Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

Don't suppose anyone has heard anything further about Primavera Weekender?

nah - weird as it's getting sort of close - i did ask on twitter a few times but they've stopped replying now after their initial burst of replies.... would kinda like to book flights some time soon

3 hours ago, livenstu said:

The new Turnstile album too, Glow On.  Kind of passed me by up until this point, really hyped for them now!

Turnstile are playing the one day that seems outrageously busy for me personally so I’m kinda worried they’re gonna get caught up in a huge clash, but yeah they’re ace and I very much want to catch them. Not heard the new album yet but the last one has been played repeatedly since it’s release.

10 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Don't suppose anyone has heard anything further about Primavera Weekender?

Thing is, US acts are starting to pull out of European Gigs 2021, UK acts are busy at home. Hardly feasible to go through with a festival like that without either. Its sad because if governements would already allow events to be excusively open to the vaccinated and recovered, these festivals could've happened. My friends in the industry said (not specifically regarding PS Weekender) that government promises have simply never been delivered, so they couldn't give their contracted acts the final go. 

Hey, wanted to ask in case anyone knows - It feels like the resale/returns policy at this point is quite strict that you can’t return the ticket, but is there anyway around that? I bought a ticket for weekend 1 during the last resale via DICE, and at this point I reckon I’ll be able to afford it, but there’s a part of me that’s still wants the option to back out just in case my funds don’t cut it.

For example I notice that there’s a “waiting list” for extra Prima tickets on the DICE event page - maybe I’m overreaching but that does potentially suggest a situation where one could return their ticket and it gets circulated back into this waiting list.

It should work the way you mention but I'm not really versed on DICE so someone else will clarify.

Regarding Weekender, September was the date planned to release the line-up. Nevertheless, the issues with UK acts and Brexit -don't expect any US acts unless they live in Benidorm- seem to play a bigger role than planned. And given that we're one the European countries with most % of ppl vaccinated but somehow we're still under several restrictions re: social events I reckon they will try to postpone any announcement as far as possible until some restrictions are lifted and they get some clarity with UK bands.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:52 PM, Nesser said:

regarding Weekender, September was the date planned to release the line-up.

No - initially the Benidorm homepage said "with a line-up to be released in the coming weeks" but that has since been changed to an ambiguous 'soon' - not sure when the change was made though....

On 8/28/2021 at 4:52 PM, Nesser said:

It should work the way you mention but I'm not really versed on DICE so someone else will clarify.

Regarding Weekender, September was the date planned to release the line-up. Nevertheless, the issues with UK acts and Brexit -don't expect any US acts unless they live in Benidorm- seem to play a bigger role than planned. And given that we're one the European countries with most % of ppl vaccinated but somehow we're still under several restrictions re: social events I reckon they will try to postpone any announcement as far as possible until some restrictions are lifted and they get some clarity with UK bands.

So I guess I should give up on the idea of Modest Mouse then? Wonder if they'll cancel that Germany show at Rolling Stone Beach as well. Hopefully if not this autumn they'll make it over for festivals in June/July.

28 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

So I guess I should give up on the idea of Modest Mouse then? Wonder if they'll cancel that Germany show at Rolling Stone Beach as well. Hopefully if not this autumn they'll make it over for festivals in June/July.

Holding a ticket for Rolling Stone Beach and haven't heard anything from them. My feeling is that its not going to happen, because Germany has an upcoming election and noone will wanna piss off voters by opting for the inevitable mandatory vaccination (or recovery) for events. 

Got bored so made an attempt to guess how the Mordor schedule should look each day. 7 acts ( couldn't bother with the first two) split in (1) and (2) stages plus the closing act on Ray-Ban (RB).

