Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Festcrazy said:

So no chance for Wolf Alice, Royal Blood, St. Vincet, Phoebe Bridgers and The War On Drugs.

I don't think it's boring lineup.

If you’re from the U.K. all those acts have been easy to see in recent years (except PB).

Obviously plenty of PS headline ones have been too but the undercard is way (way!) more exciting.

Surprised to see how many acts are being shared between MC & PS (Leon Vynehall, Peggy Gou, Noga Erez, Nina Kraviz, Beebadoobee) at this early stage. Not sure if they're also expecting Strokes too? I thought it tended to be 1-2 acts max.

I think Beebadoobee being placed 8 acts from the top of her day (TBC headliners aside) at Mad Cool compared to her bracket starting 21 acts from top at her Primavera day speaks a lot 😉  

1 hour ago, Float said:

That Mad Cool poster has done nothing but reiterate how stacked Primavera is. 

to be honest, i don't understand why the comparison between the two festivals keeps coming back every year on this topic. 

mad cool was never a competitor for prima, both do different things. I think the main competitor for them is rock werchter. 

still a lot of quality in the undercard for mad cool for that type of festival, as leon bridges, st vincent, the war on drugs, royal blood, wolf alice are playing. but it cannot be compared with the primavera poster, that is stacked on the bottom side in both weekends. 

Edited by neacaisa

15 minutes ago, Float said:

Surprised to see how many acts are being shared between MC & PS (Leon Vynehall, Peggy Gou, Noga Erez, Nina Kraviz, Beebadoobee) at this early stage. Not sure if they're also expecting Strokes too? I thought it tended to be 1-2 acts max.

I think Beebadoobee being placed 8 acts from the top of her day (TBC headliners aside) at Mad Cool compared to her bracket starting 21 acts from top at her Primavera day speaks a lot 😉  

Primavera is  in alphabetical order though.

From what I heard, DJs typically don't accept tight radius clauses, bc their style of playing is just different to bands and they might play multiple gigs in the same area. So that might be why they both were able to book Nina Kraviz, Leon Vynehall and Peggy Gou.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Normally, I'd book at the beginning of the respective year. This year I booked much earlier, because you have a huge disadvantage if you stay for both weekends, because you compete with everyone who goes to either, because you wouldn't want to switch flats midweek. 

My group is switching apartments mid-week, as that was the most affordable way to make things work. Doesn't feel like it'll be such a hassle.

7 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Primavera is  in alphabetical order though.

From what I heard, DJs typically don't accept tight radius clauses, bc their style of playing is just different to bands and they might play multiple gigs in the same area. So that might be why they both were able to book Nina Kraviz, Leon Vynehall and Peggy Gou.

+PS 2022 is so much bigger than before, essentially doubled the amount of acts.

Noga Erez won't play the Forum as of now, only Apolo La [2] (she deserves a bigger stage)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Girona looks like a short daytrip. I bet you could squeeze that easily alongside the Ciutat evening shows.

Yeah, it's only a 30 min train ride from Barcelona, but it seemed like a neat place to spend a couple nights in its own regard, and I wanted to day trip to the Dali museum in Figueres. We'll see. 

10 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

So I saw on the website that the Forum capacity will be 80K per day. 2019 was what, 65K? I really hope having more people doesn't mess with the festival experience...

I think it's inevitably going to be quite a different atmosphere and long-termers should probably brace themselves for it, but it remains to be seen how it will be. The increased capacity and thousands coming from places like the US are certainly going to change the feel of it, but my main worry is that they scale up the infrastructure accordingly.

44 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Yeah, it's only a 30 min train ride from Barcelona, but it seemed like a neat place to spend a couple nights in its own regard, and I wanted to day trip to the Dali museum in Figueres. We'll see. 

I'd also look at going to Zaragoza or Madrid if you wanted to escape Barcelona for while. It's very easy on the train.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

When can we book the ciutat gigs? ideally like to get a start planning the length of time I'm gonna be there.

There’s no chance of anything happening on the specifics for the ciutat gigs and won’t be until next year.

You know the festival is in 12 months, right?!

21 hours ago, xxialac said:

If you’re from the U.K. all those acts have been easy to see in recent years (except PB).

Obviously plenty of PS headline ones have been too but the undercard is way (way!) more exciting.

I live in Balkan, no one of these mentioned weren't in my country.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

There’s no chance of anything happening on the specifics for the ciutat gigs and won’t be until next year.

You know the festival is in 12 months, right?!

Well yeah but I didn't know if we had to book the ciutat gigs. There was talk about VIPs and W1+2 getting priority tickets so that reads to me like we have to book them as well.

If I'm only going for 1 weekend I want to know which midweek days I'll be able to go to so I know how many days I'm gonna be in Spain for.

10 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Well yeah but I didn't know if we had to book the ciutat gigs. There was talk about VIPs and W1+2 getting priority tickets so that reads to me like we have to book them as well.

If I'm only going for 1 weekend I want to know which midweek days I'll be able to go to so I know how many days I'm gonna be in Spain for.

I was asking about that I while ago, but people here mentioned that if you have VIP ticket or W1+W2 that you'll get priority ticket.

I asked for procedure in case of having just one week ticket, even I asked Dice and they didn't respond me..

14 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

as i understand it weekend one holders will be able to go to all midweek shows. but it's first come first served on the door, with only 15% being offered for sale (don't know when).

any queues will be able to be 'jumped' however by VIPs and 2-weekend ticket holders.

i think

Edited by riseupandkill

1 minute ago, riseupandkill said:

as we understand it weekend one holders will be able to go to all midweek shows. but it's first come first served on the door, with only 15% being offered for sale (we don't know when).

the queue will be able to be 'jumped' however by VIPs and 2-week ticket holders.

Oh I see, thanks!

I'll definitely at least try to get one gig sorted on that 15% sale, failing that it will have to be queue and hope.

• Like 1