Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Top 3 weekend 1:

Thursday: Yo La Tengo, Sharon Van Etten, Massive Attack

Friday: Shellac, Autechre, Caribou

Saturday: Nick Cave, The Caretaker, Bauhaus (also: Einstürzende Neubaten, Beach House, DIIV, Les Amazones d’Afrique, Squarepusher - this day is stacked).

Top 3 weekend 2:

Thursday: Khruangbin, Sofia Kourtesis, Slowdive

Friday: Massive Attack, The Mary Chain, Connan Mockasin

Saturday: Arooj Aftab, Mogwai, Angel Bat Dawid

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Only one headliner on one of the days. Could this suggest there is still a missing headliner for the main prima that will be playing both that and Porto?

One act billed as headliner per day used to be standard for Porto up to 2019 where the design made them put f.e. Sterolab in the headline. Wouldn't rule it out but I don't see this as a clear indication for another headline act. Also, a Porto headliner would not necessarily be the size of a BCN headliner.

Weird that Tyler isn't playing though. He's on both BCN weekends after all

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Only one headliner on one of the days. Could this suggest there is still a missing headliner for the main prima that will be playing both that and Porto?

@davidoffescassithinks Bad Bunny is playing 99% PS Barcelona. He mentions that in his opinion the last day of weekend 2 lacks a headliner. But that's the same day PS Porto lacks a headliner 100%.

Bad Bunny is missing on both Line-Ups, so it can't be him.

19 minutes ago, Createur said:

@davidoffescassithinks Bad Bunny is playing 99% PS Barcelona. He mentions that in his opinion the last day of weekend 2 lacks a headliner. But that's the same day PS Porto lacks a headliner 100%.

Yeah also the reasoning that there are "only three headliners" some days makes absolutely no sense. Festivals don't work like that. On June 10th f.e. one could've easily put RTJ in the headline, whilst that changes nothing at all regarding the line up and timetable. PS bookers don't go like "shit we need another big act for June 2nd, 3rd and 10th, bc we only have three bands written in the biggest font instead of four".

Also Bad Bunny already has a Europe date announced, why wouldnt they be able to announce him? 

Any of the six days is bigger than any day in 2018 or 2019. There is no need for additional headliners and if they bring out one, because they already have them bagged (which could of course be the case for whatever reason) its not gonna be the biggest star the music world has right now. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

30 minutes ago, Createur said:

To be honest, I don't know what day Bad Bunny will play, I just think 99% is in. He could even be in the first week. Let's see whats happens. 

1 minute ago, davidoffescassi said:

To be honest, I don't know what day Bad Bunny will play, I just think 99% is in. He could even be in the first week. Let's see whats happens. 

But can you give one actual reason why you're so certain? People called bands 99% likely on this thread before and none of that bands is on the line up (or will be). 

3 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Have you actually got some source? Or is this just wild speculation that you for some reason think is 99 percent accurate

4 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

I bet he is going to play Nos Alive. The National too. 

I think The National are playing Rock in Rio Lisbon in June so that explains them not being there. 

I reckon Tyler, the Creator will be at Parklife and Lovebox in the UK which I guess will both be back on the Primavera Porto weekend. Probably too much to play both of those along with both Primavera’s that weekend.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

The National will be at Rock in Rio with FF and Liam. 

Tyler The Creator is not a band for NOS Alive, he is a band for Festival Super Bock Super Rock or Vodafone Paredes de Coura.

Tyler can 100% do NOS Alive. That festival isn't your typical Muse-Kings of Leon-Pearl Jam festival anymore as they're now betting on diversity. If Kendrick can play NOS Alive I don't see why Tyler couldn't.