you're staying there only for 3 days, it can be exausting to do sightseeing+ festival.

35 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Or take a walk through the city.

It's such a pitty to go to the Barcelona and don't see the city at all.

Ok if you're staying there only for 3 days, it can be exausting to do sightseeing+ festival.

Yeah, I’d agree. Unless you’re a casual festival goer, if you’re only there 3 days you won’t have enough time to really enjoy all that the city has to offer.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I’d agree. Unless you’re a casual festival goer, if you’re only there 3 days you won’t have enough time to really enjoy all that the city has to offer.

Yeah we are staying until the following Wednesday so hoping to a bit of this on those days. I have been before but not since I was a teenager so can't remember much about it!

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

There are still some concerts to be added to the (glorious) outdoor Poble Espanyol venue.

They said concerts there between 5 and 8 June and so far we only have two days. 

Ought to be decent names too as current 'headliners' are Khruangbin and Little Simz.

Ride were also announced to play Poble Español, along with Cuco, for example. At least 4 names scheduled to play there:

Cuco and Little Simz on the 5th June

Khruangbin and Ride on the 8th June

Let's see. Big Thief would be one of my shots (but they rescheduled the tour), so, seems unlikely.

Maybe Mac DeMarco.

1 hour ago, MeMeMeM said:

Ride were also announced to play Poble Español, along with Cuco, for example. At least 4 names scheduled to play there:

Cuco and Little Simz on the 5th June

Khruangbin and Ride on the 8th June

Let's see. Big Thief would be one of my shots (but they rescheduled the tour), so, seems unlikely.

Maybe Mac DeMarco.

It looks like Ride have pulled out of that second gig.

I see Mac DeMarco as someone they turn to as a replacement when a decent size name cancels.

Unfortunately me and my friends have had to bail on Primavera this year, so I have 4 x Weekend 1 tickets available for sale! Face value, had email confirmation from Dice saying I can transfer the tickets through their app. Send me a DM if interested, thanks!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Question for the UK attendees – what do you normally do for cash/cards at the festival? I'm assuming most bars etc take cards but do you get charged for using a different currency? Been a while since I've paid for anything with a card abroad. Is cash a better bet?

Don’t get stung by banks or bureaux de change places. Get a revolut card. By far the best option.

You don’t really need any cash in Spain these days and you don't want to be carrying cash anyway in a city with lots of pickpockets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hirsty44 said:

Unfortunately me and my friends have had to bail on Primavera this year, so I have 4 x Weekend 1 tickets available for sale! Face value, had email confirmation from Dice saying I can transfer the tickets through their app. Send me a DM if interested, thanks!

Would you be willing to split them as possibly only need 2?

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don’t get stung by banks or bureaux de change places. Get a revolut card. By far the best option.

You don’t really need any cash in Spain these days and you don't want to be carrying cash anyway in a city with lots of pickpockets. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking re pickpockets. Do Revolut cards not charge you then? I do have one but never use it. 

Lots of the ‘app banks’ like Monzo and Revolut do fee free foreign transactions up to a certain amount as a USP over high street banks. 

They’re really easy to set up and just sling your money in for the week before withdrawing when you get home. Literally all done on your phone. 

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Lots of the ‘app banks’ like Monzo and Revolut do fee free foreign transactions up to a certain amount as a USP over high street banks. 

They’re really easy to set up and just sling your money in for the week before withdrawing when you get home. Literally all done on your phone. 

Cheers! I have Monzo and Revolut, just never really use them! Will be doing this.

Anyone got an accommodation recommendations (for a couple)? Unfortunately I found a decent AirBnB option ages ago and it was too early to book... and now it's gone.

We are going for a week and a half. Going to retreat to a decent-ish hotel with a pool further out after the fest to chill/come in for the gigs, but need something a bit closer for the actual festival part.

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone got an accommodation recommendations (for a couple)? Unfortunately I found a decent AirBnB option ages ago and it was too early to book... and now it's gone.

We are going for a week and a half. Going to retreat to a decent-ish hotel with a pool further out after the fest to chill/come in for the gigs, but need something a bit closer for the actual festival part.

I just found the festival site on AirBnB and then used the map to determine the closest available place that met my needs. No use staying somewhere lovely that's 90 minutes away from the fest. 

21 minutes ago, Homer said:

Impossible to recommend anywhere specific as the city is huge but if you're not doing Airbnb basically just look on Trivago at the map view and work outwards from the festival site. Most people stay 30-60minutes walk away. It'll be more expensive the closer you get to the site.

Ideally you'll also be within walking distance of a stop on the yellow metro line – or maximum one change away from it – for ease of getting to/from the festival.