X (1) - Y (2) - Kacey Musgraves (1) - Pavement (2) - Tame Impala (1) - Massive Attack (2) - Charli XCX (1) // Honey Dijon (RB)

X (1) - Y (2) - Beck (1) - The National (2) - Brockhampton (1) - The Strokes (2) - Caribou (1) // Jamie xx (RB)

X (1) - Y (2) - Mavis Staples (1) - Nick Cave (2) - Jorja Smith (1) - Gorillaz (2) - Tyler (1) // Disclosure (RB)

X (1) - Y (2) - Bad Gyal (1) - Interpol (2) - Dua Lipa (1) - Gorillaz (2) - Tyler (1) // Bicep (RB)

X (1) - Y (2) - Courtney Barnett (1) - Britanny Howard (2) - Lorde (1) - The Strokes (2) - Massive Attack (1) // Danny L Harle (RB)

X (2) - Y (2) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (1) - Jorja Smith (2) - Megan the Stallion (1) - Phoenix (2) - Tame Impala (1) // Dj Seinfeld - Coco (RB)

Didn't forget about Shadow, M.I.A., Tangana, Run the Jewels and Charli (W2) but someone has to play on the Primavera/Ray-Ban area too.

Has anyone bought from DICE’s waiting list? When I went to buy tickets it said there were none available but there was the Waiting list, but when I signed up for DICE’s waiting list they took the payment and the app now says ‘youre going”. 

have I bought a ticket or have the taken payment for a spot in the waiting list that will refund if I don’t get an actual ticket? Kind of reluctant to book flights or anything until I know we have tickets. 

Edited by golden egg

8 hours ago, golden egg said:

Has anyone bought from DICE’s waiting list? When I went to buy tickets it said there were none available but there was the Waiting list, but when I signed up for DICE’s waiting list they took the payment and the app now says ‘youre going”. 

have I bought a ticket or have the taken payment for a spot in the waiting list that will refund if I don’t get an actual ticket? Kind of reluctant to book flights or anything until I know we have tickets. 

It looks like you got the ticket.

Ok, it's weird situation, but maybe I'll try like you for 4th of June, I'm on waiting list already for 3 weeks and still got nothing.

16 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Pavement just announced an EU-Tour so they won't be world-exclusive for 2022. I don't mind but I guess some people will

Eh, it’d be pretty ridiculous to want them to wait another year to do a proper tour just so we could have our exclusivity for the year when they’ve been ready and raring to go for a while now. We’re still getting them first, and now I get to see them a couple of months later too so big result for me.

• Upvote 2

message from Gabi...

Dear weekender,

I am getting in touch with you to keep you up to date about the current situation of Primavera Weekender 2021.

I know that you are concerned about the uncertainty that exists right now regarding the celebration of the festival in Benidorm on November 5th and 6th of this year. So are we. I want to be completely transparent and tell you the situation as it stands today.

We at Primavera Sound are continuing to work so that the Weekender can be celebrated. We are also very happy with the line up that we have closed and are doing everything possible to be able to enjoy this adventure together again.

At the time of writing these lines, the global health situation and the legal framework regarding live music events such as Weekender impose restrictions that cast doubt on whether the festival can be held or not. However, as we are in continuous contact with the administrative and health authorities, we also know that these conditions may change again and, if so, Primavera Weekender could go ahead.

We know it is worth fighting for it as the weekender experience, as you well know (and if you don’t know, people have told you), deserves that we do everything we can and not throw in the towel until we have exhausted all possibilities, explored all routes, and used all our resources.

Therefore, I ask for your understanding and patience for three more weeks. By then, we will know for sure if we can all live the Weekender experience together again or not. As soon as we have this certainty, we will contact you again.

I know that all this implies that you give us a vote of confidence, but I am also aware of the inconvenience and nuisance that this uncertainty can cause you. Therefore, I can only recommend that you stay on stand-by for a few more days. Do not make alternative plans yet, do not book your trip or cancel any bookings you already have. And if, for whatever reasons, finally you can't or don't want to attend, don't worry: your ticket will be refunded in full.

We thank you in advance for your loyalty, understanding and support. And we are very sorry for all the inconvenience and disappointment this may cause.

That is exactly why, we will not give up either.

With the Weekender it is all, or nothing.

Take care.

Edited by Ohjesus
  • Upvote 1