Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

5 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Some small remarks:

- I would expect all Acts that play both festivals on the exact same stage, since their productions are huge and it lowers costs, if their crew knows the stage already

- You have Pond in the Auditori once, which I find unlikely. I'd also expect them to be on as early as possible so there is more time between them and Tame Impala. My guesses for the Auditori that days would be Lingua Ignota or oklou, or something unannounced (KOC?)

-Lightning Bolt get a slot thats too high up for them imho. Would rather expect them on Adidas

- Same goes for Genesis Owusu and Jessie Ware. I'd expect Megan Thee Stallion to close the Main stages, with Jessie on Ray Ban, Genesis Owusu taking a Pitchfork Spot. If not Jessie, Fred Again... might play before DJ Seinfeld. 

Thanks for this! Just did a big old reworking from this. I FIND THIS FUN https://clashfinder.com/s/p202x1/

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I actually really like to see the line up like this. Of course it won't be anywhere near correct, but it gives you another impression of how awesome this Line up is.

Exactly! Getting to layer it out like this just helps me visualise it, otherwise it's just an indistinguishable blob of artists that'll likely clash with each other

8 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Some small remarks:

- I would expect all Acts that play both festivals on the exact same stage, since their productions are huge and it lowers costs, if their crew knows the stage already

- You have Pond in the Auditori once, which I find unlikely. I'd also expect them to be on as early as possible so there is more time between them and Tame Impala. My guesses for the Auditori that days would be Lingua Ignota or oklou, or something unannounced (KOC?)

-Lightning Bolt get a slot thats too high up for them imho. Would rather expect them on Adidas

- Same goes for Genesis Owusu and Jessie Ware. I'd expect Megan Thee Stallion to close the Main stages, with Jessie on Ray Ban, Genesis Owusu taking a Pitchfork Spot. If not Jessie, Fred Again... might play before DJ Seinfeld. 

Some further remarks:

DJ Seinfeld actually plays live according to the poster, so he's taking the 3AM slot.

I'd expect DJ Coco to end up as the actual Saturday closer on the Ray-Ban, especially on an anniversary edition.

DJ Shadow will bring a live show and is going to play 3AM at Ray-Ban. 100gecs is an Adidas/Pitchfork type of act

IMO Black Coffee is a Ray-Ban closer type of act

I also think that Phoenix will play earlier and Yeah Yeah Yeahs is going to close one that same main stage.

El Punto (the raggaeton/trap stage) won't host fred again.., Gilles Peterson, Special Interest, SPFDJ, Evian Christ

Desperados Cube (the DJ set stage) won't host Romy logic1000 live, Ela Minus (live), Daniel Avery live, LCY live, Jay Electronica (a rapper), VTSS live

Xiringuito is a daytime DJ set stage on the actual beach. In 2018-19 it was active between 14:00 and 18:00.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Orens said:

Some further remarks:

DJ Seinfeld actually plays live according to the poster, so he's taking the 3AM slot.

Yeah this is a decent point. Bicep, Disclosure and Jamie xx all make more sense in that 3am slot than the closing DJ set too, so seems fair to assume these are the closing live acts before the DJ slot after them.

Disclosure are an interesting one, they were one of the big names in 2020 and presumably would have been in Mordor but have been bumped down since then due to even more big names being added. They’re not quite the force they were 5 years ago but they still seem a very big name to not play on the two big stages. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah Disclosure’s bump down the lineup is a great pointer to just how much of a glow up the lineup/headliners have had since the initial 2020 poster. Suppose their third album making little to no impact didn’t do them any favours either. All of those 3am Ray Ban sets are gonna be insane. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Disclosure’s bump down the lineup is a great pointer to just how much of a glow up the lineup/headliners have had since the initial 2020 poster. Suppose their third album making little to no impact didn’t do them any favours either. All of those 3am Ray Ban sets are gonna be insane. 

I must be completely out of the loop here but have they ever been that popular to headline? I had honestly never heard of Disclosure before seeing their name on the original 2020 lineup and I was quite surprised to see a headliner I didn't know... I had to look them up and what I've heard from them didn't really do that much for me, I understand that their last album was not that successful but I'm wondering what is it that I'm missing...

