Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Fabrizzo said:

It seems like you are the only one with all this hype for Bad Bunny 😂😂😂

Tbf he’d be the biggest headliner of the lot if he were added, which is exactly why I don’t see him being such a late addition.

But then I also didn’t think we’d be getting any more headliners at all so I suppose we shall see. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

But then I also didn’t think we’d be getting any more headliners at all so I suppose we shall see. 

I was thinking the same but then the NOS Primavera lineup was announced with a headliner clearly missing on the last day, I suppose it's someone who will be confirmed later for both Barcelona and Porto. I wouldn't expect any huge names though, but it's hard to predict at this point...

28 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

I was thinking the same but then the NOS Primavera lineup was announced with a headliner clearly missing on the last day, I suppose it's someone who will be confirmed later for both Barcelona and Porto. I wouldn't expect any huge names though, but it's hard to predict at this point...

I still don't see how that is the case... There is no law of nature that says all festival days must have an equal number of headliners each day. Incidentally that was regularly not the case for PS 

Edited by Quadrophobia

11 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Imagine Bad Bunny not on the lineup, would've been announced by now.

PS focusing on getting Weekend 2 sold out first before they release any more names for Weekend 1 but I can see there being a handful more.

I also don't see why they wouldn't just announce him, seeing he already has a gig in Switzerland. I bet he'll be in high demand at US-festivals like Governors Ball, Firefly and Bonnaroo (or however thats spelled), which could've made it impossible to rebook him.

1 hour ago, Fabrizzo said:

Not about hype, more about facts

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Imagine Bad Bunny not on the lineup, would've been announced by now.

PS focusing on getting Weekend 2 sold out first before they release any more names for Weekend 1 but I can see there being a handful more.

Imagine Bad Bunny appearing by surprise in the last weekend during the festival. Imposible? think again, my friend. The Bunny willd be there, I don't know how, but the carrots are delicious right now. 

Edited by davidoffescassi

55 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I still don't see how that is the case... There is no law of nature that says all festival days must have an equal number of headliners each day. Incidentally that was regularly not the case for PS 

I'd usually agree, but in this case I find it a little strange that the last day of the Porto 2022 lineup has only one headliner when the 2021 lineup had two, it just feels like something is missing there... I do think the Barcelona lineup is already stacked, I only have these doubts because of Porto, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'd expect another 'big' name to be added, just not necessarily as big as Bad Bunny (well, I don't really care for him so I hope it's someone else lol). 

2 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

No 🙂 That was the first name i noticed missing, I would love to see him. 

But I‘m also among the minority here favouring weekend 2. I find the undercard more interesting, have no emotional connection to pavement and while i love the national and nick cave - i‘ve seen them so often/will see nick cave two weeks later anyway. On the other hand I can‘t wait to see dua lipa and lorde.

Still went for the whole package, could not miss out on that caribou show. Will be glorious 12 days.

11 minutes ago, Float said:

Interesting to see that article on the primavera website announcing Phoenix refers to them as ''The first of the surprises yet to be revealed..."

Maybe we'll get a new name each week for Weekend 2.

They want to maintain interest in selling a mountain of tickets.

Would be a smart strategy.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Are you being cryptic so you can talk your way out of it when its not happening? 

If it doesn't happen, I'll say I was wrong, not a big deal.

But for now, I have told you that there will be two weekends, and more headliners, and I have not been wrong. Others, on the other hand, said that it was impossible. #FACTS #ALEGRIA #BADBUNNYTOHIDDENSTAGE

7 minutes ago, MatheauWillis said:

I remember a few years ago some guy was saying Arctic Monkeys were going to headline Prima "because his mate is friends with their bassists brother or something" everyone called him a POS for months and then they ended up headlining. Wonder where that guy is now. Thriving I hope.

Yeah, true.

I don't think it's impossible at all that they are holding back Bad Bunny and in fairness to the OP he's been right on the last two big calls.

19 minutes ago, MatheauWillis said:

I remember a few years ago some guy was saying Arctic Monkeys were going to headline Prima "because his mate is friends with their bassists brother or something" everyone called him a POS for months and then they ended up headlining. Wonder where that guy is now. Thriving I hope.

And the following year, there was another someone who knew someone who knew someone from Primavera and was leaking some names (once in a week or something) like Beck, The National or Massive Attack. He was also right. So yeah, not everyone who is claiming to know something is just a troll. 🙂 So even though I don't really care, I wouldn't be totally shocked for Bad Bunny being there in the end.

1 minute ago, scattered_screens said:

Does anyone know if for the mid week shows you book a ticket for like, the single act, say Alex Cameron, or is it like a ticket to the whole day of Razmatazz 2? I know it's early doors but im still a little confused.

Probably something like this:

- no booking tickets, just turn up and walk in or queue if you arrive late

- be prepared not to get in if you turn up late or very popular act/small venue 

- you’re not getting specifically into Razzmatazz 2, you’re getting into Razzmatazz with free access once inside to rooms 1 and 2

- won’t be ‘day’ shows. Will be late shows, possibly starting at 7/8pm and running until small hours 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Probably something like this:

- no booking tickets, just turn up and walk in or queue if you arrive late

- be prepared not to get in if you turn up late or very popular act/small venue 

- you’re not getting specifically into Razzmatazz 2, you’re getting into Razzmatazz with free access once inside to rooms 1 and 2

- won’t be ‘day’ shows. Will be late shows, possibly starting at 7/8pm and running until small hours 

and the priority you get with w1+2 combined tickets is just say like, 1hr before the doors normally open?

2 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

and the priority you get with w1+2 combined tickets is just say like, 1hr before the doors normally open?

No. It means you have a separate much shorter queue (if a queue at all) when you do decide to turn up.

Barely anyone gets there when doors open. Primavera is a marathon not a sprint.

• Upvote 1