Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

No problem! To be honest it's as clear as mud. It definitely wasn't specified on their ticket page but it's there in the FAQs clear as day. Unless they decided at some point between publishing their FAQ and the tickets going live that they were backtracking... but pretty suspect to leave that information up if so. Unfortunately I don't know if I'm able to see when that page was last amended. 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

No problem! To be honest it's as clear as mud. It definitely wasn't specified on their ticket page but it's there in the FAQs clear as day. Unless they decided at some point between publishing their FAQ and the tickets going live that they were backtracking... but pretty suspect to leave that information up if so. Unfortunately I don't know if I'm able to see when that page was last amended. 

Clear as mud is the best way to describe it. Initial e-mail about keeping/swapping/upgrading didn't mention priority access at all. Website only listed priority for ticket selections to both weekends & this was their response to me a few days ago:

Screenshot_20210602-174650~2.png

22 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm pretty sure they added that info to the FAQ within the past couple days. They've definitely been telling everyone that only double weekenders get priority so they're backtracking now after a bunch of single weekend VIPs with rollover tickets rightfully complained. They should never have taken away that benefit in the first place.

It's all a bit annoying though, as I was considering VIP W2 and GA W1, but ended up buying W1+W2 GA because of the Ciutat priority. Now it doesn't even make a difference and I'll have to also compete in the priority line with single weekend VIPs, it's just irritating when trying to plan this to not have all the info up front.

Edited by purplecowz

Just now, purplecowz said:

I'm pretty sure they added that info to the FAQ within the past couple days. They've definitely been telling everyone that only double weekenders get priority so they're backtracking now after a bunch of single weekend VIPs with rollover tickets rightfully complained.

It's all a bit annoying though, as I was considering VIP W2 and GA W1, but ended up buying W1+W2 GA because of the Ciutat priority. Now it doesn't even make a difference and I'll have to also compete in the priority line with VIPs from both weekends, it's just irritating when trying to plan this to not have all the info up front.

Totally agree. Let's keep an eye on their socials/website over the coming days and see if they clarify anything. 

I opted for VIP WK1 regardless of any priority access, but I'd like to know exactly what that qualifies for! 

2 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

I'm pretty sure they added that info to the FAQ within the past couple days. They've definitely been telling everyone that only double weekenders get priority so they're backtracking now after a bunch of single weekend VIPs with rollover tickets rightfully complained. They should never have taken away that benefit in the first place.

It's all a bit annoying though, as I was considering VIP W2 and GA W1, but ended up buying W1+W2 GA because of the Ciutat priority. Now it doesn't even make a difference and I'll have to also compete in the priority line with single weekend VIPs, it's just irritating when trying to plan this to not have all the info up front.

Couldn't agree more. I've had VIP tickets since June 2019, so I think it's only fair that they keep all the perks in place from when the ticket was originally purchased. We are a year away & while I know anything can happen between now and then, some clarity or at least consistency would be nice. People are excited to start making plans & I hope they announce something on the subject officially.

16 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

They're only for accredited music industry people, aren't they?

I can assure you they dont check this re Pro as a mate once bought one as they were the only tickets left about 3/4 years ago (just like now...) and he just made up an organisation name to put on his lanyard 😂 and went on his way. Far better than 2nd hand ticket market.

18 hours ago, slowdive said:

Send my upgrade mail to DICE a couple of days ago (on monday morning I think), but haven't received an upgrade code yet. Is it the same for anyone else?

I sent them a second email and they got back to me right away

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Honestly, priority is bullshit. People queueing for an hour or so to see their favorite bands and I can just walk past them, bc I have the money to afford either VIP or double weekend. Seems somewhat unfair to me. 

Pretty much agree with you although without some people paying higher prices, the standard ticket price would have to rise. Same thing with aviation. The richer are effectively driving down/subsidising your ticket cost. 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Pretty much agree with you although without some people paying higher prices, the standard ticket price would have to rise. Same thing with aviation. The richer are effectively driving down/subsidising your ticket cost. 

