Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

From what I've been told, a major issue with touring the EU right now is the fuck up that is Germany. Between total nutcase non-handlings like the UK thats past the peak because of former lack of measures and Spain, that has high immunity due to the very good vaccine-quota, Germany has both starkly rising numbers and a huge number of unvaccinated idiots. Adding a federal structure that is a patchwork of regulations that change every other week, its impossible to plan tours currently for many artists. Even if they are able to, many places request you to be fully vaccinated or recovered plus tested (some demand PCR) [some states exclude boostered from that obligation] and the validity time of a recovery certificate has just been cut in half, so everyone infected in late summer has to get another vaccine before being granted full vaccination status. Long story short: Noone is buying concert tickets right now and shows get canceled. It is unforseeable when this is gonna chance, so everything between now and April is highly insecure.

Tours that involved Germany now often would not be able to be profitable without that leg, as the bands would still need accomodation during the time the German shows were scheduled.

However, I doubt cancellations now tell us anything about the situation in summer. Omikron has proven to be much more infectious but also less dangerous (for each individual case) which is still a huge threat to health systems where too many people are unvaccinated, but also mean the immunity levels in the population are rapidly increasing

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

was that grimes dj set always on the poster?!?! ive only just noticed it and surely means shes in with a shout for a secret set?

I think had she announced a set then a secret DJ set a possibility but not the other way round.

On a separate note putting celebrity DJ sets high up the poster just cheapens it.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:52 PM, Quadrophobia said:

From what I've been told, a major issue with touring the EU right now is the fuck up that is Germany. Between total nutcase non-handlings like the UK thats past the peak because of former lack of measures and Spain, that has high immunity due to the very good vaccine-quota, Germany has both starkly rising numbers and a huge number of unvaccinated idiots. Adding a federal structure that is a patchwork of regulations that change every other week, its impossible to plan tours currently for many artists. Even if they are able to, many places request you to be fully vaccinated or recovered plus tested (some demand PCR) [some states exclude boostered from that obligation] and the validity time of a recovery certificate has just been cut in half, so everyone infected in late summer has to get another vaccine before being granted full vaccination status. Long story short: Noone is buying concert tickets right now and shows get canceled. It is unforseeable when this is gonna chance, so everything between now and April is highly insecure.

Tours that involved Germany now often would not be able to be profitable without that leg, as the bands would still need accomodation during the time the German shows were scheduled.

However, I doubt cancellations now tell us anything about the situation in summer. Omikron has proven to be much more infectious but also less dangerous (for each individual case) which is still a huge threat to health systems where too many people are unvaccinated, but also mean the immunity levels in the population are rapidly increasing

Most of the acts have German dates during May/June and these are Primavera acts.

I don't believe they will left measures, it's better for an artist to cancel German dates and change it for some other, think it's even possible now.

And if you need to be negative even thou you're vaccinated, you're in risk of tested postive and in this case your festival journey is already over. That makes artists impossible to plan anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, we'll also inevitably lose at least one headliner this year too and probably more like two, given the pandemic and very early nature of these bookings. Can see them ending up drafting in someone like Primal Scream last minute.

If they lose headliner or two, I expect of them to book new one.

Primal Scream will be fine.

Looking at clashfinders etc it doesn't look like there is enough acts to fill out all stages per day in a similar fashion to previous years. Now there could just be less acts per day compared to other years (and this would make total sense with all the extra acts in the city and the fact its two weekends) but I still believe that the Heineken stage and potentially the SEAT village are still to be announced. I don't particularly need any more acts just have a feeling there is still something to come.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:25 PM, Jacobanthony said:

I will mail Dice about this as well, but maybe here someone already resolved something similar so posting here as well. I have tickets for both weekends, but now it seems more and more unlikely I'll be unable to go both weekends so I will focus on the first weekend only. Does anyone know if it possible to sell only the second weekend of your ticket and keep the first? Or some other arrangement to change this? Cheers

Update on this, Dice was quick with responding and it was possible! Now, I did already have a weekend 1 ticket from 2020, so maybe it was possible because my weekend 2 was added on later. But anyway, cheers Dice

4 hours ago, Jacobanthony said:

Update on this, Dice was quick with responding and it was possible! Now, I did already have a weekend 1 ticket from 2020, so maybe it was possible because my weekend 2 was added on later. But anyway, cheers Dice

Can confirm I just bought a weekend 1 from someone here and it was a super quick transfer. 

• Thanks 1