Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

5 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Looking at the site map from previous festivals (2019), do they have a massive open arena bit with a stage at either end of it which has most of the main acts. Looks like it was pull and bear / seat stages, and as one act finishes the next one starts 5 mins later on the reverse stage. So all you have to do is turn round and shuffle forward as much as you can? Is that correct. As someone who has done a few muddy Glasto pyramid to park stage sprints this sounds too good to be true ha

That is correct , if you really want to be at front for someone you can watch the other stage on the screens 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

That is correct , if you really want to be at front for someone you can watch the other stage on the screens 

Awesome. Tell me both sides are lined with bars and toilets with hardly any ques ha 

Appreciate there is some great stuff on the smaller scattered stages to. 

Potentially being able to watch a run of something like Beck, National, Strokes , Caribou with barely any stage travel sounds tremendous tho 

10 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Absolutely belting album. Haven’t really listened thoroughly to the ones that came after, but this one is near perfect IMO. Love it 

I’ll be honest, before the lineup came out I had only heard the odd song by them, but with the weather being nice this week I’ve spent time sitting outside and going through some of the acts and their albums - Beach house seem to be the best surpise thus far! 

One of the joys of a festival, digging deep into an artists back catalogue and discovery some absolute gems. 

Is anyone else having issues with the Red Ticket upgrade?  I purchased 2 tickets - but only have ONE link to purchase ONE ticket upgrade for Weekend 1 & 2 - can now see that I originally had 2 purchase IDs for each ticket but this wasn't mentioned on the request form - suggested both tickets were bundled together.  I've emailed Red Ticket to query this.

Bit of a mess.

14 hours ago, livenstu said:

Is anyone else having issues with the Red Ticket upgrade?  I purchased 2 tickets - but only have ONE link to purchase ONE ticket upgrade for Weekend 1 & 2 - can now see that I originally had 2 purchase IDs for each ticket but this wasn't mentioned on the request form - suggested both tickets were bundled together.  I've emailed Red Ticket to query this.

Bit of a mess.

Someone earlier here mentioned I think that the link in the email was actually 2, with a space missing or something?

44 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

Someone earlier here mentioned I think that the link in the email was actually 2, with a space missing or something?

Thanks - I'd seen that mentioned & definitely only the one link - I'll see what they come back with & post here if anyone else is having the same issue.

15 hours ago, livenstu said:

Bit of a mess.

The same happened to me. I really don't remember what were the circumstances (maybe some technical issues?), but it seems, that in the pre-early bird sale in 2019 I bought two tickets in two separate purchases - 2 minutes apart. I've already written to REDTKT, but I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact, that I will have to buy a separate weekend 2 ticket. I can live with those extra 50 euros (I bought the original ticket for 150 or something), but what will really hurt is the loss of the priority access to the city gigs.

Edited by pipan

25 minutes ago, pipan said:

The same happened to me. I really don't remember what were the circumstances (maybe some technical issues?), but it seems, that in the pre-early bird sale in 2019 I bought two tickets in two separate purchases - 2 minutes apart. I've already written to REDTKT, but I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact, that I will have to buy a separate weekend 2 ticket. I can live with those extra 50 euros (I bought the original ticket for 150 or something), but what will really hurt is the loss of the priority access to the city gigs.

So have you then got a separate email for a refund option for the second purchase?  I've had no refund email, only the link to upgrade - I now remember there was only the option to buy individual tickets in early bird 2019 as I queried the 2x booking fees - no mention of this in the email from the 25th May & they would have known people were only able to purchase individual tickets.

(something which I'd clearly forgotten given the process was 2 years ago!)

Edited by livenstu

2 minutes ago, livenstu said:

So have you then got a separate email for a refund option for the second purchase?  I've had no refund email, only the link to upgrade - I now remember there was only the option to buy individual tickets in early bird 2019 as I queried the 2x booking fees - no mention of this in the email from the 25th May & they would have known people were only able to purchase individual tickets.

No, no e-mail regarding the refund yet. And if it was really like this (one ticket = one purchase), then they definitely should have mentioned this in the upgrade e-mail. In my case, to find the e-mail with the 1st ticket I had to open the e-mail with the 2nd ticket and scroll down. So even on Friday when I realised something is wrong with the tickets, it took me quite some time to find out what was the problem. Really counterintuitive mess.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pipan said:

No, no e-mail regarding the refund yet. And if it was really like this (one ticket = one purchase), then they definitely should have mentioned this in the upgrade e-mail. In my case, to find the e-mail with the 1st ticket I had to open the e-mail with the 2nd ticket and scroll down. So even on Friday when I realised something is wrong with the tickets, it took me quite some time to find out what was the problem. Really counterintuitive mess.

it really is - plus the fact that only 1 email was sent on the 25th May - with 1 upgrade link - if 2 x purchases were made then why did we only get the 1 email & 1 upgrade link? 

I see that the upgrade option is open untll 30th June - I'd like to think that this is time for them to sort out 2019 holders before any further tickets are up for grabs!

• Upvote 1

Where do you see the upgrade option is open until 30th June?

