Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Ah ok sorry, my bad...I guess my eyes are still struggling with the poster design sometimes haha

Don't worry, there were different posters on different places at the same time. I saw the poster with Ride yesterday somewhere, but today in the morning there was only the "old" poster with only Phoenix on their website.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Createur said:

I guess they wanted those prominent two w2 names out before tickets were selling out to avoid moaning on social media.

I wouldn't expect more names soon.

I don’t follow the logic.

w1 was already sold out so it was too late to choose.

I think there will be more names soon for the second weekend.

3 minutes ago, gibble said:

This will be my first Primavera and there is a lot to take in! I'm excited though. 

Are we expecting more names to be added to weekend 1?

consensus seems to be that there will be more names added to either weekend. Noone can say what size though. Strongest Rumours for WE1 are Kings of Convenience who have a tour gap there and Iggy Pop who was supposed to play in 2020, wasn't announce for 2022 but has a France tour in May. Also, someone contacted Daughters and they said they are playing. I would guess they'd be on Thursday WE1. Theyd make an awesome Adidas Stage night with Lingua Ignota, The Armed, Turnstile, and Napalm Death

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

consensus seems to be that there will be more names added to either weekend. Noone can say what size though. Strongest Rumours for WE1 are Kings of Convenience who have a tour gap there and Iggy Pop who was supposed to play in 2020, wasn't announce for 2022 but has a France tour in May. Also, someone contacted Daughters and they said they are playing. I would guess they'd be on Thursday WE1. Theyd make an awesome Adidas Stage night with Lingua Ignota, The Armed, Turnstile, and Napalm Death

Daughters? Yes plz - saw them at ArcTanGent a few years ago and they were phenomenal 

3 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Oh yes, that Adidas stage will surely have a very strong lineup on the first Thursday. But would make more sense to add Daugters to any other day as that first festival day is already a bit too filled with heavier guitar based music/90s indie etc in comparison to the rest of the fest. At least to me it makes sense to keep a good mix throughout the festival rather than making individual days too dominated by a couple of genres. 

2 hours ago, stanh said:

wait whats this supposed to mean? (if anything)😳 i am very doubtful of him being on the lineup, but have a very slight bit of hope for him to be back

There's one user on this forum who insists Bad Bunny will be added, despite most of the users disagreeing. It's been a topic of much debate over the last week or so.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Rips off style/melody of George Michael’s Freedom and then the chorus steals from Primal Scream’s Moving On Up.

And much more dull than either song.

Hahaha I read this comment before hearing the song and now I'd say your description is spot on, I kind of like the feelgood vibe but the songwriting is nothing special... I'm still looking forward to hearing the new record, I guess we'll see.

Well, I'm glad this ensures their survival after a rough couple of years and I'm sure they'll have made a fucktonne of money on this too.

I do hope they spend some time thinking about scaling up the amenities accordingly, given the extra amount of people on site every day: better spacing, more toilets/food/bar space/water stations, etc.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Rips off style/melody of George Michael’s Freedom and then the chorus steals from Primal Scream’s Moving On Up.

And much more dull than either song.

I thought the intro sounded like George Michael’s “Faith” ? 

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Completely right, that’s the one I was actually thinking of!

It’s a complete rip off of it, but I suppose release the ear worm single first to get people hooked,  I hope the album is better.

She was very good in 2018 though!