2 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

I must be completely out of the loop here but have they ever been that popular to headline? I had honestly never heard of Disclosure before seeing their name on the original 2020 lineup and I was quite surprised to see a headliner I didn't know... I had to look them up and what I've heard from them didn't really do that much for me, I understand that their last album was not that successful but I'm wondering what is it that I'm missing...

They were pretty huge here in the U.K. back around 2014 and a bit further and were the next big breakout electronic act for a while after releasing a pretty huge debut album, but then kind of fucked it with album 2 and 3. They weren’t a big headliner by any means and maybe shouldn’t have been there at all on the 2020 poster, but they would’ve pulled a big crowd and been a big crowd pleaser. Their Ray Ban show will be rammed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They were pretty huge here in the U.K. back around 2014 and a bit further and were the next big breakout electronic act for a while after releasing a pretty huge debut album, but then kind of fucked it with album 2 and 3. They weren’t a big headliner by any means and maybe shouldn’t have been there at all on the 2020 poster, but they would’ve pulled a big crowd and been a big crowd pleaser. Their Ray Ban show will be rammed.

I think the third album was way better than the second and got them back on track. I actually think their position would've been justified, if the success really came through but thats hard to do without live concerts for this type of act. 

In other news, Best Kept Secret Festival will happen during WE2 / PSPorto. BKS is surely wanna have The Strokes, Massive Attack and The National back, but none of those can play their Friday. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

In other news, Best Kept Secret Festival will happen during WE2 / PSPorto. BKS is surely wanna have The Strokes, Massive Attack and The National back, but none of those can play their Friday. 

They were refunding all tickets because 2022 will be "a new line-up".

I guess headliners might not return to this one.

23 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

This is ace... I don't suppose there's one for the festival stages as well?

I was curious about this too, was hoping to be able to do this but not sure if I'll end up spending half the time walking around missing out on the music

IMG_20210613_181054.jpg

1 minute ago, e9t3 said:

I was curious about this too, was hoping to be able to do this but not sure if I'll end up spending half the time walking around missing out on the music

IMG_20210613_181054.jpg

That’s a nightmare to do as you have to turn around and face the other way

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

This is ace... I don't suppose there's one for the festival stages as well?

That depends on so much, mainly how crowded it is and how fast of a walker you are.

Rough estimae would be 7-10 minutes from main stages to RayBan (Dice)/ Primavera another 3-4 to Auditori or Pitchfork/Adidas and at least another 10 to any Bits stage. 

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

That depends on so much, mainly how crowded it is and how fast of a walker you are.

Rough estimae would be 7-10 minutes from main stages to RayBan (Dice)/ Primavera another 3-4 to Auditori or Pitchfork/Adidas and at least another 10 to any Bits stage. 

Yeah the bridge over to bits can be very busy especially after the main stages close . If you want a good spot for the 3 am rayban spot . You will have to leave the last main stage act before they finished.

1 minute ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Yeah the bridge over to bits can be very busy especially after the main stages close . If you want a good spot for the 3 am rayban spot . You will have to leave the last main stage act before they finished.

Also always stand on the left hand side of the RayBan when the main stages close, there will be thousands of people coming in from the right

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Float said:

Just noticing that the members of The Comet Is Coming are collectively playing through Sons of Kemet and Soccer96.
Probably a good shout for a future addition/secret show.. 

The Comet is coming is booked for Mad Cool so I guess they wouldn't officially be announced. But Hidden Stage would surely be a possibility, they did that the Last time Sons of Kemet played

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

The Comet is coming is booked for Mad Cool so I guess they wouldn't officially be announced. But Hidden Stage would surely be a possibility, they did that the Last time Sons of Kemet played

Think they only 'compete' with Mad Cool for the bigger acts and as such no reason why they can't be officially announced at some stage.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Think they only 'compete' with Mad Cool for the bigger acts and as such no reason why they can't be officially announced at some stage.

I know it isn't completely ruled out but competing festivals usually exclude all their acts with radius clauses from each other. Its just a standard contract. They'd need to ask to be freed from that clause which is possible for smaller acts, but nor given.