Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I still think Portishead are not ruled out.  Rumour they were planning on touring and when they announce they are coming back it will be on their terms and we're still a year away from the festival. 

I don't think mbv is a 'big name' in terms of shifting extra tickets as their demographic is too old.

They need at least one more big name for sure to have any chance of selling out. Rosalia or Bad Bunny would be probably most likely to shift tickets locally and 50% of people who attend are Spanish.

Where's this rumour from, I've seen nothing of it? The thing Gabi said was likely rubbish as Geoff Barrow even called it out. Think Portishead are gonna be inactive next year personally, and it pains me to say it. 

Edited by scattered_screens

2 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

It will not be a free concert for non-festival goers. "All concerts will have 15% of the capacity reserved for individual tickets that will be sold aside."

Yup, that's only 300 tickets out of 2,000 total capacity, so plenty of room saved for fest-goers only.

4 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

Where's this rumour from, I've seen nothing of it? The thing Gabi said was likely rubbish as Geoff Barrow even called it out. Think Portishead are gonna be inactive next year personally, and it pains me to say it. 

Rumours were a) Gabi and b) Desert Daze hinting at it.

Desert Daze should announce in the next month or two. Outside chance...

After the shambles that is the Upgrade process, I really hope Primavera are holding back tickets for ALL 2020 ticket holders before releasing more.

Did anyone else on here buy multiple PRE - EARLY BIRD 2020 tickets using your 2019 ticket code via RedTkt & then correctly remember it was individual transactions so when the link was received on the 25th May for the Upgrade option you repeated the application process more than once?

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

There's certainly more in Portishead than in the "bad bunny rumours". Reckon neither will happen though. 

Yeah don’t see either of those happening. If we get another headliner, I think it’ll be one in the same ballpark as Phoenix - not a particularly spectacular booking as a headliner per se, but a festival pleaser who’ll be a decent addition nonetheless. Wouldn’t make sense to add a massive and/or exclusive type headliner after tickets have already sold out. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

There's certainly more in Portishead than in the "bad bunny rumours". Reckon neither will happen though. 

I agree, I just don't rule it out though.

I feel they'll book Rosalia as their big name and Weekend 2 will get an uplift in sales.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah don’t see either of those happening. If we get another headliner, I think it’ll be one in the same ballpark as Phoenix - not a particularly spectacular booking as a headliner per se, but a festival pleaser who’ll be a decent addition nonetheless. Wouldn’t make sense to add a massive and/or exclusive type headliner after tickets have already sold out. 

The big name to be added has to be for Weekend 2 for that reason.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I agree, I just don't rule it out though.

I feel they'll book Rosalia as their big name and Weekend 2 will get an uplift in sales.

Why would they need that, its already almost sold out? There will be some tickets available after people claimed refunds, but not too many and most of them for WE1 .

I still don't see any substance in any of those rumours. Neither NIN, nor Portishead or MBV have any indication whatsoever that they're touring in Europe in June 2022. Bad Bunny at least is in Europe in June 😄

I still feel like people are paying WAY too much attention to that Porto poster. Certainly not ruled out that there will be another big name, but this "oh there is a gap on the poster" thing still doesnt make any sense. We had a band added where there was the least space for a new name on the poster. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

They better get a move on then.

Wow. 
They've played an absolute blinder on the marketing strategy.

Go early and go big.

And get a decent (and slightly dubious) waiting list on Weekend 1 and then play on people's FOMO to get them to panic buy Weekend 2.

"Hola Gio, no está previsto que salgan más, de hecho la lista de espera es enorme, si quieres asistir nuestra recomendación es que compres ahora el fin de semana 2."

Pressure, pressure...

I suspect there are some held back tickets (and more than just the W1 returns) that will mysteriously become available later.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I'm blown away by this. They're having to sell 2.5x the passes they normally shift.

Even if there is a bit of creative accounting going on, I got it completely wrong.

Well, I've barely seen any refund requests on social media. Old customers are holding their tickets.

And when I browse reddit, twitter etc. there seems to be a vast amount of new customers. It's fascinating. 

I would not underestimate how many tickets for WE2 the acts like Bad Gyal, C. Tangana, Cazzu, Giveon, Khea, Tainy and co are shifting probably a good portion of that among locals. Somewhat amazed C. Tangana isn't headlining. (maybe cause he's from Madrid :P)
One of the reasons many here find WE2 weaker might just be how packed it is in terms of Spanish language artists.

Also, while we are debating more headliners, this is the most packed festivals I have seen in a decade and casual-festivalgoers will even be more blown away by this than we are.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 2