Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

believe it or not, i'm going to a festival on friday - rockaway beach in sussex - it's been a case of will it/won't it happen for about three months, even today i'm not 100% convinced it will happen - but if it does, well, i can only imagine how 'euphoric' (see also: drunk) it's going to feel....

That sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy. Is it mainly indoors?

4 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

believe it or not, i'm going to a festival on friday - rockaway beach in sussex - it's been a case of will it/won't it happen for about three months, even today i'm not 100% convinced it will happen - but if it does, well, i can only imagine how 'euphoric' (see also: drunk) it's going to feel....

I've been to Butlins for festivals before , the main stage in the centre is fine for air flow etc , but reds I think it's called is just a big enclosed room with no windows , does have air conditioning . The hangover gets cleared quickly when you go down the water slides.

6 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

This Is incredible...and what a Good lineup!

14 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I've been to Butlins for festivals before , the main stage in the centre is fine for air flow etc , but reds I think it's called is just a big enclosed room with no windows , does have air conditioning . The hangover gets cleared quickly when you go down the water slides.

hehe yes - and they have a brand new swimming complex now with an outdoor rapids ride....

17 hours ago, chilirocker said:

What is the likelihood of The Smile being a surprise guest?! Sons of Kemet are already playing, so they just need to fly Thom and Jonny in. I live in hope. 

they just announced some london dates for end of jan, and album is 'nearly ready' so i think this is a good call

• Like 1

They're charging 77 pounds for a show so I highly doubt they're gonna drop by as a surprise guest. Line-up is closed according to the latest poster so assuming one of the hottest new bands in town is going to play because 1/3 of them is already playing and Yorke has attended the festival some years is kind of naive. But we're in 2022 with a pandemic still going on so who knows.

Just booked my flights - direct return for £170. 

Just a heads up in case anyone else was having trouble, i noticed that Skyscanner doesn't bring up Girona or Reus even after selecting "Add nearby airports". Thankfully i had a play around on Ryanair as i had some vouchers for Christmas and noticed direct flights from Rues to Manchester.

Return flight is also at 21:35 from Reus, so got a full day of relaxing in the sun before heading home to the inevitable rain. 

Flights and Accom now sorted - Excitement is starting to rise 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:30 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Just a heads up in case anyone else was having trouble, i noticed that Skyscanner doesn't bring up Girona or Reus even after selecting "Add nearby airports". Thankfully i had a play around on Ryanair as i had some vouchers for Christmas and noticed direct flights from Rues to Manchester.

Return flight is also at 21:35 from Reus, so got a full day of relaxing in the sun before heading home to the inevitable rain. 

Very brave act since artists are canceling European tour

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Please provide list of bands cancelling European tours taking place in May/June.

Not in May, but artists who are now on tour in February canceled it.

Edit: For US acts needs to be safe until April, you think that we,ll be totally Omicron free until that time?

Edit 2: check for Bullet For My Valentine if they are still in Rock Am Ring, and they are European.

Edited by Festcrazy

31 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Edit: For US acts needs to be safe until April, you think that we,ll be totally Omicron free until that time?

Edit 2: check for Bullet For My Valentine if they are still in Rock Am Ring, and they are European.

BFMV have postponed Jan and Feb dates. May onwards is still active including the ring. 

That's the point, artists are cancelling now because Omnicron cases are out of control, they won't look like that by summer. 

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Who says we need to be “totally omicron free” by April”? That’s impossible - the disease won’t be totally eradicated this year (or next).

So in summary we should be worried…as (checks notes) you’ve identified a grand total of zero US bands that have cancelled European May/June tours…

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

So what are everyone's most dreaded clashes? King Giz and The Strokes would be brutal. Tame Impala and Turnstile would suck. 

Well, King Gizz is playing five times, so that should not be a big problem, if you're not staying for just one of the main festival weekends.

1 hour ago, Festcrazy said:

For someone called Festcrazy, you don't seem to be that crazy about fests

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

King G are also playing Sunday and Monday.

Turnstile on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Well, King Gizz is playing five times, so that should not be a big problem, if you're not staying for just one of the main festival weekends.

Aye, aiming for 4/4 for King Giz though 😁

On 1/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

I also bought my tickets two weeks ago, Lisbon/Barcelona/Lisbon with TAP. 150 € (for me and my wife), including one piece of checked luggage. Great deal. There is a risk? Yes, certainly. But is a risk that I would be able to afford.

Hotel is also booked with a total refundable rate, and tickets were bought in July 2019, so...it will feel like a "free" trip, since the most expensive part of the trip is already paid.

Edited by MeMeMeM
Word correction
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

So what are everyone's most dreaded clashes? King Giz and The Strokes would be brutal. Tame Impala and Turnstile would suck. 

Headline 9 are all bolted on for me (minus Jorja Smith) so come what may. 

Friday it'll be an absolute miracle if I can see Autechre, Brockhampton, Earl, Fontaines, Gizzard, Sims, Low, Warpaint and Parquet Courts without a clash.

Edited by BenG92

2 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

I also bought my tickets two weeks ago, Lisbon/Barcelona/Lisbon with TAP. 150 € (for me and my wife), including one piece of checked luggage. Great deal. There is a risk? Yes, certainly. But is a risk that I would be able to afford.

Hotel is also booked with a total refundable rate, and tickets were bought in July 2019, so...it will feel like a "free" trip, since the most expensive part of the trip is already paid.

I did contemplate that route myself! Im sure there was an early morning flight from Barca that gave you like a 10 hour layover in Lisbon, more than enough time to have a mooch in the city.

I was starting to get worried about the trip to be honest, as when i last looked at direct flights i was getting prices of around £300, which would have sadly ended my hopes of going. 

Cant wait to go now, been wanting to go for years but never managed it 🙂 

26 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I did contemplate that route myself! Im sure there was an early morning flight from Barca that gave you like a 10 hour layover in Lisbon, more than enough time to have a mooch in the city.

I was starting to get worried about the trip to be honest, as when i last looked at direct flights i was getting prices of around £300, which would have sadly ended my hopes of going. 

Cant wait to go now, been wanting to go for years but never managed it 🙂 

Yes, there is an early morning flight Barcelona/Lisbon. I also thought to cath that one, but decided for the afternoon flight on Thursday. I am staying from Thursday to Thursday. After almost three years without Primavera...I think I deserve it ahahah