Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

46 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

ha - the whole easyjet thing is making an already nerve inducing situation even worse too - they're basically cancelling one flight from gatwick to barcelona a day this week (among lots of others, of course). real russian roulette stuff. but you can only see three days in advance.

Today all three seem to be going ahead which is s good sign. 

A question for the social media types who have been to Primavera before if I may, I do not even take a phone with me normally to Primavera but since we need a ticket app to get in this time we are with a phone, normally I steer clear of social media but I am wondering if it is worth setting up a twitter account to follow the Primavera feed for up to date information or whether the same info on any secret shows, time changes etc will be updated on the app at the same time as twitter.. thanks

2 minutes ago, postC86 said:

A question for the social media types who have been to Primavera before if I may, I do not even take a phone with me normally to Primavera but since we need a ticket app to get in this time we are with a phone, normally I steer clear of social media but I am wondering if it is worth setting up a twitter account to follow the Primavera feed for up to date information or whether the same info on any secret shows, time changes etc will be updated on the app at the same time as twitter.. thanks

Wouldn't bother doing twitter if you don't have one. They are pushing people to download the app so that will be the first place any changes will be done.

37 minutes ago, adforperu said:

Anyone flying in from Dublin? Just seen the pictures from the airport 😬  People queueing just to get into the airport

Same with Schiphol, been like that for a few weeks now. Got so bad a fight broke out between passengers and staff last Sunday night. Not looking forward to Wednesday morning.

5 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Hundreds and hundreds of cheap Weekend 1 tickets on Twickets. Dirt cheap. 

Sickening how much we paid when they're going for 57 euros now. Don't get me wrong, it's worth RRP, but it's a real gut punch.

6 minutes ago, daveje said:

Same with Schiphol, been like that for a few weeks now. Got so bad a fight broke out between passengers and staff last Sunday night. Not looking forward to Wednesday morning.

Last week at Hamburg Airport was also chaotic. I'll be there really early on Wednesday!

43 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Wouldn't bother doing twitter if you don't have one. They are pushing people to download the app so that will be the first place any changes will be done.

Cheers, one less thing to think about then..

24 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Sickening how much we paid when they're going for 57 euros now. Don't get me wrong, it's worth RRP, but it's a real gut punch.

Unless you live local/have friends or family in Barcelona, it's really not a good deal because the cost of flights and hotels this last minute easily put it above likely what you've paid, hence the dirt cheap cost.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Unless you live local/have friends or family in Barcelona, it's really not a good deal because the cost of flights and hotels this last minute easily put it above likely what you've paid, hence the dirt cheap cost.

This does happen for quite a lot of events now though. To the extent that it's almost worth booking flights & accommodation for things and not the event ticket. Worst case scenario you have a long weekend in Barcelona.

Obviously, if you're desperate to go this is a risky strategy but could be a good shout for some cities/events.

8 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

So what you’re saying is, book hotels/flights etc as early as possible and just get a ticket on the resale market the week before. Risky, especially just to save like £80, but probably a decent bet to work most years.

Yeah, there have always been a really solid amount of resale tickets from Jan-June, even on sold out years. I can't ever remember a year when tickets were like gold dust.

Not everyone can hold their nerve that long really so it's not always practical, but you'd easily cancel out the cost of your booze over the weekend if you got a week-before ticket.

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

This does happen for quite a lot of events now though. To the extent that it's almost worth booking flights & accommodation for things and not the event ticket. Worst case scenario you have a long weekend in Barcelona.

Obviously, if you're desperate to go this is a risky strategy but could be a good shout for some cities/events.

It's probably due to Covid uncertainty and the general cost of things bumping up. Some people can't afford it now.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Manchester airport is having a bit of a mare with luggage apparently, although not for everyone - still, if you're going from mcr, I would arrive very very early 

Flying from T3 Tuesday. Will be getting there 3 hours before. If you've only got carry on luggage you should be fine. 

Last time I went to PS (2018) I managed to sell my daily ticket on the Wednesday before the fest and to buy a resell full fest ticket at like 100 €. I thought that this year being sold out would have created a different demand-offer balance but from the next year on I think I’ll buy from the secondary ticketing market

Edited by Whos3000_

1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

Anyone know how the queues is at the airport in Barcelona at the moment? When should we arrive at the airport when we're going home?

Someone told me passport check queues coming into Barcelona a couple weeks ago were really bad for UK passengers. Two hour queue 😬

Fingers crossed they sort something, I know Portugal are opening up the EU gates to UK passengers to prevent queues. Gonna be a busy one with the long bank holiday