Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Tbf Arctic Monkeys did both Primavera and Mad Cool in 2018, so it's not that unheard of, just rather unlikely.

Sure but Primavera hadn't sold out all their tickets and put out their poster in 2018.

I think the chances of overlapping acts is very small in a normal year but given the above it's even smaller.

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

Tbf Arctic Monkeys did both Primavera and Mad Cool in 2018, so it's not that unheard of, just rather unlikely.

That was a very rare exemption where the artist wanted the radius clause removed. Might happen again at some time but it won't become common.

Edited by Quadrophobia

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Mad Cool has such a dreary 'seen it all before' set of headliners. And whilst there's some good quality there in the undercard, there's next to nothing that's fresh or exciting. 

They don't half play it safe.

don't they just? it's a line up that might well be really exciting to a lot of people, but that isn't me at all - it's one of those posters that, when you do discover something on it that excites you, it really stands out glaringly....

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Mad Cool has such a dreary 'seen it all before' set of headliners. And whilst there's some good quality there in the undercard, there's next to nothing that's fresh or exciting. 

Primavera headliners all play festivals like Mad Cool. The only one that doesn't is Megan Thee Stallion and to a degree Dua Lipa

59 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Primavera headliners all play festivals like Mad Cool. The only one that doesn't is Megan Thee Stallion and to a degree Dua Lipa

I wasn’t commenting on whether there is overlap.

Only on how Mad Cool has curated their headliners.

Essentially a tonne of guitar rock from male-fronted bands that are long past their best and most that do the circuit every year (and not much else).

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

Sure but Primavera hadn't sold out all their tickets and put out their poster in 2018.

I think the chances of overlapping acts is very small in a normal year but given the above it's even smaller.

11 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

That was a very rare exemption where the artist wanted the radius clause removed. Might happen again at some time but it won't become common.

Yeah I can agree that it's unlikely to see such crossovers, but it is a noteworthy exception.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Not getting ahead of myself but reallyyy would enjoy Phoebe Bridgers on WK1.

Think she's playing Mad Cool so would run into this question as to whether she's exclusive or free to do both.

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

I mean, both line-ups appeal to different parts of my tastes in music so I'd gladly do both if I had the budget.

8 minutes ago, Createur said:

I don't believe that there are any substantial news for PS 2022 until Primavera Weekender 2021 is finished.

I'd guess marketing campaingns start again in 2022.

Think you're right though they might give us a small 'christmas present' to keep excitement levels up.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Can you translate the basic points of the article? 

And can someone bullet point the RPS stream? 🙂

Not a lifechanging article but still good news.

Essentially the local govt is giving Primavera Sound special tax breaks to ensure its survival for the next few years.

6 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Modest Mouse playing Nos alive according to poster . So hopefully added for second weekend 

They are playing NOS Alive (which is in July), not NOS Primavera Sound (which is one month before). Not saying that can't happen, but doesn't seem likely.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

The Avalanches playing in Stockholm 8th june with The Strokes, Clairo and Japanese Breakfast. Would love the Avs playing primavera on weekend 2 as well 

Feels very likely and seem to remember it looked like they were in previously.

As long as it's better than last time though...