Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Jesus you people 😄 

Are you honestly thinking there will be more headliners or is this some sort of running gag? I can throw around names and call them 99% likely too. 

This Line Up is stacked beyond measure for PS standards. This aint Mad Cool where they just throw around money senselelssly. 

This is way too strongly worded.

There could be a headliner that was embargoed and they can’t announce them yet.

And even more likely when Weekend 2 inevitably struggles for sales, throw a big Latino name or two in the mix like Rosalia and, watch as a lot of tickets get sold.

Interpol is a headliner this year. I’d be surprised if there isn’t a name bigger than Interpol still to come.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Has anyone got any idea what artists could potentially be guests during Gorrilaz sets? Off the top my head there's Jehnny Beth, Mavis Staples, Beck, Kano, Georgia, slowthai

was thinking theyd probs do garage palace with little simz

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

This is way too strongly worded.

There could be a headliner that was embargoed and they can’t announce them yet.

And even more likely when Weekend 2 inevitably struggles for sales, throw a big Latino name or two in the mix like Rosalia and, watch as a lot of tickets get sold.

Interpol is a headliner this year. I’d be surprised if there isn’t a name bigger than Interpol still to come.

Interpol was a Headliner in 2019. The other acts they shared the headline with that day were Erykah Badu and Future, both big names for sure, but compared to Dua Lipa, Gorillaz and Tyler, The Creator, with whom they share the headline next year, they are much smaller. 

I don't think WE2 will struggle that hard. Dua Lipa is a massive name, Lorde has an incredibly loyal fanbase, Megan Thee Stallion has never been to Europe since breaking through (obvsly) and Indieheads will want so see Yeah Yeah Yeahs (it has been nine years since they last played in continental Europe). The undercard is very strong too, especially for more rap and pop oriented people with M.I.A., Run The Jewels, Charli XCX and Playboi Carti. It'll sell well, even if it doesn't sell out. 

Rosalia was the biggest crowd I ever saw at PS. They won't burn her on a line up this stacked but rather make her the centerpiece of one of the coming editions. 

Also, there are some names in the music world that hardly any festival can afford like Coldplay, The Rolling Stones, U2 and the likes, bc their solo shows are just so much more lucrative. Bad Bunny is on the verge of becoming such an act. He might just cost too much compared to the number of tickets he'll bring in

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Random question: has anybody ever traveled straight back home early on Sunday morning after the festival, on either no sleep or just a couple hours of it? I'm considering flying back to the USA in this manner to save an extra day of PTO and a night stay in town, and wondering how y'all survived.

I do not recommend this. Especially if it's an early morning flight back. I made that mistake once and still don't know how I made it onto the flight. Give yourself a day to decompress, catch up on sleep and have one last relaxing day in Barcelona. You'll be very glad you did. Sleeping on the flight home may also mess up the jetlag the festival actually helps you avoid.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Random question: has anybody ever traveled straight back home early on Sunday morning after the festival, on either no sleep or just a couple hours of it? I'm considering flying back to the USA in this manner to save an extra day of PTO and a night stay in town, and wondering how y'all survived.

Haha, that is risky business! 

I have done it several times and it has worked fine when having friends going with the same flights which increases the chance of getting up in time. But both 2017 and 2018 I was booked alone on the early morning flight. Both times I woke up about one hour after the flight departed having no memory whatsoever of turning off the alarm.. It was pretty expensive to book new flights leaving on the same day. I would rather recommend going straight to the airport from the fest without sleeping. Seems ideal with a flight to the US to be able to spend all those hours sleeping. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The headliners are all on one after each other with no clashes on alternating stages facing each other so if it’s the headliners you’re interested in you should be fine.

I think you should be fine selling any tickets if it turns out you can’t go to any of the days. I’m sure by the time the festival comes around in a year any tickets will be pretty sought after so somebody will buy them from you.

thank you, very helpful

35 minutes ago, branvan said:

So, finally VIP-Upgrade with DICE is possible, you will get an email on June 1st to upgrade if you want to. 

Where do you buy these 15%-capacity-Tickets for the concerts in the midweek? 

And what about Redtkt, does anyone know? I don't want to anxiously wait for July 

12 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Interpol was a Headliner in 2019. The other acts they shared the headline with that day were Erykah Badu and Future, both big names for sure, but compared to Dua Lipa, Gorillaz and Tyler, The Creator, with whom they share the headline next year, they are much smaller. 

I don't think WE2 will struggle that hard. Dua Lipa is a massive name, Lorde has an incredibly loyal fanbase, Megan Thee Stallion has never been to Europe since breaking through (obvsly) and Indieheads will want so see Yeah Yeah Yeahs (it has been nine years since they last played in continental Europe). The undercard is very strong too, especially for more rap and pop oriented people with M.I.A., Run The Jewels, Charli XCX and Playboi Carti. It'll sell well, even if it doesn't sell out. 

Rosalia was the biggest crowd I ever saw at PS. They won't burn her on a line up this stacked but rather make her the centerpiece of one of the coming editions. 

Also, there are some names in the music world that hardly any festival can afford like Coldplay, The Rolling Stones, U2 and the likes, bc their solo shows are just so much more lucrative. Bad Bunny is on the verge of becoming such an act. He might just cost too much compared to the number of tickets he'll bring in

Surprised to hear this. Last time I saw Interpol was headlining the John Peel tent at the last Glastonbury. It's only the fourth biggest stage and there was barely a hundred people there. Never seen a less well attended headliner.

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Surprised to hear this. Last time I saw Interpol was headlining the John Peel tent at the last Glastonbury. It's only the fourth biggest stage and there was barely a hundred people there. Never seen a less well attended headliner.

As mentioned before, Interpol have a strong standing in Barcelona because one of them lives there (or used to live idk) and they are strongly affiliated with Primavera. Just like f.e. Mac DeMarco, Interpol thus are placed higher up on PS lineups than they are elsewhere. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

13 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Beck makes a lot of sense since he's staying in Barcelona for the Sunday Ciutat show.

Not sure about Jehnny Beth, as the band may not have rehearsed their joint album cut for the tour.

He's worked with Massive Attack before hasn't he. And Caribou are up for that kind of thing (they came on with Hot Chip for the encore at Glastonbury and did percussion and vocals on Dancing in the Dark - it was quite the moment!).

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I'd be surprised if 2nd weekend sells out ever.

Good news, would rather attend 1st weekend cuz of better lineup, but accompained with people who prefer 2nd one more.

Hope that some artists from the 1st weekend will add up the 2nd weekend as well like DIIV, Beach House, IDLES, Tim Burgess.

Still such a pitty for Pavement.