Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Nick Cave vs Beach House would be the worst.

I'd love to be able to list my potential clashes, but I'm not familiar enough with the timings to really hazard much of a guess as yet! Who is likely to play against each other from what we know?

Nick Cave is always my must-see regardless anyway!

Would love to see Autechre, Caribou and The National on the Friday - doable or am I going to have to choose?

What kind of time do people see Einsturzende Neubaten playing?

When do we get the timings usually? A month before? Later?

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd love to be able to list my potential clashes, but I'm not familiar enough with the timings to really hazard much of a guess as yet! Who is likely to play against each other from what we know?

Nick Cave is always my must-see regardless anyway!

Would love to see Autechre, Caribou and The National on the Friday - doable or am I going to have to choose?

What kind of time do people see Einsturzende Neubaten playing?

When do we get the timings usually? A month before? Later?

Usually, timetable is ready around three weeks before. Would say that Caribou will play late that night, and Autechre will go to Auditori (usually last show ends around 22h). So, the only possibility of clash would be The National vs Autechre.

Last time The National played Primavera, their show started at 21h30, so...

Bikini Kill...can be a possibility for Primavera Stage (and 21h00/21h30 would be suitable), or they can also play one of the main stages (and, in that case, no clash with The National).

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Usually, timetable is ready around three weeks before. Would say that Caribou will play late that night, and Autechre will go to Auditori (usually last show ends around 22h). So, the only possibility of clash would be The National vs Autechre.

Last time The National played Primavera, their show started at 21h30, so...

Bikini Kill...can be a possibility for Primavera Stage (and 21h00/21h30 would be suitable), or they can also play one of the main stages (and, in that case, no clash with The National).

Thanks! It feels so good to be making plans for this kind of thing again 🙂

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

Who says we need to be “totally omicron free” by April”? That’s impossible - the disease won’t be totally eradicated this year (or next).

So in summary we should be worried…as (checks notes) you’ve identified a grand total of zero US bands that have cancelled European May/June tours…

I hope that you are right, but all concerts in my country now are shut down and that's the reason why I'm a bit pessimistic. Unlike most of you, I like to see things as much realistic as I can and now situation is not good at all.

I already changed my plane dates since we've decided to do both weekends, so in case of postponment I'll again lose my money on flights.

For me the first and second day of the festival will be tough since I want to see almost all acts lol.

And I have a question since I have separated Weekend 1 and 2 tickets,I don't have advantage for mid week shows right?

Edited by Festcrazy

1 hour ago, Festcrazy said:

I hope that you are right, but all concerts in my country now are shut down and that's the reason why I'm a bit pessimistic. Unlike most of you, I like to see things as much realistic as I can and now situation is not good at all.

In Barcelona today it's not warm at all but that doesn't mean it won't be perfect in June.

I think it's realistic to be very positive about June but acknowledge there is some risk. That risk is not from Omicron.

The UK has shown outdoor festivals can be held outdoors without them being superspreader events and now we have far more vaccinated and prevalence will be low in June. So we are on, unless there's a nasty variant waiting for us that comes along at the wrong time and is worse than Omicron. 

1 hour ago, Festcrazy said:

Spain is now talking about "living with the virus", and treating covid like a general flu-like virus, so that suggests to me that Spain will soon give up on covid-specific restrictions.

All concerts here (Netherlands) are cancelled as well (had tickets for God Speed You Black Emperor for Thursday, oh well), but I'm expecting those restrictions to lift in the next month or two. Point is that the situation beginning of June will be quite different from now, with almost 18 months of vaccinations and boosters, the link between infections and serious hospitalization broken, and June being the typical low point for infections generally.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

Too big a festival and impossible to know clashes. Can have a decent stab at working out sequence of the main stages' acts and who will go last on Rayban but apart from them, god knows.*

Timings about a month before, yep.

Just for some reference so it helps people trying to work out clashes:

The headliners will all be on the two main stages and won’t clash with each other as they are staggered between the two.

The following acts have been confirmed by various sources (DJ Seinfeld tour post and RPS) to close out Ray-Ban/Dice stage: Jamie XX, DJ Seinfeld, Bicep, Disclosure and Danny L Harle.

A pitchfork article when the first addition of the fest was announced stated that the following would be on their stage: 100 Gecs, Black MIDI, Carla, girl in red, Kampire & Decay: Bunu Bop, Kim Gordon, Rina Sawayama, Bikini Kill, Chaqueta de Chándal, Earl Sweatshirt, Fontaines DC, Helado Negro, Mariah the Scientist, Young Marco, Caroline Polachek, Diiv, Jawbox, Leon Vynehall, Shame, Tim Burgess, Sampa the Great.

obviously any of this could have changed/be changed but it’s a rough idea of a few acts placements.

Edited by Gregorick
Added names to pitchfork list
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gregorick said:

The headliners will all be on the two main stages and won’t clash with each other as they are staggered between the two.

The following acts have been confirmed by various sources (DJ Seinfeld tour post and RPS) to close out Ray-Ban/Dice stage: Jamie XX, DJ Seinfeld, Bicep, Disclosure and Danny L Harle.

A pitchfork article when the first addition of the fest was announced stated that the following would be on their stage: 100 Gecs, Black MIDI, Carla, girl in red, Kampire & Decay: Bunu Bop, Kim Gordon, Rina Sawayama, Bikini Kill, Chaqueta de Chándal, Earl Sweatshirt, Fontaines DC, Helado Negro, Mariah the Scientist, Young Marco, Caroline Polachek, Diiv, Jawbox, Leon Vynehall, Shame, Tim Burgess, Sampa the Great.

obviously any of this could have changed/be changed but it’s a rough idea of a few acts placements.

