Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Hi Folks, I managed to bag a ticket for the festival, via a resale on Dice (really surprised how simple and easy they make it). Whilst I’m a seasoned festival(ler), I’ve never been to Barcelona or this festival. I have the first weekend pass, which I’m really looking forward to. 

Can anyone give me any tips for ideal location area for accommodation (looking to book either Airbnb or hotel), along with ease of commuting to and from the festival? I’ve been to Bilbao BBK and they put a shuttle bus service on, do they provide any service like that, or is everything very walkable? 

Thanking you in advance 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt1976 said:

Can anyone give me any tips for ideal location area for accommodation (looking to book either Airbnb or hotel), along with ease of commuting to and from the festival? I’ve been to Bilbao BBK and they put a shuttle bus service on, do they provide any service like that, or is everything very walkable?

The rule of thumb is generally anywhere along the yellow metro line (L4) which runs to the site, or within an easy change of that, is best. Nothing too far out as the metro only runs late hours on Fri/Sat nights: Thursday the vast majority of people walk back, grab a cab, cycle, etc. Be aware the festival may run a little later than you're used to – headliners often only on at 12/1am and then other popular acts on other stages afterwards.

Forum is towards the edge of the city and most visitors stay further back into the centre of town near the touristy stuff, around 30-60 minute walk. There are shuttle buses that run to and from but it's not a huge operation so most find alternate ways to get to and from the site.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Matt1976 said:

Hi Folks, I managed to bag a ticket for the festival, via a resale on Dice (really surprised how simple and easy they make it). Whilst I’m a seasoned festival(ler), I’ve never been to Barcelona or this festival. I have the first weekend pass, which I’m really looking forward to. 

Thanking you in advance 

Also the tram line t5 runs all night during the festival so is good place to stay near.

• Thanks 1

Possibly indirectly affecting PS Weekender: Rolling Stone Beach in Germany got the permission to go ahead and will be held under "normal" conditions, requiring all attendees to be either vaccinated, recovered or tested on daily basis, but with no distancing or mask requirements.

Edited by Quadrophobia

On 9/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, jannybruck said:

The rule of thumb is generally anywhere along the yellow metro line (L4) which runs to the site, or within an easy change of that, is best. Nothing too far out as the metro only runs late hours on Fri/Sat nights: Thursday the vast majority of people walk back, grab a cab, cycle, etc. Be aware the festival may run a little later than you're used to – headliners often only on at 12/1am and then other popular acts on other stages afterwards.

Forum is towards the edge of the city and most visitors stay further back into the centre of town near the touristy stuff, around 30-60 minute walk. There are shuttle buses that run to and from but it's not a huge operation so most find alternate ways to get to and from the site.

Brilliant and thank you. I’m ok with late gigs, as I’ve been to Bilbao when The Cure played and that finished pretty darn late. Sounds all very easy and accessible. Thanks again for your assistance. Much appreciated 

Looking at the weekend 1 lineup Turnstile are showing as playing on the 2nd June and the 5th of June. Does that mean they’re playing twice? As on the bands website they’ve only got the 5th June. Looking at getting a couple of spares from Dice for this but will only be coming for 2-4 main festival due to work. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Looking at the weekend 1 lineup Turnstile are showing as playing on the 2nd June and the 5th of June. Does that mean they’re playing twice? As on the bands website they’ve only got the 5th June. Looking at getting a couple of spares from Dice for this but will only be coming for 2-4 main festival due to work. 

Turnstile are playing the main festival on the 2nd and then also a weekday show away from the main site on the 5th.

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, Quadrophobia said:

Possibly indirectly affecting PS Weekender: Rolling Stone Beach in Germany got the permission to go ahead and will be held under "normal" conditions, requiring all attendees to be either vaccinated, recovered or tested on daily basis, but with no distancing or mask requirements.

Rolling Stone Beach will go ahead but it was announced that Modest Mouse, Warpaint, Lucy Dacus and Sleaford Mods are no longer part of the line-up. So we shouldn't expect them at PS Weekender.

https://www.rollingstone.de/rolling-stone-beach-17-neue-namen-darunter-tocotronic-element-of-crime-und-blumfeld-2360861/