Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Copped my ticket for week 1 yesterday - my first primavera!!😄

Have they released the ciutat lineups yet? I cannot see them? 

They did put them up but they disappeared the same, perhaps because they have yet to be finalised. Luckily forum member Slowdive made an excel sheet of the contents:

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

With those gecs I feel like there are some good aspects to their music, like catchy melodies and whatnot, but it can be hard to enjoy those when everything else in the song is so damn annoying.

I think maybe we're meant to enjoy it ironically

Yeah that's what I'm guessing? Although a friend of mine told me he'd listened to the album obsessively and I just can't imagine doing that. It's totally the kind of thing I'd check out live out of curiosity, though.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Who's not just good but good live?

I guess this is as good of a time as any to quit lurking, create an account and start contributing. Hi! I'm going both weekends and it will be my second Primavera, after 2018. I've seen quite a few of the acts on the poster, my thoughts, though really none of them were disappointing:

Life-changing potential
The National - (ok they're my favorite band, but I cried at their last performance)
Beach House - it's just that gorgeous, they're so good at creating atmosphere 
Mogwai - I went to this based on their reputation and it was one of my favorite shows ever. So loud, consuming, well-orchestrated, and just professional

Compelling
Squarepusher - holy fuck
Black Midi - shithot band
Jessie Ware - super lovely, incredible voice, and she is extremely charismatic
Lorde - what is there to say? she's amazing
Tame Impala - if you're already into them, otherwise it's more about sound and visuals than stage presence
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds 
Jamie XX - a badass
Courtney Barnett - chill rocker chick with great lyrics and a simple garage rock band that meshes well
Kacey Musgraves - dreamy, voice like butter and charming as hell
Beck - was far more interesting and musically diverse than I expected
Slowdive - also dreamy, you'll love this if you like Beach House & Tame Impala
Idles - not really my genre but they were excellent in 2018
Kehlani

Satisfying
Disclosure - I'm a sucker for them and will be at their set
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - a bit screamy and indulgent but still fun
King Princess
Mavis Staples - though she's really getting up there in age, she's a legend
DIIV

Edited by purplecowz
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

I guess this is as good of a time as any to quit lurking, create an account and start contributing. Hi! I'm going both weekends and it will be my second Primavera, after 2018. I've seen quite a few of the acts on the poster, my thoughts, though really none of them were disappointing:

Life-changing potential
The National - (ok they're my favorite band, but I cried at their last performance)
Beach House - it's just that gorgeous
Mogwai - I went to this based on their reputation and it was one of my favorite shows ever. So loud, consuming, well-orchestrated, and just professional

Compelling
Squarepusher - holy fuck
Black Midi - shit hot band
Jessie Ware - super lovely, her voice is incredible and she is extremely charismatic
Lorde - what is there to say? she's amazing
Tame Impala - if you're already into them, otherwise it's more about sound and visuals than stage presence
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds 
Jamie XX - a badass
Courtney Barnett
Kacey Musgraves - dreamy
Beck - was far more interesting and musically diverse than I expected
Slowdive - also dreamy
Idles - not really my genre but they were excellent in 2018

Satisfying
Disclosure - I'm a sucker for them and will be at their set
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - a bit screamy and indulgent but still fun
King Princess
Mavis Staples - though she's really getting up there in age, she's a legend
DIIV

Out of upvotes sadly!

• Upvote 1

Confirmed Weekend 1, it's also National Holiday here in Italy.
All the 3 days are a bit packed for me, especially friday, there's a lot of concerts I don't want to miss but I try and write my "must go" (but it also depends on which ones can I attend a la Ciutat).

day 1: Black Midi, Massive Attack, Kim Gordon (+ a little moshpit with Turnstile / Napalm)
day 2: Gizzard, Lightning Bolt, Jehnny Beth, Fontaines
day 3: Idles, Gorillaz, DIIV, King Krule

Hope to see all this + some more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've just looked up 100 gecs as seen everyone raving about them and now feel about a million years old. 

If it's any consolation, I'm the same age as the band members and I still find it to be some of the worst noise I've ever had my ears endure. How anyone can appreciate this nonsense is beyond me. 

Mornin', 

I've been out of the efests world for about a year now but seem to have been lurking a lot recently so figured it was time to dive back in. 

Couldn't resist getting a ticket to this, even with Glastonbury a few weeks later, so absolutely buzzing to be a first timer! 

The National, Massive Attack, and Shazza? They're spoiling me! 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Who's not just good but good live?

The best live experience of PS 2017 for me were Metronomy. At PS 2018 it was Beach House (followed by The National). In 2019, Interpol was in top three. So next PS is going to be something like my personal Primavera Sound greatest hits (artists).