Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

I’m really happy with those new additions. I know some people were expecting another headliner and I saw some people elsewhere were disappointed but I wasn’t expecting any really big names at this point, so getting Low and Wet Leg on board for weekend one is good news for me. The new posters really show just how good this lineup is. Every day is incredibly strong, particularly on weekend one. As @xxialacsays, they’ve done a great job with the midweek gigs this year too. That could be a festival on it’s own!

45 minutes ago, Float said:

Phoenix are playing a ciutat gig on the 8th, wasn’t mentioned in any articles when new names were released but I noticed they have popped up on the poster. 

Still not showing up on either the press release or the artist page, hope it's not a mistake on the poster. Perhaps other artists were added to Ciutat as well but who knows honestly.

Primavera also mentioned last Monday that Napalm Death, beabadoobee, La Mafia del Amor, Kano and Fatima Yamaha have dropped from the poster.

I'm very pleased with the latest additions - especially Amyl & the Sniffers, Wet Leg and Remi Wolf

54 minutes ago, Float said:

Phoenix are playing a ciutat gig on the 8th, wasn’t mentioned in any articles when new names were released but I noticed they have popped up on the poster. 

Noticed that too. If that is true, I am happy, since I will not stay for the W2.

And King Gizzard, who were supposed to play a gig each night, are not in the Wednesday anymore.

Happy with Low and Wet Leg.

Sad that Bleachers are in W2. But we can't have everything.

2 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Noticed that too. If that is true, I am happy, since I will not stay for the W2.

And King Gizzard, who were supposed to play a gig each night, are not in the Wednesday anymore.

Happy with Low and Wet Leg.

Sad that Bleachers are in W2. But we can't have everything.

Yeah, Phoenix and Bleachers on Ciutat would be amazing

Think they added Boy Pablo for the Ciutat on sunday without mentioning it anywhere. In generel very happy with the new announcement.

WE2 friday is gonna be a Jack Antonoff-day with Bleachers, Lorde and Clairo haha. (Let's see if he brings some other artists that he produces, like St. Vincent, maybe as a surprise guest)

52 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Think they added Boy Pablo for the Ciutat on sunday without mentioning it anywhere. In generel very happy with the new announcement.

WE2 friday is gonna be a Jack Antonoff-day with Bleachers, Lorde and Clairo haha. (Let's see if he brings some other artists that he produces, like St. Vincent, maybe as a surprise guest)

St Vincent is in Italy that day on tour (and in case I don’t see her flying to Spain just to be someone’s guest). 

Didn’t think her last album was very good which softened the blow of her not being on the lineup.

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

St Vincent is in Italy that day on tour (and in case I don’t see her flying to Spain just to be someone’s guest). 

Didn’t think her last album was very good which softened the blow of her not being on the lineup.

Ah, true, so rather unlikely. I'm still pretty sure, Jack will do something special, at least Clairo, Lorde and him will do something together I guess.

Another thing I'd love to see would be him and Kevin Abstract of Brockhampton doing some of the songs of Arizona Baby together.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, foofajter said:

Of course, and for 2023 edition we will need 4th or even 5th dose

can't see that happening it would be financially suicide, since they would have to refund tickets to all those who are not vaccinated and who have already bought tickets, there were no vax statment when you were buying ticket

6 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

can't see that happening it would be financially suicide, since they would have to refund tickets to all those who are not vaccinated and who have already bought tickets, there were no vax statment when you were buying ticket

The government can ask a green pass... Not vaccinated people are very few and so this not a financial problem

7 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

It's a pandemic. It's completely legitimate to demand customers for a mass event be vaccinated, regardless of what the original terms said, and this will be the standard in June.

It might be that two vaccines are enough however, if the last vaccine was within 9 months of the event (current EU rules). But it might be that you also need a booster.

Yes, they will offer refunds but no it won't be financial suicide as there will be very few refunds claimed and those tickets can be resold to what is a sold out event. And young people will choose the jab over missing out on a social life.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1