This is the original info from PS official website:

On May 25th you will receive a form from the point of sale where you bought the ticket allowing you to choose which weekend you want to attend. If you don't choose a Weekend before 31st May at 23,59h your ticket will be valid for Weekend 1.

Edited by pipan

28 minutes ago, pipan said:

On May 25th you will receive a form from the point of sale where you bought the ticket allowing you to choose which weekend you want to attend. If you don't choose a Weekend before 31st May at 23,59h your ticket will be valid for Weekend 1.

That info on the website was only about choosing the weekend if you already had a ticket, and those who chose the upgrade option before 31st May received another mail this week with the link to actually buy the ticket. 

At least this is what happened to me, I bought my ticket back in 2019, decided to upgrade at the end of May and received a separate mail two days ago to pay for the upgrade, which I had to do before 30th June.

Bit early to be worrying about this I know but I like to know these things... how does wristband collection with the DICE app tickets work? 

I know some people who say they have gone to collect a wristband in advance of the festival opening previously but the DICE app says the QR code only appears 2 hours before the festival starts? Can you just turn up and get a wristband on your way into the site on the day it starts? Or do you have to go elsewhere for a wristband? 

3 hours ago, pipan said:

Sorry, it's the payment until June 30th - but I thought not choosing an option by 31st May meant the refund policy kicked in - so confusing - arghhh!!!

7 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Sorry, it's the payment until June 30th - but I thought not choosing an option by 31st May meant the refund policy kicked in - so confusing - arghhh!!!

I think now (after we "missed" the May 25th deadline) we have only two options - refund or keeping the ticket as Weekend 1 only. Or maybe REDTKT will acknowledge their miscommunication and allow us to upgrade now. But I think this option is more of a wishful thinking than real possibility.

2 minutes ago, pipan said:

I think now (after we "missed" the May 25th deadline) we have only two options - refund or keeping the ticket as Weekend 1 only. Or maybe REDTKT will acknowledge their miscommunication and allow us to upgrade now. But I think this option is more of a wishful thinking than real possibility.

I've basically played dumb on my email & said that I want to upgrade both tickets, but only got the 1 link.  Totally their problem, so going to fight it if they try & push it back on me.  Last year they kept pushing back on refunds & encouraging existing tickets holders to keep hold of theirs, so seems perverse not to prioritise us now.

I'll let you know if I get anything back!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bozz said:

Bit early to be worrying about this I know but I like to know these things... how does wristband collection with the DICE app tickets work? 

I know some people who say they have gone to collect a wristband in advance of the festival opening previously but the DICE app says the QR code only appears 2 hours before the festival starts? Can you just turn up and get a wristband on your way into the site on the day it starts? Or do you have to go elsewhere for a wristband? 

It'll likely appear week of the festival rather than 2 hours before. Wristband collection is open earlier in the week on the festival site, or you can just pick it up the day you go to the festival, but that generally involves some queuing. I always make a point of picking it up whenever I arrive in the city just so I've got it out of the way.

Come to think of it, not having any 'pre-days' for the first time for Weekend 1 has created a major risk of the first Thursday having obscene queues.

Normally this is reduced greatly by people collecting them at the Apolo for a Mon/Tues show or at the Forum on Wednesday.

Sure they'll offer early pickup though so you don't get caught up in this. Take advantage!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

It'll likely appear week of the festival rather than 2 hours before. Wristband collection is open earlier in the week on the festival site, or you can just pick it up the day you go to the festival, but that generally involves some queuing. I always make a point of picking it up whenever I arrive in the city just so I've got it out of the way.

Thank you 🙂

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Come to think of it, not having any 'pre-days' for the first time for Weekend 1 has created a major risk of the first Thursday having obscene queues.

Normally this is reduced greatly by people collecting them at the Apolo for a Mon/Tues show or at the Forum on Wednesday.

Sure they'll offer early pickup though so you don't get caught up in this. Take advantage!

Yeah that could be hella annoying. Many will only fly in Wednesday/Thursday, too. We would normally stay Monday and will now do Wednesday to Monday and I think many will too.

Also just booked an Airbnb at a very reasonable price 🙂 

Edited by Quadrophobia

2 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Early pickup in the past was always on the Monday through Wednesday when PS was actually hosting stuff, so given that Thursday June 2 is the first official PS day in 2022, I really hope that there will be an early option again.

Exactly.

In some ways they don't have to offer early pickup (other festivals don't) but I'm sure they will as they've always made it easy in the past.

not sure if already flagged - but just a note that for any UK people - and especially weekend 1 ticket holders - we have 2 back to back Bank Holidays on 2nd & 3rd June for the Queen's jubilee - so bonus holiday leave too!

Edited by livenstu

Here's something that might help in getting to know the roster. Song Exploder is a podcast which explores individual songs with the artist, often breaking a piece down to the component tracks. It's a really good way to get to grips with an unfamiliar artist.

I've made a Spotify playlist here of all the episodes that deal with Primavera acts. It's collaborative, so if you spot anything I've missed, feel free to add it. 

If you want to sample the podcast, I think the Lorde episode (on Sober) is particularly good.