Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I'm also surprised St Vincent wasn't on this, but I think Mad Cool might have poached her this time.

Was thinking about this too - with primavera doing the 50% gender lineup you can reasonably expect to see St Vincent, Phoebe Bridgers, Warpaint, Kelly Lee Owens at least for 2023!

Getting a bit ahead of myself…

14 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I think in this instance it's mainly because the 2022 lineup wasn't a huge surprise to a lot of people who'd already rolled over tickets from the cancelled year/s – there are some great additions, but Primavera fans shat the bed when Gabi mentioned Portishead and NIN in passing well over a year ago now, and it's come up almost weekly ever since. So it's part denial, part disappointment, part having fun with speculating.

I'm also surprised St Vincent wasn't on this, but I think Mad Cool might have poached her this time.

Mad Cool lineup is out within the next month so lots of mid-sized names to rule out.

Mad Cool feels like it's on life support whereas PS is obviously now flying...

If it sells out easily, how can they resist doing double Primavera every year.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

I would not underestimate how many tickets for WE2 the acts like Bad Gyal, C. Tangana, Cazzu, Giveon, Khea, Tainy and co are shifting probably a good portion of that among locals. Somewhat amazed C. Tangana isn't headlining. (maybe cause he's from Madrid :P)
One of the reasons many here find WE2 weaker might just be how packed it is in terms of Spanish language artists.

Also, while we are debating more headliners, this is the most packed festivals I have seen in a decade and casual-festivalgoers will even be more blown away by this than we are.

Most of the people who listen to this are teenagers who don't have the money to buy +200 euros at a festival, at least in Spain. Is actually funny, because they are trying to focus in young people, but every year is more expensive, more exclusive, more VIP, and less accesible por all kind of people. No camping, and the festival dates are ALWAYS in the middle of high school and College exams. 

Edited by davidoffescassi

33 minutes ago, adforperu said:

I'm not having a go at anyone here, but I find it fascinating that people are always so obsessed with 'more'.  You see it with festival line-ups all the time, you often see it with artists when they've released something (best example is when Radiohead released King of Limbs, and all the theories around a 'part 2' album).

Why do we do it?  I know it's fun to talk about the unknown, but would people be seriously disappointed if this was the full line-up now and no one else was added? (or at least nothing above the bottom rung).

I think that these expectations are only held with Primavera, because they tend to give surprises of this kind. When I go to Roskilde, Pukkelpop, or Sonar, I don't expect them to add anything new.

That's why I love this festival, among other things

48 minutes ago, adforperu said:

I'm not having a go at anyone here, but I find it fascinating that people are always so obsessed with 'more'.  You see it with festival line-ups all the time, you often see it with artists when they've released something (best example is when Radiohead released King of Limbs, and all the theories around a 'part 2' album).

Why do we do it?  I know it's fun to talk about the unknown, but would people be seriously disappointed if this was the full line-up now and no one else was added? (or at least nothing above the bottom rung).

Just because PS have actually said there are more acts coming and it's fun to speculate.

2 hours ago, pipan said:

I wrote them again today about being anxious that Weekend 2 is almost sold out and I still don't know my status regarding Weekend 2 upgrade. And this is what they've just sent me:

For operational reasons we will send you the missing link, when the entire returns process is finished.

Thank you - that's a bit more reassuring at least - i've emailed both RedTkt & the info@primavera email as looks like both are linked.

Was that just an email you sent them?

15 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Thank you - that's a bit more reassuring at least - i've emailed both RedTkt & the info@primavera email as looks like both are linked.

Was that just an email you sent them?

Just an e-mail (redtkt & primavera) and then another one, when I wasn't happy with their original response - which was too general and gave me no hint whether I can really afford to wait patiently or rather quickly buy the last available Weekend 2 ticket 🙂. And then they sent me this, so I've stopped panicking and I'm waiting for the link.

Edited by pipan
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, adforperu said:

I'm with you, it's really an annoying conversations. I can only think on one worse topic: artist font size on posters. "A is headlining X, should headline Y. That mean's a bigger artists, probably B, is coming". It's amazing the power size has on certain brains.

By the way, back to Primavera: I just can't believe W2 Thursday tickets are selling at the same pace as Saturday or Full Weekend Tickets. It would be first time in history of any festival.

3 minutes ago, MagneticField85 said:

I'm with you, it's really an annoying conversations. I can only think on one worse topic: artist font size on posters. "A is headlining X, should headline Y. That mean's a bigger artists, probably B, is coming". It's amazing the power size has on certain brains.

By the way, back to Primavera: I just can't believe W2 Thursday tickets are selling at the same pace as Saturday or Full Weekend Tickets. It would be first time in history of any festival.

I could imagine the number of day tickets is realtively low compared to the last years. And with the steep increase in price demand for them will not exactly be skyrocketing. On the other hand, Thurday of WE2 has Dua Lipa.

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I could imagine the number of day tickets is realtively low compared to the last years. And with the steep increase in price demand for them will not exactly be skyrocketing. On the other hand, Thurday of WE2 has Dua Lipa.

You are right. In terms of driving ticket sales, Dua Lipa is probably the biggest name Primavera has on its line up since Radiohead. She has 2 sold out shows in Spain in late 2021 or 2022. This is an ammount of sales none previous artists has on its own. But still, there's something that doesn't fit. We'll see.

They’ve just added Ride to the second weekend and midweek.

“Their concert on June 8th in the Poble Espanyol will be a tribute to Going Blank Again and their performance on June 9th in the Parc del Fòrum will revolve around Nowhere.“

02624DC4-09DC-457F-89D9-5F6DD655B375.jpeg

Edited by beatkeeper

9 minutes ago, beatkeeper said:

They’ve just added Ride to the second weekend and midweek.

“Their concert on June 8th in the Poble Espanyol will be a tribute to Going Blank Again and their performance on June 9th in the Parc del Fòrum will revolve around Nowhere.“

02624DC4-09DC-457F-89D9-5F6DD655B375.jpeg

More significant perhaps...

...there are gigs in the Poble Espanyol now!!

Love that place. Up in dreamy Montjuic.

• Like 1

their concert on June 8th in the Poble Espanyol will be a tribute to Going Blank Again and their performance on June 9th in the Parc del Fòrum will revolve around Nowhere.

Oooh this is actually really cool. Also means there will surely be additional acts at Poble Espanyol. Will be glad to head back there it is such a nice place to see music.

Edit: Hah, my time to copy xxialac

Edited by Gregorick

Just now, Festcrazy said:

It's time for MBV to make new album!!!

btw what about Wolf Alice, London Grammar, Sufjan Stevens, Glass Animals?

Can't see them booking Wolf Alice or London Grammar.

Sufjan could well be but another year.

Think there were strong rumours Glass Animals would be added.

Has anyone else got tickets through ticketmaster? Held ours from the 2020 edition and are trying to upgrade to 2 weekends but was told we'll be contacted in July by Primavera to formalise. Was just wondering is this for everyone or have others already upgraded tickets?