Danny L Harle would be a very weak Ray Ban closer compared to the others, so I'd assume he's subbing someone else. Apart from that it looks pretty accurate.

I sort of gave up predicting actual times years ago, but I'm at peace with the knowledge I'll probably only see 50% of the stuff I want to. I need to prepare my feet for some of that back and forth between stages.

Danny himself posted on Instagram he was closing Ray-Ban and had to redact the post probably after a call from management. It's kind of a weird slot for him but I can see them spreading peope even at closing sets so we'll see.

Leon Vynehall was suppossed to close Pitchfork whatever day he is playing (I really can't remember anymore). And given the attempts I saw over here during the last couple of years you better stop playing with the schedules if you're still thinking Bad Gyal (or C. Tangana before he dropped out) had any chance to play before night falls 😅

6 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Danny L Harle would be a very weak Ray Ban closer compared to the others, so I'd assume he's subbing someone else. Apart from that it looks pretty accurate.

While he might not be the biggest draw he was one of my favourite acts in 2019 and I think he will absolutely kill it in that slot. Does seem like a much smaller name than the others though but Primavera is obviously really keen on him.

2 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

While he might not be the biggest draw he was one of my favourite acts in 2019 and I think he will absolutely kill it in that slot. Does seem like a much smaller name than the others though but Primavera is obviously really keen on him.

Yeah, I'm not saying he's shit but he's pretty small fry compared to the others so I'd be surprised if they gave him that sort of slot, just seems like he'd be better subbing someone a bit more experienced and well known. Maybe the agent did some backscratching somewhere, fair play if so.

35 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Appreciate I could just Google him, but it's a new name to me - what kind of music does he do?

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Appreciate I could just Google him, but it's a new name to me - what kind of music does he do?

Started off as part of the PC Music crew making weirdo pop now does more happy hardcore style stuff.

EUPHORIC

Edited by Gregorick

12 hours ago, Gregorick said:

For the Ray-Ban closers, are we expecting them to be the final acts (around 4-6am) or the acts before that (3-4am)? I can't say I'm hugely familiar with all of them but given DJ Seinfeld is doing a live show, I think at least him, Bicep and Disclosure make more sense as the 3-4am acts. 

Yea, I thought about that too. Jamie could actually close the stage like in '14 but Seinfeld, Bicep, Harle and prob Disclosure have 60-70min sets. This would allow Coco to retain his cosing set on Saturday but then it would be a very poorly written message from Dj Seinfeld camp. Besides, we're not talking about something kind of ambiguous like playing at dawn or around midnight: closing is closing, so maybe this year the 3am-4-am act starts later and there's no dj but an actual closing set from these guys at 5am-6am.

Coco is not playing so I don't know anymore guys.

On 1/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, daveje said:

Spain is now talking about "living with the virus", and treating covid like a general flu-like virus, so that suggests to me that Spain will soon give up on covid-specific restrictions.

All concerts here (Netherlands) are cancelled as well (had tickets for God Speed You Black Emperor for Thursday, oh well), but I'm expecting those restrictions to lift in the next month or two. Point is that the situation beginning of June will be quite different from now, with almost 18 months of vaccinations and boosters, the link between infections and serious hospitalization broken, and June being the typical low point for infections generally.

A small contribution from me: with my band we've got 5 shows between 12th and 19th March, all in indoor venues in France, Germany and Czech Republic, all booked months ago and, after a few months full of total uncertainty, they're all been confirmed during the last two days and some the venues just started promoting them on social networks. I don't know if something in particular happened last monday but we started receiving official confirmations. One of them is a quite big venue (Supersonic in Paris) where we're the opening act for a band from Los Angeles. It will be on March 14th and the official Facebook event has been created yesterday evening, even if the show has been booked last September.

I hope these news will make us all a little more hopeful 🙂

The crazy thing is that we're unable to book shows here in Italy at the moment but who knows, things change fast.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Shows in Barcelona this month are being postponed til early February but tomorrow in Madrid Sen Senra is playing a 8k venue and Mujeres and Alizzz are playing shows on Friday. All of them are playing Primavera this year.

Good, they will be healing by then.

13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

For the Ray-Ban closers, are we expecting them to be the final acts (around 4-6am) or the acts before that (3-4am)? I can't say I'm hugely familiar with all of them but given DJ Seinfeld is doing a live show, I think at least him, Bicep and Disclosure make more sense as the 3-4am acts. 

I think a bit of both, but really expecting Black Coffee to have a better spot than Danny L Harle, he should be playing late the Ray-Ban if not closing it, and Font size on the recent poster supports that as well.

12 hours ago, Nesser said:

Yea, I thought about that too. Jamie could actually close the stage like in '14 but Seinfeld, Bicep, Harle and prob Disclosure have 60-70min sets. This would allow Coco to retain his cosing set on Saturday but then it would be a very poorly written message from Dj Seinfeld camp. Besides, we're not talking about something kind of ambiguous like playing at dawn or around midnight: closing is closing, so maybe this year the 3am-4-am act starts later and there's no dj but an actual closing set from these guys at 5am-6am.

Coco is not playing so I don't know anymore guys.

On the 2017 Saturday, Haim played a surprised set at 3:00, followed by !!! at 4:15-5:05, then Coco had a shorter set than usual. Don't count out an unusual schedule structure.

• Thanks 1