Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

They also have the entire second weekend of acts to potentially get someone doing a second set, which must be easier than a normal festival drafting a replacement in.

For instance Big Thief are on weekend 2 only and are free on weekend one (they were just the first one I looked at as they’re one of the acts I’m most miffed about missing on weekend 2 - maybe more likely to try and do it with a hip-hop act).

• Upvote 1

Honestly, only acts that can drop are ones that we don't know nothing about their new albums except that they are doing new one like Slowdive (record session was 2 years ago), Jesus and Mary Chain (some singles are out, but what about the rest), Sky Ferreira (she told that album will be out thou), Wayes Blood (no new info about album).

I don't wanna more drop outs since lineup is great.

Edited by Festcrazy

12 hours ago, TiZuff said:

How do the gigs work in between both weekends? is it free for all with tickets? how do we get in / know where the sets are (or are they on site?)

Concerts are free for everyone who's got any kind of weekend ticket. You can do a research by venue on the website and discover who plays where (some things can change until June).

I'm curious if they will do some kind of reservation system this year or it will just be "firsts who came enter, until the capacity of the venue". Having concerts by Beck or Interpol it could be crazy.

23 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Concerts are free for everyone who's got any kind of weekend ticket. You can do a research by venue on the website and discover who plays where (some things can change until June).

I'm curious if they will do some kind of reservation system this year or it will just be "firsts who came enter, until the capacity of the venue". Having concerts by Beck or Interpol it could be crazy.

Don’t see them doing reservations. Will be priority/double weekend ticket holders first.

Don’t think will be that crazy as people will be exhausted from several days of concert going and lot of working locals won’t go either.

45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don’t see them doing reservations. Will be priority/double weekend ticket holders first.

Don’t think will be that crazy as people will be exhausted from several days of concert going and lot of working locals won’t go either.

What if I have both Weekends, but separated tickets?

Actually I paid more than Weekend 1+2

On 1/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They also have the entire second weekend of acts to potentially get someone doing a second set, which must be easier than a normal festival drafting a replacement in.

For instance Big Thief are on weekend 2 only and are free on weekend one (they were just the first one I looked at as they’re one of the acts I’m most miffed about missing on weekend 2 - maybe more likely to try and do it with a hip-hop act).

Not that he's any good, but Playboi Carti from W2 would be a suitable replacement for the W1 slot that Brockhampton left open.

I wonder if/when PS will confirm Brockhamptons cancellation. Still listed to play on the 3rd on their artist profile, and PS haven't responded to a few comments on their social media posts so far. 

On a side note, I've noticed a band Holy Tongue have popped up on the poster for a ciutat gig but they weren't included in any announcement nor assigned a venue on the day listings. Cuco is also on the poster to play June 5th but no mention of him on the venue breakdown either. Same with Pile on 7th & Phoenix on 8th. Chet Faker looks to have been removed from the King Gizzard gig but nothing said of where he is playing now. Ride still down as TBC having previously said Poble Espanyol.

Guess there's still a lot of Ciutat events still to be announced!

1 hour ago, Float said:

I wonder if/when PS will confirm Brockhamptons cancellation. Still listed to play on the 3rd on their artist profile, and PS haven't responded to a few comments on their social media posts so far. 

I guess they are looking for a replacement and will notify about the cancelation along with it

7 hours ago, Haan said:

blasphemy!!! 

(it does look like his live performances are awful, but his music is great)

Carti's new album is certainly an improvement now that he dropped his dumbass baby voice. 

And yes, videos of his live shows consist of 100% of the raps coming from tape, Carti screeching like a vampire on top of the recordings, and high schoolers moshing while holding their phones up in the air with the screen brightness as high as possible.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Float said:

Can’t help but feel a bit concerned seeing the Primavera socials sharing the separate cancellations of both Big Thief and Porridge Radio’s 2022 Spanish tours today 👀😬 

But, in the other way, they announced two shows of Caroline for May...

I believe that, until Winter is gone, EU tours will be difficult (because of the logistics of tests and isolations and all of that). I imagine (basimg on last two years), that from April onwards, everything will be much easier.

6 hours ago, Float said:

On a side note, I've noticed a band Holy Tongue have popped up on the poster for a ciutat gig but they weren't included in any announcement nor assigned a venue on the day listings. Cuco is also on the poster to play June 5th but no mention of him on the venue breakdown either. Same with Pile on 7th & Phoenix on 8th. Chet Faker looks to have been removed from the King Gizzard gig but nothing said of where he is playing now. Ride still down as TBC having previously said Poble Espanyol.

Guess there's still a lot of Ciutat events still to be announced!

Wouldn't say "a lot of Ciutat events still to be announced" but maybe a few more, yes.

About the rest...wouldn't focus that much on the information about the venues/bands on the website. Since the beggining that it has some bugs.

For example, in the poster, King Gizzard are not mentioned to play on Wed 8th June (and they were supposed to be playing everyday) and the website still lists them to be playing.

1 hour ago, Float said:

Can’t help but feel a bit concerned seeing the Primavera socials sharing the separate cancellations of both Big Thief and Porridge Radio’s 2022 Spanish tours today 👀😬 

Big Thief's concert in Barcelona was due this month. Was never going to happen, given spread of omicron at present.

Porridge Radio might look worse as was in April but has been cancelled for 'logistical issues'

16 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

But, in the other way, they announced two shows of Caroline for May...

I believe that, until Winter is gone, EU tours will be difficult (because of the logistics of tests and isolations and all of that). I imagine (basimg on last two years), that from April onwards, everything will be much easier.

Do bands really need get tested before every f show even if they are vaccinated?

I think that technical issue is just an excuse, true reason is Omicron.

Edited by Festcrazy

I will mail Dice about this as well, but maybe here someone already resolved something similar so posting here as well. I have tickets for both weekends, but now it seems more and more unlikely I'll be unable to go both weekends so I will focus on the first weekend only. Does anyone know if it possible to sell only the second weekend of your ticket and keep the first? Or some other arrangement to change this? Cheers

36 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Do bands really need get tested before every f show even if they are vaccinated?

I think that technical issue is just an excuse, true reason is Omicron.

I am not saying that they need to be tested before every show. But some countries require a negative test to enter the country (Portugal, for example), even if you are vaccinated, and many more require a negative test for big events (1k or more - Portugal, for example, and I believe Spain, and others, too). 

For example, Big Thief will keep their shows in the UK (at least, they are still listed in their website). It is easier to do a tour in just one country...in Europe, with several countries with their different measures, and with Ómicron, it is more logistical complicated.

Edited by MeMeMeM

16 minutes ago, Jacobanthony said:

I will mail Dice about this as well, but maybe here someone already resolved something similar so posting here as well. I have tickets for both weekends, but now it seems more and more unlikely I'll be unable to go both weekends so I will focus on the first weekend only. Does anyone know if it possible to sell only the second weekend of your ticket and keep the first? Or some other arrangement to change this? Cheers

Write them, but, to be honest, I do not believe that they will accept to split the ticket. Have you bought two different tickets (W1 and W2), or did you bouth a week pass (W1+W2)?