Actually the only thing thats subsidised in aviation is airline profit. Agree on festivals though. I actually don't have a problem with the VIP perks at PDF, bc i understand that some people don't have the festival "privileges" I have, being 1,85 and basically never unable to see the stage. Others Ive spoken to have had experienced anxiety in festival crowds so VIP is often the only option for them to actually enjoy the festivals.  I can still be upfront on the non-VIP site if i want to too, so there is no actual loss for me.
But for bigger acts at clubshows, it will be impossible to enter for standard ticket holders, which is pretty problematic, sinds the huge rise in ticket costs is attributed mainly to the midweek gigs. 

Even though I profit from this, I find it pretty unfair, especially as it was not widely known at the time of sale.

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just out of interest, what does VIP actually get you beyond priority access? Is there a different viewing area or something?

You get a reserved FOS area at both main stages as well as a reserved stand at the site of the mainstage area. allegedly the beer is cheaper there too, but the last years it was still Heineken, so that isn't even a perk honestly

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

But for bigger acts at clubshows, it will be impossible to enter for standard ticket holders, which is pretty problematic, sinds the huge rise in ticket costs is attributed mainly to the midweek gigs.

I also think not being very explicit about these being capped shows, from the outset, was a bit of a bullshit move. I understand they're a huge business and need to make money and sell tickets, but a lot of people that maybe don't dive into social media chatter or read the full small print are going to be planning that week based on seeing those shows – and there's a good chance they'll see barely any of them.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just out of interest, what does VIP actually get you beyond priority access? Is there a different viewing area or something?

Different viewing areas for the main stages, slightly cheaper booze, different toilets, some freebie swag etc.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

I've changed my mind on the midweek gigs. 

I think most people will be too knackered from the main festival - it takes such a toll - and a lot of locals won't want to get there til late, if at all.

So they'll be fine to get into, especially if you get there early and even without priority.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks both. Are the main audience areas generally okay? Or do you really feel that they are getting a better deal by being VIP in that regard?

I never felt I missed out on anything not having VIP. But I'm not a front of stage person anyway. in 2019 they had artificial grass at the main stages so it was nice to sit down there and watch shows from the back. That has been my only grievance in the years before, not being able to sit down, when the "public" stands were too crowded.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks both. Are the main audience areas generally okay? Or do you really feel that they are getting a better deal by being VIP in that regard?

It's probably good if you're the type to want to get closer to the main stage acts but for the majority of people you can get a decent view in the regular bits, and there's massive screens anyway. I've never felt the need to buy VIP really.

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I never felt I missed out on anything not having VIP. But I'm not a front of stage person anyway. in 2019 they had artificial grass at the main stages so it was nice to sit down there and watch shows from the back. That has been my only grievance in the years before, not being able to sit down, when the "public" stands were too crowded.

Cheers, appreciate the info! I'm increasingly a stand-further-back-and-have-a-bit-of-room-to-dance person myself, so should be all good.

I've never been to a festival that wasn't on grass before – is that a weird one to get used to? Or does being by the sea make up for it?

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We did VIP the last time. It really takes the edge off, and makes the festival easier to deal with, especially when you're not exactly a spring chicken.

I appreciate the benefits of Pro (special gate to enter the site, priority access to Auditori, access to one of the VIP zones) especially given modest additional cost but don't think VIP is worth it unless you are of short stature or perhaps only want to see the main acts.

VIP used to be €120 by the way and include unlimited free beer and a free second festival in Madrid later in the year! Certainly was worth it back then!

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

It's probably good if you're the type to want to get closer to the main stage acts but for the majority of people you can get a decent view in the regular bits, and there's massive screens anyway. I've never felt the need to buy VIP really.

Cheers! Getting into the midweek events does seem like the only really decent perk to me, but I think I'm going to treat those as a bonus if possible and look at the days following the festival as a chance to explore a bit of the city more so. I've been before but not since I was like 14!

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers, appreciate the info! I'm increasingly a stand-further-back-and-have-a-bit-of-room-to-dance person myself, so should be all good.

I've never been to a festival that wasn't on grass before – is that a weird one to get used to? Or does being by the sea make up for it?

The best thing about hte concrete is that walking is much easier. You'll feel less exhausted than if you're walking on grass for 12 hours. Sitting down is also not a problem for me, because the concrete is rather smooth. The two best stages are alo great to sit, because they are an amphitheatre (Ray Ban/DICE) or placed before a slight ascent patched with grass (Primavera). They are perfect to sit down.
The main stages used to be a gravel Mordor, but the artificial grass made the area almost as good as any other.

Edited by Quadrophobia