Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

41 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

well yeah, you get what i mean though - i wasn't misleading, she is moving her tour because of covid restrictions, it might not be relevant per se to PS, but it's hopefully not a pattern that emerges as the clock ticks down to June 1st.

I think May/June etc. should be fine though. Europe is really loosening things starting now, but logistically this would be a nightmare for shows happening within the next few weeks (like Aldous' would have). Some countries may still have capacity limits right now but have announced this will be removed at the end of March (I'm thinking of Germany). Italy are raising the capacity limit but once again, probably too early for a couple of weeks time. 

I could be wrong, but I think Omicron hitting at November instead of January means spring/summer should be pretty okay. 

6 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

I think May/June etc. should be fine though. Europe is really loosening things starting now, but logistically this would be a nightmare for shows happening within the next few weeks (like Aldous' would have). Some countries may still have capacity limits right now but have announced this will be removed at the end of March (I'm thinking of Germany). Italy are raising the capacity limit but once again, probably too early for a couple of weeks time. 

I could be wrong, but I think Omicron hitting at November instead of January means spring/summer should be pretty okay. 

totally!

i'm probably just annoyed because i was really looking forward to the AH tour....

13 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

totally!

i'm probably just annoyed because i was really looking forward to the AH tour....

Yeah man, she's great. Hope you get to see her soon. 

There are some tours about to brave it (Yves Tumor tour starts this week in Barcelona for example), so I guess we will see how things go in the next month, but Europe is showing signs every day of completely dropping rules.

1 hour ago, KGeedora said:

Omicron is not relevant for PS, it will be gone before June, the question is when the next one will arrive.

the way things are going now, it's going to be hard for governments to enforce too many restrictions, the way people look at corona changed, and you need something really drastic in order to go back, I think we can forget about lockdowns again.

But still - the first reaction to a new scary variant might be closing the borders for tourists again. this is the only scenario that I think can risk PS - a new variant discovered around mid May, many countries limit flights until we know enough about it, and everything goes down the drain.... 

11 hours ago, r55N said:

Surely NIN will have more concerts in Europe around these dates.
In recent years, they cherry-pick venues so I expect similar, bit exotic places for a couple more shows. Last UK shows back in 2018 were in Southbank and Royal Albert Hall so the current location fits. I don't think they'll be at Glasto.
For this Europe leg I expect them to add standalone shows at least in Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris etc. but not too many.  Usually they don't stay in Europe more that 3 weeks so you have good idea when they'll be here. 

I wonder when we will here about additional shows and why they announced Eden Project separately? The US tour has been announced at once as well. So why different this time?

Wouldn‘t be surprised if Hellfest was meant to be an exclusive gig but Eden Project got Trent‘s interest so they added that. Doesn’t necessarily mean there‘s more to come.

10 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Unless NIN and their entire crew is taking a European vacation, there will likely be additional dates between Eden Project and Hellfest. It's expensive AF to keep that many people on the road for those amount of days off in between shows.

Trent just fucking loves Greggs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Eels were meant to be touring March-May but have decided to postpone. Interesting last comment.

image.png.5e6496320d9a6e0c169865db4e6f902c.png

Yeah this is interesting. It seems like bands that were due to tour now/next month in Europe are instead trying to start late Spring/early Summer instead. I think from June things will be really congested/busy.

Hopefully this means Primavera isn't affected (which it shouldn't be I guess)

1 minute ago, KGeedora said:

Yeah this is interesting. It seems like bands that were due to tour now/next month in Europe are instead trying to start late Spring/early Summer instead. I think from June things will be really congested/busy.

Hopefully this means Primavera isn't affected (which it shouldn't be I guess)

My read was that if there are US bands with tours that end with Primavera (e.g. April to June), they might not come to Europe then (or even at all this year).

But US bands with tours starting in May or June still likely to be fine. Which is the vast majority of them as far as I can tell.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My read was that if there are US bands with tours that end with Primavera (e.g. April to June), they might not come to Europe then (or even at all this year).

But US bands with tours starting in May or June still likely to be fine. Which is the vast majority of them as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I wonder which bands have planned it that way? I remember being confused by Japanese Breakfast's tour dates, she essentially comes to Europe for a month, goes back to the states for a bit for some dates then flies back to Europe purely for Barça and Porto Primavera's and a festival in Sweden. 

Honestly, as long as Pavement come out for their 2 dates (I think they just want to spend some time with their families in Europe) I'll be alright

47 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

not to trivialise, but how would a war affect primavera, i wonder?

I am normally more active in the SZiget forum. And I also said this there. No one really responded but given the fact that Hungary has a border with Ukraine it’s all very critical. Should Russia invade Ukraine and take over the whole country the tensions could become bigger between other countries.

I really don’t hope it’s going to effect festivals but I am afraid it will for festivals in Eastern Europe. 

And…

After each pandemic there was a big war (unfortunately history repeats).

I have hope that this war”just” stays between Russia and Ukraine but we never know what will happen.

2 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

not to trivialise, but how would a war affect primavera, i wonder?

I don't think the conflict will grow outside Ukraine (honestly hope there won't be ANY conflict at all). In that case, it will probably only affect festivals and tours in Ukraine and Russia. If the conflict turns into WW3, we obviously won't have any festivals in nearby future...

38 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I don't think the conflict will grow outside Ukraine (honestly hope there won't be ANY conflict at all). In that case, it will probably only affect festivals and tours in Ukraine and Russia. If the conflict turns into WW3, we obviously won't have any festivals in nearby future...

A cyber and economic war between Russia and the west is very likely now . They won’t effect festivals as much as covid (I hope). 

Just now, foofajter said:

There will be a war because Americans can’t wait for that. Through media they are selling stories that Putin will start a war, but Putin is just teasing the whole world. 
At the end, Americans will start a war because nothing changed with Biden, he is just a puppet in this game, nothing else. He probably don’t know his name

I agree that it seems that the USA is manifesting for a war. How strange it sounds… but it’s also true that Russia wants his Soviet Union back. All in all I just hope festivals in Eastern Europe can continue. 

1 hour ago, foofajter said:

There will be a war because Americans can’t wait for that. Through media they are selling stories that Putin will start a war, but Putin is just teasing the whole world. 
At the end, Americans will start a war because nothing changed with Biden, he is just a puppet in this game, nothing else. He probably don’t know his name

😂 Yeah, America is the agrressor, Russia just sent most of their army on vacation close to Ukrainian borders. Could you lick Putin's ass even more?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, foofajter said:

Sigh. Just when I thought we didn’t have to put up with ridiculous conspiracy theories on this thread…

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, foofajter said:

I’m glad that you guys believe that Americans dont want a war. Just tell me, which country is all the time in the war except last few months? 
You can talk about conspiracy theories but it will end up like corona bullshit. It’s not so hard to conclude that corona came from laboratory which is financed by fauci, same stupid dinosaur like putin, biden and whore ursula van der money

GTFO with this shit, we're talking about Primavera here.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1