Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

37 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

Does anyone know if for the mid week shows you book a ticket for like, the single act, say Alex Cameron, or is it like a ticket to the whole day of Razmatazz 2? I know it's early doors but im still a little confused.

So when they normally do club nights and concerts at Razz it's extremely easy to separate the rooms—they have entrances on either side of the building. Same goes for Apolo and Apolo (2).

I reckon @xxialac is right saying it will be first come first served. But I am very sure it will be different queues for different rooms. Definitely worth asking security when you arrive to confirm which queue you should join. 

Razzmatazz is HUGE and has about 5 rooms and a bunch of long hallways. The last thing they want is a bunch of Clashfinder-holding Primavera fans running around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pipan said:

And the following year, there was another someone who knew someone who knew someone from Primavera and was leaking some names (once in a week or something) like Beck, The National or Massive Attack. He was also right. So yeah, not everyone who is claiming to know something is just a troll. 🙂 So even though I don't really care, I wouldn't be totally shocked for Bad Bunny being there in the end.

Yeah, I mean I was wrong about him being wrong, I Was wrong about two weekends, I could be wrong about Bad Bunny. But that doesn't make it any more likel the Bad Bunny "rumours" are true. 

6 hours ago, davidoffescassi said:

Not about hype, more about facts

Imagine Bad Bunny appearing by surprise in the last weekend during the festival. Imposible? think again, my friend. The Bunny willd be there, I don't know how, but the carrots are delicious right now. 

He's totally not my cup of tea, so hopefully it's someone else!

Edited by Damon
change of heart

I mean, it's pretty obvious. Just look at the Porto line-up, the gap on both Barcelona Fridays, the answer they were giving to anyone asking about him and the fact that he's the number one artist in the world right now and he says when to announce anything. But it's okay for those who don't like it cause nobody is waiting for them to complete the line-up to pick a weekend or something.

With Massive Attack being Barcelona for an extended stay, must be a good chance Young Fathers will join them and possibly do their own show.

Other candidates to be added include Nils Frahm, Anna Calvi, Jonny Marr and  Fatoumata Diawara, given they were all planning on touring last Spring.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

No. It means you have a separate much shorter queue (if a queue at all) when you do decide to turn up.

Barely anyone gets there when doors open. Primavera is a marathon not a sprint.

I have priority W1+W2 but still plan to get there when doors open for Beck/Jehnny Beth and Slowdive/King Gizzard. They're both at Razzmatazz which holds about 2,000 people so I'm hoping that makes it pretty likely I get in easily.

I got shut out of Spiritualized Auditori show as VIP because I didn't get to the Forum early enough so I won't be making that mistake again after traveling across the world for this! 

I've already decided to not bother with the Jamie XX LAUT show as I expect it will be one of the hardest to get in due to the extremely small capacity of 230 people.

Edited by purplecowz

10 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

You had to get special tickets the day before for the Spiritualized show. The queue was huge but we got lucky. 

Yeah, I got to the queue a couple hours too late to secure a ticket, and I don't think having VIP helped once there was a large queue for tickets. 😞

13 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Yeah, I got to the queue a couple hours too late to secure a ticket, and I don't think having VIP helped once there was a large queue for tickets. 😞

Just one of them things isn't it. We weren't VIP but got there early and my friend and I took alternate trips to the big supermarket to get beers and snacks during the wait. 

Not exactly how we wanted to spend an afternoon in Barcelona but was definitely worth it. 

The occasional special shows at the forum during the festival days can be very hard to access, though not clear whether they will do any this year and it got a lot better when they give the hidden stage a proper location with a big capacity a couple years back.

But the club shows are nowhere near as popular. They’re in different parts of town. People are tired from the festival, not as focused as they are on the festival days - or just out eating and drinking.

In general it’s all quite relaxed eg people don’t camp out all day at their favourite stage like they do elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

I think Beck will be easy to get in for that reason. Most of the W1s and W1+W2s will want to rest on the Sunday, and a lot of the W2-only attendees won't have arrived in town yet.

Exactly. You can't underestimate how tired people get and casual festivalgoers will want an easy night.

Plus throw in there are 5 different venues and a lot of local people will have to get up and go to work the next morning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, purplecowz said:

I think Beck will be easy to get in for that reason. Most of the W1s and W1+W2s will want to rest on the Sunday, and a lot of the W2-only attendees won't have arrived in town yet.

Beck is a big name for the general non-primavera crowd as well. Free concert on Sunday will attract a lot of local non-festival goers as well, so it will be crowded

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Beck is a big name for the general non-primavera crowd as well. Free concert on Sunday will attract a lot of local non-festival goers as well, so it will be crowded

It will not be a free concert for non-festival goers. "All concerts will have 15% of the capacity reserved for individual tickets that will be sold aside."

Just a theory but I have been thinking about this extra headliner stuff. While I would have normally said that Barcelona does not need any additional headliners, it certainly seems strange that there is such an obvious gap on the Porto line-up. With Phoenix being announced yesterday and with all the extra fanfare about it being the 20th edition, a double weekender and a return after two years of covid I am increasingly convinced that we are waiting on one more big name to complete the top lines at both sites.

So I am wondering if My Bloody Valentine could be that name. There has been a (relative) flurry of activity recently with their additions to streaming platforms, new Vinyl re-releases, videos uploaded or updated on YouTube and a lot more social presence that there has been for a few years. If they were to announce a tour, it would be big news and they would likely want to announce that themselves so could be a potential reason why they weren't included at the announcement of the original poster. History has taught us never to expect MBV (live or on record) but just feels like a more likely name than others I've seen banded around here and elsewhere (for example, I think Nine Inch Nails or Portishead are way too big to be announced after the initial reveal). Obviously most signs point towards Bad Bunny but does seem really weird for him to not already be on the line-up after being on 2020 and 2021 previously. 

Also, while I would love to see more huge bands I want to reiterate that I already have far too many acts to see and wouldn't be disappointed if there are no more added.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Just a theory but I have been thinking about this extra headliner stuff. While I would have normally said that Barcelona does not need any additional headliners, it certainly seems strange that there is such an obvious gap on the Porto line-up. With Phoenix being announced yesterday and with all the extra fanfare about it being the 20th edition, a double weekender and a return after two years of covid I am increasingly convinced that we are waiting on one more big name to complete the top lines at both sites.

So I am wondering if My Bloody Valentine could be that name. There has been a (relative) flurry of activity recently with their additions to streaming platforms, new Vinyl re-releases, videos uploaded or updated on YouTube and a lot more social presence that there has been for a few years. If they were to announce a tour, it would be big news and they would likely want to announce that themselves so could be a potential reason why they weren't included at the announcement of the original poster. History has taught us never to expect MBV (live or on record) but just feels like a more likely name than others I've seen banded around here and elsewhere (for example, I think Nine Inch Nails or Portishead are way too big to be announced after the initial reveal). Obviously most signs point towards Bad Bunny but does seem really weird for him to not already be on the line-up after being on 2020 and 2021 previously. 

Also, while I would love to see more huge bands I want to reiterate that I already have far too many acts to see and wouldn't be disappointed if there are no more added.

I still think Portishead are not ruled out.  Rumour they were planning on touring and when they announce they are coming back it will be on their terms and we're still a year away from the festival. 

I don't think mbv is a 'big name' in terms of shifting extra tickets as their demographic is too old.

They need at least one more big name for sure to have any chance of selling out. Rosalia or Bad Bunny would be probably most likely to shift tickets locally and 50% of people who attend are Spanish.