Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Morning all. 2 friends and I have a ticket for weekend 1. I have been to Barcelona before for a weekend so know the city a little , but first time going to Primavera.

One of friends is round later so we were going to have a few beers , crack on the Spotify PS2022 playlist and start looking at some accommodation options.

appreciate best deals prob gone already due to canny veterans snapping them up. We are pretty much starting from scratch though. Are there any well trodden accommodation guides or tips I could turn to , to narrow the search.

i believe the festival site is a bit out to the east of the tourist city centre.

I reckon we would maybe prefer to stay close to the festival site so it’s a short crawl home each morning, and then we could travel in and out of city centre by day when we feel up to it.

we have all saved a bit of money up during lockdown so happy to throw a bit of cash at some half decent digs. A year in a tent at benicassim in low 30s heat has tought me the value of having a hotel room with some functional air con ha 

im guessing we would prob be looking at 3/4 star hotel near festival site itself. Any tips?

thanks for any help in advance 

would also consider air bnb but I can only stay for a few days so simplicity of hotel for quick check in and out could be better . 

Honestly for a city like Barcelona it doesn't really matter and not worth tearing you hair out about, as long as you're not way out in the outskirts it's fine. It's well connected, with plenty of options. Most people don't stay close to the site as it's often more expensive because of the festival and a little less buzzy that side of the city than elsewhere, but it's up to you.

Look for places within a 10-15 minute walk of a Metro station, with maximum one change to the yellow metro line L4, which runs to Forum. That's about it really.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Honestly for a city like Barcelona it doesn't really matter and not worth tearing you hair out about, as long as you're not way out in the outskirts it's fine. It's well connected, with plenty of options. Most people don't stay close to the site as it's often more expensive because of the festival and a little less buzzy that side of the city than elsewhere, but it's up to you.

Look for places within a 10-15 minute walk of a Metro station, with maximum one change to the yellow metro line L4, which runs to Forum. That's about it really.

we stay around Plaça de Catalunya... Metro to the festival, then shuttle bus back.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Thanks for the helpful advice. I'm also wondering much the same things so this is good to know.

Public transport arrangements for postponed 2020 festival here. They were the same in 2019 and will be v similar next year I'm sure.

(Metro: Thursday night: closed midnight to 5.00AM. Friday night: closed 2.00AM to 5.00AM, Saturday night: does not close. As stated above, shuttle bus fills in the gaps.)

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/how-to-arrive-primavera-sound-barcelona

Thanks all! Great to have this forum to ask questions of the veterans 🙂

Airbnb doesn't seem to be showing anything for June 2022 yet, guessing they will next month. I'm torn between a hotel and self catering as beyond breakfast I can't see us really eating at home much so not sure it will be much of a saving. Anyone done both and have a preference?

Airbnb are known to cancel at very short notice. I know a few people who have arrived in Barcelona to find out their Airbnb has cancelled and they have to have a mad scramble for a new place to stay.

I've always been lucky (for example getting somewhere for £150 for an 8 night stay through a friend) but might go for a hotel this time. 

6 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Airbnb are known to cancel at very short notice. I know a few people who have arrived in Barcelona to find out their Airbnb has cancelled and they have to have a mad scramble for a new place to stay.

I've always been lucky (for example getting somewhere for £150 for an 8 night stay through a friend) but might go for a hotel this time. 

Eep really? That's a bit alarming. 

I've not looked into it loads yet but was actually thinking about just doing an Easyjet package for hotel and flights as there are loads on there.

12 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

It's definitely a minority of bookings but I've heard  of it happening quite a few times now over the years, including to friends of mine.  

I’ve had a Barcelona Airbnb cancelled at the last minute but I found out a couple of days before I arrived. I’ve always booked a backup hotel (that can be cancelled at the last minute) when using Airbnbs in Barcelona so I was covered.

I’ve booked cheap hotels for the past few Primaveras and wouldn’t book an Airbnb there again.

Edited by username666

May not be everyone’s thing, but we’ve managed to get a private room in a hostel with own bathroom and balcony for 4 nights for £350.
Have been and stayed in plenty of hostels in Barcelona over the years and generally find they’re of high standard as long as the reviews are half decent. Cracking location as well within the Gothic Quarter so plenty to do on foot during the day. 
For me personally the accommodation is merely a bed to grab a bit of kip in between the days, however having a private balcony means I can easily have a few beers and a smoke whilst my girlfriend grabs a few extra hours sleep! 

Very much looking forward to experiencing a festival in arguably my favourite European city. 

8 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

May not be everyone’s thing, but we’ve managed to get a private room in a hostel with own bathroom and balcony for 4 nights for £350.
Have been and stayed in plenty of hostels in Barcelona over the years and generally find they’re of high standard as long as the reviews are half decent. Cracking location as well within the Gothic Quarter so plenty to do on foot during the day. 
For me personally the accommodation is merely a bed to grab a bit of kip in between the days, however having a private balcony means I can easily have a few beers and a smoke whilst my girlfriend grabs a few extra hours sleep! 

Very much looking forward to experiencing a festival in arguably my favourite European city. 

That sounds pretty perfect to be honest. Like you I'm not after anything fancy really, as don't intend spending much time there, but a balcony would be great.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That sounds pretty perfect to be honest. Like you I'm not after anything fancy really, as don't intend spending much time there, but a balcony would be great.

Yeah the addition of a balcony was a little bit extra but from experience I know there’s a high chance of me waiting around for my girlfriend to wake up! Nowt better than a balcony to pass the time

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah the addition of a balcony was a little bit extra but from experience I know there’s a high chance of me waiting around for my girlfriend to wake up! Nowt better than a balcony to pass the time

Yeah definitely. I'm more likely to be the one up first so can definitely see the benefit!

52 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Another tip for accommodation is the tram line that runs outside the forum , runs 24 hrs during the festival , I've not checked but there used to be a ticket called a T10 you can use on metro and tram , can be shared between people.

The T-10 has been replaced by the T-Casual (10 trips, 1 user, €11.35) and the T-Familiar (8 trips, up to 4 users, €10). Single ticket is €2.40.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Another tip for accommodation is the tram line that runs outside the forum , runs 24 hrs during the festival , I've not checked but there used to be a ticket called a T10 you can use on metro and tram , can be shared between people.

28 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

The T-10 has been replaced by the T-Casual (10 trips, 1 user, €11.35) and the T-Familiar (8 trips, up to 4 users, €10). Single ticket is €2.40.

Great, thanks! Like the nerd I am in making a note of all this stuff 🙂

5 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Thanks for this response and for all the other chat that followed. I think it stayed in playa Catalunya is where I stayed when I went to Barcelona before from memory. Big square at top of la ramblas ?

think we will prob look for hotel over an Airbnb 

anyone got any go to hotels they use in this area that might still have some availability?

ps - is is a absolute nightmare trying to leave the festival forum site itself at about 4am or whatever time it finishes each day. That was my logic in trying to stay close to site I was hoping to avoid cab scramble / massive bus ques etc 

Edited by internetjef

Looking at the site map from previous festivals (2019), do they have a massive open arena bit with a stage at either end of it which has most of the main acts. Looks like it was pull and bear / seat stages, and as one act finishes the next one starts 5 mins later on the reverse stage. So all you have to do is turn round and shuffle forward as much as you can? Is that correct. As someone who has done a few muddy Glasto pyramid to park stage sprints this sounds too good to be true ha

• Upvote 1