Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

21 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

At this point that really doesn't say much. Maybe some festival has a right to announce them first. I have one in mind. 

Richard Reed Perry talked to the Montreal Gazette like two months ago an it had this in it:

"A new Arcade Fire album is in the works, but a release date is far from certain. The band recorded together for a month in the fall, according to Parry, and will likely converge again in the spring. But for now, that’s the band on the back burner, and Bell Orchestre is getting credit where credit is due."

https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/local-arts/arcade-fire-takes-back-seat-as-bell-orchestre-reemerges-with-new-album

So the new Album isn't even recorded yet. And it usually takes more than a year from the finished recordings to a release. So I'd say the earliest the album will be released is Fall 2022. So a proper tour is something I wouldn't expect for 2022

Fair enough. I've never made a record so I have no idea. The nerds over on AF Reddit have some sources that indicate they recorded in November and again in February, and that Nigel Godrich is producing. Seems like they have a lot of material to dig through.

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Do we? Could still be announced before the programm at RPS. It would be a pretty bad move to reveal the line up only to those who got tickets. The last couple years we always got the line up video at 10:00, unless someone leaked it like 2018 and 2020.

2019 line-up was released during the RPS show at about 4 or 5 p.m. -as they promised the week or so in advance.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Reuters is highly credible, not some cheap gossip mag and there were two sources (as well as a tonne of clues from the organisers)

Yeah, there are two weekends.

Just checked the article and they're saying the two weekends are both in June...

"the festival will take place on June 2-5 and June 9-12 of 2022 in the northeastern Spanish city, doubling its usual length, and will have around 400 shows across two lineups which will include major singers, the sources said."

Isn't this different to what we were expecting? I thought the general consensus here was the first weekend being May 25th - 29th?

13 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just checked the article and they're saying the two weekends are both in June...

"the festival will take place on June 2-5 and June 9-12 of 2022 in the northeastern Spanish city, doubling its usual length, and will have around 400 shows across two lineups which will include major singers, the sources said."

Isn't this different to what we were expecting? I thought the general consensus here was the first weekend being May 25th - 29th?

Line-up release is planned for 25th May, also the 2nd June weekend clashes with official Porto dates, that's why some people here mentioned that the last weekend of May (25 - 29) is more probable than the 2nd weekend of June. 

I personally believe that the June dates are correct, but just in case, I booked accomodation from 24th May to 13th June. 🙂

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Good point. 

I think on reflection two weekends in June makes more sense. That way they could have the bands pop over and do Porto the same weekend.

Perhaps just a coincidence the lineup announcement is on 25 May.

1 minute ago, pipan said:

Line-up release is planned for 25th May, also the 2nd June weekend clashes with official Porto dates, that's why some people here mentioned that the last weekend of May (25 - 29) is more probable than the 2nd weekend of June. 

I personally believe that the June dates are correct, but just in case, I booked accomodation from 24th May to 13th June. 🙂

Yeah surely its not too much trouble for acts to move from Porto / Barcelona? Plus if they're sharing acts between the separate events, then 3 weeks its quite a while to expect acts to wait around?

Ive gone and booked a place for the weekend in May anyway just in case, as that weekend works better than the others for me. 

b8ff2d220582649563cb9f819e59046c.webp

Can't see R.B.C.F not returning for 2022, but looking at the dates it's pretty much impossible for them to do Primavera on the 25.-29.05 or 02.-05.06. However, they are free on 09.-12.06., so it would make sense that these are dates of the second weekend.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JB15 said:

Reminder that next years U.K. bank holiday is different for the queen thing, and so for the first weekend in June, both the Thursday and Friday is a bank holiday 

Pretty amazing timing. For those Brits wanting to do both weekends:

1) Fly out Thursday morning.

2) Fly back Sunday pm a week later

= and you only need to take 5 days of holiday allowance...for what is likely to be 10 days of live music.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is there any evidence at all to suggest Portishead playing? I get the NIN rumours as they were meant to be playing Primavera LA, but isn't Portishead just wishful thinking?

Gabi mentioned that he heard that Portishead were up to something but wouldn't be ready in time for the 2020 festival ( I think ) 

Too much silence about Portishead for them to be on the line up. My bet goes on NIN and MBV (who already toured together in 2018 if I am not wrong). I also see asap rocky with a new album headlining, possibly the only big hip hop artist PS could use as the Tyler the creator of the other weekend, given that Kendrick and Frank won't be there. I hope he is not back already though. 

+ Ldr, rosalia. Those would already be 5 headliners... At leadt one missing

Edited by whos3000

27 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I think there's a quite a big stretch between Gabi mentioning something on a radio show in 2019, and them being a "decent bet" to appear

We'll see. They haven't played since 2008 at the festival and they're a very good fit.

Gabi's rumour was his spies had heard they were going to release a new album. That will then prompt them to play live again and where better to make their comeback?

Edited by xxialac

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

We'll see. They haven't played since 2008 at the festival and they're a very good fit.

Gabi's rumour was his spied had heard they were going to release a new album. That will then prompt them to play live again and where better to make their comeback?

I mean it would be good but as @whos3000said, there's been too much silence. You'd think there'd be some hints by now

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Gabi's rumour was his spied had heard they were going to release a new album. That will then prompt them to play live again and where better to make their comeback?

Where Is the album? I Hope too but is unlikely