Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

St. Vincent's europe-tour starts right after Primavera. I guess it's still unlikely, since she is at Mad Cool, but maybe as a surprise guest, I don't know. Would love a Jack Antonoff day on friday with Lorde, Clairo and her haha.

3 hours ago, adforperu said:

The virus will probably never be done with us.

Vaccination is the key.  Only 40% of Spain is fully vaccinated at the moment.  36% of Netherlands.  You'd hope/expect that to be much much higher in a year's time.

You can't say places like Australia closed too late/opened too early and they're having problems too now.  

Do you have a source for over a 5th of club goers being positive from one night?  

Here, it's in Dutch though. Says quite clearly that people's QR codes were checked at the door for vaccinations or negative tests, and that this was very strictly enforced at the door. This isn't the only such incident, btw.

This link (again, in Dutch) has more general background, but it also has a nice graphic showing the corona cases split by province and age group. tldr; the party and festival going age groups are seeing explosive growth in cases.

None of this makes me very confident about indoor gigs later in the year. I'm sitting on Le Guess Who tickets for November, I'm less confident about this taking place than I was a few months ago, health authorities are increasingly talking about autumn/winter waves.

Still think Primavera will happen next year, but given what's happening right now, I don't think it was ever realistic next month.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

New Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine album sounds promising. Imagine if they get booked for the Auditoria!

This would be absolutely amazing. But I try not to get my hopes up, the line up is already so stacked.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:56 PM, unodosseb said:

Anyone hear back from Festicket yet since doing the form a few weeks back?

On 6/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, deadpheasant said:

Nothing yet

I still haven't heard anything from them. I asked them on their support platform as well as on their social channels if it worked out with the transfer of the ticket to the second weekend - and have been waiting for an answer for 4 weeks now...no idea what to do now...some form of certainity would be nice. In my festicket account there is still only the voucher for Primavera Festival 2021.
Anyone else with the same problem? 

14 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

They added Cuco on the sunday in Poble Espanyol, another nice addition. Isn't he quite big in spain?

168m listeners on spotify...

I see this as great news, mostly as it means that they are doing two decent sized gigs a day there so could well be another 5 Poble Espanyol acts to announce.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, MrTobs said:

St. Vincent's europe-tour starts right after Primavera. I guess it's still unlikely, since she is at Mad Cool, but maybe as a surprise guest, I don't know. Would love a Jack Antonoff day on friday with Lorde, Clairo and her haha.

Think she's very likely for Primavera

9 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

How is that? She could only be announced if Mad Cool would dispense off their radius clause. Sure they could work out something of a surprise show, but even that could be covered by that clause.

It's not like every artist has to sign the same contract. They negotiate. It's entirely possible she offered to play Mad Cool if they removed the radius clause for her. She may have even offered to play for a lower fee so she could do both. Who knows, really?

5 hours ago, purplecowz said:

It's not like every artist has to sign the same contract. They negotiate. It's entirely possible she offered to play Mad Cool if they removed the radius clause for her. She may have even offered to play for a lower fee so she could do both. Who knows, really?

Its just standard procedure to exclude your artists from your competitor. There are exceptions, but not many. Some artists, like the Arctic Monkeys in 2018 f.e., are big enough to demand a radius clause scrapped. Doesn't happen a lot though.

1 minute ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Jesus this is getting totally mental . The choice of bands in the primavera a la Cuitat. 

Maybe only downside is if you go the poble espanyol , very low chance of getting into the other gigs .

I’m wondering if the Poble Espanyol gigs might end up being the only ones that take place in the daytime.

Speaking about Primavera a la Ciutat, I've just discovered L'Imperatrice.

They are playing just once during those 11 days and only in a small venue in the city, so the less people know this the better. But I simply can't keep this information to myself - they are great. 🙂 If there is one concert I shall not miss on June 7th, it's them.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:50 AM, xxialac said:

27,000 people attended Vida Festival near Barcelona this weekend just gone.

No social distancing.

Shows how the festival wasn't that far off being able to take place this August, especially if they'd gone for a reduced format.

20.000 people attended festival in Utrecht. They had to show green covid certificate to enter.

Result: 1.000 infected with corona virus(so far)

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/07/1000-people-at-utrecht-festival-infected-with-coronavirus/

34 minutes ago, puckno said:

20.000 people attended festival in Utrecht. They had to show green covid certificate to enter.

Result: 1.000 infected with corona virus(so far)

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/07/1000-people-at-utrecht-festival-infected-with-coronavirus/

But that’s not an outdoor festival so not really comparable.

Plus you just needed a LFT in few days before whereas (easy to commit fraud) eg Cruilla and Vida were doing them onsite.

Not saying festivals don’t cause infections but all too apparent now that outdoor-only festivals with good testing are at lower end of risk spectrum. 

8 minutes ago, puckno said:

Quote: "... In total, 20,000 people attended the Verknipt outdoor festival ... " Newspaper might be wrong then.

Its not, it is an outdoor festival. There is a video in this article (in Dutch obviously) 

https://www.ad.nl/utrecht/lachen-dansen-knuffelen-utrecht-gaat-eindelijk-los-op-een-festival-je-voelt-je-gewoon-gelukkig~afc866611/

I mean it was always likely something like this would happen. Testing is too unreliable and vaccination rates have not yet reached herd immunity. With Delta being more infectious and vaccines less effective against getting infected than other mutations, we'll need much higher vaccination rates to safely hold festivals again.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1