Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've never been to a festival that wasn't on grass before – is that a weird one to get used to? Or does being by the sea make up for it?

It's not too bad as long as you've got a decent pair of trainers. By the end of the weekend you'll be knackered though as it's generally a lot of walking criss-crossing stages, more than it looks on the map certainly, and it certainly feels like you're 'pounding the pavement' once it starts getting late.

There's plenty of places to sit down at certain stages or in the food court etc. if you need to chill.

Edited by jannybruck

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers, appreciate the info! I'm increasingly a stand-further-back-and-have-a-bit-of-room-to-dance person myself, so should be all good.

I've never been to a festival that wasn't on grass before – is that a weird one to get used to? Or does being by the sea make up for it?

I found it weird, harder work than walking on grass and not great to sit down. The maiin stages feel a bit like a gig in a car park. But some of the other stages are lovely and much more comfortable.

Incidentally, this popped up on my fb memories this morning, Made me wish I was staying for longer next year, but I think it'll be in on Thursday morning, out on Sunday

IMG_2773.thumb.jpeg.03410a6dfcf6dc4651306879d31d24a5.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I found it weird, harder work than walking on grass and not great to sit down. The maiin stages feel a bit like a gig in a car park. But some of the other stages are lovely and much more comfortable.

Incidentally, this popped up on my fb memories this morning, Made me wish I was staying for longer next year, but I think it'll be in on Thursday morning, out on Sunday

IMG_2773.thumb.jpeg.03410a6dfcf6dc4651306879d31d24a5.jpeg

Nice!

12 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I just found this in their FAQ section of their website. 

Clearly notes that VIP for either weekend also get priority. 

hmm.PNG

Seems like they will have to merge all those different priority categories into one priority line? 

Or possibly one line for VIP, one for dubbel weekend and then general attendance. 

Keep in mind there are several shows one after the other. Assuming they are not going to empty the place between shows, it seems that if you want priority you still need to come for the early shows- i Dont think they'll leave the place half empty on the early shows to keep room for the priority for the last show

49 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Keep in mind there are several shows one after the other. Assuming they are not going to empty the place between shows, it seems that if you want priority you still need to come for the early shows- i Dont think they'll leave the place half empty on the early shows to keep room for the priority for the last show

mmh the club festival Ive been to actually empty out the place after every band. I guess the showcases will be uninterrupted and some shows will be bundled as main act+support, but it seems harsh to have f.e. either King Gizz or Slowdive fans miss out on their band, because the place is packed with people wating for the other act. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

They didn't empty venues for previous city club gigs, eg. gigs at the Sala Apolo in 2019, so there's little chance they'll do it this time either.

Basically if you want to see an act there, you'd want to be there pretty close to doors opening (and if you've a GA ticket, pray that there aren't many other priority ticket holders there too).

15 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

No problem! To be honest it's as clear as mud. It definitely wasn't specified on their ticket page but it's there in the FAQs clear as day. Unless they decided at some point between publishing their FAQ and the tickets going live that they were backtracking... but pretty suspect to leave that information up if so. Unfortunately I don't know if I'm able to see when that page was last amended. 

15 hours ago, ohseptember said:

Wow. I heard from them directly on FB a few days ago & they said only those going both days would get priority access. Guess they've backtracked. Thank you for sharing!

they indicated positively to someone on twitter that a single VIP weekend ticket holder has priority for all the Ciutat shows.

That Jawbox show is tiny (150 persons).

Screenshot_20210603_140110_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by JIMBO666
edit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

I appreciate the benefits of Pro (special gate to enter the site, priority access to Auditori, access to one of the VIP zones) especially given modest additional cost but don't think VIP is worth it unless you are of short stature or perhaps only want to see the main acts.

Spot on.

Being short, I've always been a front row kind of person. I bought VIP tickets the first year they were available out of curiosity. I didn't think much of the experience & went back to purchasing general tickets the following years.

My feelings changed after noticing the reserved VIP section at the front main stages in 2016 & spending too many hours camping out to see my favorite bands that year. I missed out seeing as much music as usual & for that reason alone, started buying VIP.

If you have zero or minimal interest in the main stage acts, it's not really worth it. Reduced price for VIP the following year does help to retain customers. Even if you end up selling your tickets.