Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 hours ago, brosch said:

80.000 people per day for the six Parc del Forum days

I thought it used to be about 50.000 per day but really have no clue... Is it increased very much for the coming edition or is it sold out with capacities at normal?

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

I mean, there will be returning tickets from refunds, but I guess the waitlist will be longer than those. Very cleverly executed by Primavera.

Months ago I wouldn't have dreamt they could pull this off.

Absence [of joy] makes the heart grow fonder.

Buying that early bird ticket seems like a lifetime ago.

8 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Huh, where is NIN confirmed for Hellfest 2022?

Edit: just saw the leak, that's nearly two weeks after PS, but in theory it could certainly happen.

The leak seems pretty legit. Hellfest would also be a reason NIN-Dates have not yet been released. Still, I don't see where Primavera would fit another headliner like that. June 10th looks somewhat slim to me in the middle, but honestly, The Strokes - Nine Inch Nails - Lorde - Massive Attack could easily headline an entire festival.

Edited by Quadrophobia

6 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

A heads up for the clash finder creators. First stage/time announcements.

Ace! Think a lot of people had guessed this was gonna be the case for most of those acts anyway, but nice to have a confirmation. I’ll almost certainly be at every one of these!

In January 2020 (!) Pitchfork told us which acts were supposed to perform on their stage:

"For the festival’s 20th anniversary, Pitchfork will once again host a stage at Primavera Sound. Pitchfork’s stage will feature performances from Jawbox, Kim Gordon, Earl Sweatshirt, DIIV, Caroline Polacheck, black midi, Helado Negro, Fontaines D.C., Mariah the Scientist, Sampa the Great, Carla, Girl in Red, Rina Sawayama, Leon Vynehall, Crudo Pimento, Chaqueta de Chandal, Young Marco, Tim Burgess, and Shame. The stage will also see the world premiere of Kampire & Decay: Bunu Bop—a special b2b performance from the African DJs."

https://pitchfork.com/news/primavera-sound-2020-lineup-pavement-strokes-tyler-bikini-kill-bauhaus-more/

Some of these acts aren't on the line up anymore, others (Fontaines D.C.?) might be too big for Pitchfork in 2022, but maybe this list is a little help for all the clashfinder-creators...

Edited by frankburns

3 hours ago, Gregorick said:

A heads up for the clash finder creators. First stage/time announcements.

1 hour ago, frankburns said:

In January 2020 (!) Pitchfork told us which acts were supposed to perform on their stage:

"For the festival’s 20th anniversary, Pitchfork will once again host a stage at Primavera Sound. Pitchfork’s stage will feature performances from Jawbox, Kim Gordon, Earl Sweatshirt, DIIV, Caroline Polacheck, black midi, Helado Negro, Fontaines D.C., Mariah the Scientist, Sampa the Great, Carla, Girl in Red, Rina Sawayama, Leon Vynehall, Crudo Pimento, Chaqueta de Chandal, Young Marco, Tim Burgess, and Shame. The stage will also see the world premiere of Kampire & Decay: Bunu Bop—a special b2b performance from the African DJs."

https://pitchfork.com/news/primavera-sound-2020-lineup-pavement-strokes-tyler-bikini-kill-bauhaus-more/

Some of these acts aren't on the line up anymore, others (Fontaines D.C.?) might be too big for Pitchfork in 2022, but maybe this list is a little help for all the clashfinder-creators...

Ace, thanks gang - editing away! https://clashfinder.com/s/p202x1/

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think (and hope) that Autechre are going to be in the Auditori. 

Exactly what I was about to write, I remember they were confirmed to play in the Auditori, I also think The Caretaker will play there, their set would definitely work best in an indoor setting.

38 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think (and hope) that Autechre are going to be in the Auditori. 

22 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

Exactly what I was about to write, I remember they were confirmed to play in the Auditori, I also think The Caretaker will play there, their set would definitely work best in an indoor setting.

Tinkered and fixed! And thanks for the DMer with more deets too, have shifted more...

4 hours ago, Ben_Monk said:

Ace, thanks gang - editing away! https://clashfinder.com/s/p202x1/

Some small remarks:

- I would expect all Acts that play both festivals on the exact same stage, since their productions are huge and it lowers costs, if their crew knows the stage already

- You have Pond in the Auditori once, which I find unlikely. I'd also expect them to be on as early as possible so there is more time between them and Tame Impala. My guesses for the Auditori that days would be Lingua Ignota or oklou, or something unannounced (KOC?)

-Lightning Bolt get a slot thats too high up for them imho. Would rather expect them on Adidas

- Same goes for Genesis Owusu and Jessie Ware. I'd expect Megan Thee Stallion to close the Main stages, with Jessie on Ray Ban, Genesis Owusu taking a Pitchfork Spot. If not Jessie, Fred Again... might play before DJ Seinfeld. 

6 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

I know the Auditori well and I also know that Autechre is not a great name but it is for the classic PS goers ... we will see...

It feels like a long time since a band that filled out the auditori during the main three festival days and I don’t see Autechre as that band. The whole show is in the dark (and when it’s nice and sunny outside) and lots of bloopy noises and competing other acts on other stages.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It feels like a long time since a band that filled out the auditori during the main three festival days and I don’t see Autechre as that band. The whole show is in the dark (and when it’s nice and sunny outside) and lots of bloopy noises and competing other acts on other stages.

I hope you are right🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Apparently Mad cool is revealing its Line up next wednesday, with the majority of headliners easily identifiable by then, due to some guessing game with their poster (see over at their thread). We'll be able to rule out the majority of artists playing it, especially headliners. 

One day later, Hellfest is gonna announce their line up (also doing 2 weekends). A leak that seems pretty legit has Nine Inch Nails playing there. My theory would be, that Mad Cool snapped them and have a prerogative on announcing them. They'd also fit in one of the headliner slots on their poster.

10 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Apparently Mad cool is revealing its Line up next wednesday, with the majority of headliners easily identifiable by then, due to some guessing game with their poster (see over at their thread). We'll be able to rule out the majority of artists playing it, especially headliners. 

One day later, Hellfest is gonna announce their line up (also doing 2 weekends). A leak that seems pretty legit has Nine Inch Nails playing there. My theory would be, that Mad Cool snapped them and have a prerogative on announcing them. They'd also fit in one of the headliner slots on their poster.

And looks like they got St Vincent