Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

I guess Mogwai will be back which is always a good thing. I mentioned them in the 2021 thread but if they need headliners I’d like to see Arcade Fire, Lizzo and Lorde booked. I’d like to see Kacey Musgraves, Phoebe Bridgers, Daughter and Young Fathers as new additions too.

I guess if they wanted a big pop act they could get Rosalia to headline? Would certainly shift any leftover tickets.

The only comfort I can take right now is that those bands that wanted to tour...will still want to tour.

So should be able to see them all just not in the sun with med and an aperol as part of a holiday.

2021 looks like having to take your chances with the overcast UK scene with inevitable torrential rain at some point, early finishes and no comfy bed to return to.

24 mins ago

Spain will buy 17 million more doses of Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine as part of a new deal negotiated by the European Union, government spokeswoman Maria Jesus Montero said on Tuesday. The government aims to have vaccinated 70% of Spain’s 47 million population by the summer, she reiterated

This is also sad. Feels like it was so, so close to going ahead.

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Primavera have given the very vague reply of ‘June’ to people on Instagram asking for the new dates so I’m gonna go ahead and assume that’ll be the 1st to the 4th.

Don't know why they are being coy about this - they have announced Porto Primavera will be 9-12 June 2022 so surely Barcelona is 2nd-5th?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Don't know why they are being coy about this - they have announced Porto Primavera will be 9-12 June 2022 so surely Barcelona is 2nd-5th?

I imagine there's issues locking in headliners so far in advance right now, especially considering bands need to take into consideration scheduling other festivals they're doing next year. Probably just don't want punters booking specific dates and then having to be like "oops sorry it's a week later now" because they couldn't quite make a weekend work for a specific act.

Edited by jannybruck

18 minutes ago, DiegosLeftHand said:

In the announcement they said something about it being "doubly good" and "like never before", reckon it could be over more days or multiple weekends? 

I doubt it. Probably just a bit of assurance that next year will be great after the disappointment of this year being cancelled, but hopefully also a brag of the shit hot lineup they’ll have for us.

27 minutes ago, DiegosLeftHand said:

In the announcement they said something about it being "doubly good" and "like never before", reckon it could be over more days or multiple weekends? 

What a great pickup. Didn't clock that. Doubly good is quite awkward phrasing - I think it's intentional.

I think it is a wink and nudge towards there being 2 Primaveras next year. Perhaps in different seasons or over two weekends like Coachella.

Edited by xxialac

I just don't think they've even got the liquidity right now to be booking two separate weekends' worth of artists, honestly. I could see a nice spin-off like the Weekender but it's a huge financial undertaking to be trying anything more than that. We saw how stuff like Primavera LA (RIP) and Primavera London (RIP) was them starting to stretch themselves a little thin. They'll want to keep next year tight and efficient and risk-free.

55 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I just don't think they've even got the liquidity right now to be booking two separate weekends' worth of artists, honestly. I could see a nice spin-off like the Weekender but it's a huge financial undertaking to be trying anything more than that. We saw how stuff like Primavera LA (RIP) and Primavera London (RIP) was them starting to stretch themselves a little thin. They'll want to keep next year tight and efficient and risk-free.

If they thought they had liquidity for 4 festivals on those flyers they were handing out at the last one, couldn't they have liquidity now for 3 (Porto + 2xBarcelona)?

It sounds like LA was fraught with problems and London didn't work out either.

Maybe focus on what you know works...and expand it. 

They could make the second one a bit smaller with a headline act plus a few subs, rather than a full blown festival. All Points East has a similar model and is run over two long weekends.

Edited by xxialac