Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

The Dutch experience is that there's a huge difference between tightly controlled events that are closely monitored, and open events that people treat like they're back to normal. We went from about 600 cases per day to 10,000 in about 10 days.

I'm also pretty skeptical that a packed outdoor festival is considered low risk. It might be outdoors, but people are crammed into an enclosed space with close proximity to the same people for about an hour, shouting and cheering.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that PS updated the poster immediately when both Phoenix and Ride were announced. 

But there still hasn't been any update since Warpaint, Little Simz, Cuco or Khruangbin. In fact, there isn't any mention on the website at all of the Poble Espanyol Khruangbin show.

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Too much of the Utrecht festival was people crammed inside without good ventilation 

BA7FEE5A-05A8-4477-9778-98C2403D1B77.jpeg

Noone will be able to say where exactly the infections happend. The relevant point here is: It is very unlikey that a single person infected all the others, the testing regime must have slipped several positive cases. I think it absolutely possible that festivals will start to demand vaccination from attendees in the coming years, once the inevitable legislation to allow that is in place

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Noone will be able to say where exactly the infections happend. The relevant point here is: It is very unlikey that a single person infected all the others, the testing regime must have slipped several positive cases. I think it absolutely possible that festivals will start to demand vaccination from attendees in the coming years, once the inevitable legislation to allow that is in place

It got pretty messed up, but still shows the reality of actual events that aren't controlled tests. The QR codes weren't always verified, people sometimes just waved the phones at stewards and got in, some people copied QR codes from their friends, etc. And there's still the more fundamental problems:

• too few people in the age group were vaccinated;
  • vaccinated people could still be contagious;
  • Delta is extremely contagious;
  • people were in enclosed spaces for extended periods.

And everyone acted like Covid was over.

They're now saying that for future events, simply being vaccinated isn't enough, and those people need to be tested as well.

7 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Anyone received anything further re ticketing since we had to choose a weekend or upgrade? Believe it was July when we're next meant to hear something.

*Checks calendar*

Although the email did initially say that payment will be taken by July, as far as I remember they sent out a contradictory email the following week requesting funds much sooner. I know for me personally, I've paid for (and received) my upgraded tickets for a couple months now.  

Interesting!

This is what I got from REDTKT back in May:

Thank you for filling out the form, your request has already been processed. PRIMAVERA SOUND will contact you in July to formalize the weekend selection or the upgrade to Weekend 1 + Weekend 2 ticket.

Looking forward to seeing you at Primavera Sound 2022!

Nothing since 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Interesting!

This is what I got from REDTKT back in May:

Thank you for filling out the form, your request has already been processed. PRIMAVERA SOUND will contact you in July to formalize the weekend selection or the upgrade to Weekend 1 + Weekend 2 ticket.

Looking forward to seeing you at Primavera Sound 2022!

Nothing since 🤷‍♂️

yep - that's the first one, then slightly later i got one to pay/confirm. 

16 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

yep - that's the first one, then slightly later i got one to pay/confirm. 

Presume that's pay/confirm for the upgrade? I just opted for wknd 1 so no further action my end I hope, as I've received no further comms.

Maybe they will surprise me with a wee email on Saturday at 11.30pm

17 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Presume that's pay/confirm for the upgrade? I just opted for wknd 1 so no further action my end I hope, as I've received no further comms.

Maybe they will surprise me with a wee email on Saturday at 11.30pm

ah yes, it was.

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

And I assume they’ll be the flagship name for Primavera Weekender.

Please, willing this into existence. They did have that show the same weekend in Germany for Rolling Stone Beach but can't see it on their website anymore

On 7/29/2021 at 7:35 PM, BlackFoxx said:

Please, willing this into existence. They did have that show the same weekend in Germany for Rolling Stone Beach but can't see it on their website anymore

I think it never even appeared on their website in the first place. I'm somewhat sceptical reagarding european Indoor festivals this year, especially reagarding US-Acts. While the US seems to not care anymore (Lollapalooza and Rolling Loud went ahead with next to no restrictions albeit quickly rising case numbers), I reckon the European governements will be more careful. I've got tickets to Rolling Stone Beach, but haven't heard anything in a long time.
Currently, festivals of comparable size are happening but they are all outdoors. As it is very unlikely that we will go into another lockdown, there is nothing that keeps cases from surging amongst the unvaccinated. In November, case numbers will likely be at an all time high, if the vaccination campaign does not make significant progress. The only option I see is making a vaccination mandatory for attendance, as tests have proven to be unreliable with Delta.
This situation has to be cleared up in a timely manner, otherwise US-Acts will just not make arrangements to fly over the pond. 

Edited by Quadrophobia