Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

16 minutes ago, Chilly Toad said:

You mean, like Napalm Death and Mavis Staples? Or, in terms of headliners, Bon Iver and Slayer?

Primavera has 200 acts. This little festival has 40 acts with 2 headliners. It's not such a crazy idea to think a tiny festival would have two headliners that were slightly more thematically aligned (e.g. they originally had John Fogerty with Patti on last year's poster). 

Anyway I've been put right on this already...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Primavera ans Azkena don't really share acts though. I'd love to see her, but I think Azkena will have a tight radius clause for their headliners.

Hmm. It's just so strange that she has a May 31 gig booked in Brussels, and then nothing booked until six days later on June 6 in Germany. It's a perfect gap for Primavera. 

28 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Hmm. It's just so strange that she has a May 31 gig booked in Brussels, and then nothing booked until six days later on June 6 in Germany. It's a perfect gap for Primavera. 

Yeah, I agree that that looks suspicious. But that could be due to rescheduling or another festival in that period.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely delighted with Warpaint, a real favourite of mine. 

The additions of Phoenix, Ride & Warpaint have all been 10/10 for me and in retrospect, easily would have been enough to sway me to go for both weekends (thankfully I already opted for that!). 

I am however getting a touch of dread due to the strength of this lineup getting borderline ridiculous. The fear of major clashes is really starting to kick in 🙃

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

new Modest Mouse album is out this Friday. Perfect fit for weekend 1

I guess they will be confirmed for Primavera Weekender. They are in Germany in November (Rolling Stone Weekender).

It will be interesting how they keep us entertained for a year. Will they complete the Line-Up as fast as possible?

I'm presuming a lot of acts like Warpaint have been holding out to see if it's viable to do a 'festival season' or not, so I'm imagining there'll be a drip feed of other stuff through autumn as more acts figure their shit out and become available.

It's quite an ask for a lot of bands to confirm a single show like Primavera over a year in advance, and hoping that you'd get enough other shows around it to make it viable.

• Like 1