Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

More likely candidates for solo sets, perhaps at Hidden Stage.

- Damon Albarn, Adrianne Lenker, Matt Berninger

And conversely perhaps we could see The XX if they announce a new album and tour at a later date.

I would be SO excited for an Adrianne Lenker set, hadn't even thought of that being a possibility!

39 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Review of my previously unheard acts from weekend 1 I’ve discovered from shuffling a playlist the last few days:

Kareem Ali - Sounded okay, need to hear more.

Za! - Fucking good song, hope the rest is good too.

Lingua Ignota - Been interested in checking this act out as I’d seen lots of hype and knew it was some kinda heavy music. What was this? Don’t understand it. Don’t think it’s music. Felt like I was drowning and somebody was booting me in the head. Think I might die if I saw it at Primavera.

Abbath - Yeah not bad.

Amaia - w*nk.

The Armed - Awful. Awful. Apparently their older stuff is better than the new album (which the song I heard was from), but this was bad.

OM - Rubbish.

Tropical Fuck Storm - Seen a lot about them on here. Thought it’d be good. Half way through the song I considered driving into a wall. Crap band.

Lingua Ignota again - Not sure my brain works anymore.

María José Llergo - This was nice. Very nice vibe. Could see myself having a really nice time watching this in the sun with a beer.

C. Tangana - *Insert that video of Roy Keane saying “ah jeez, really?”* So bad.

If anyone likes a bit of indie shoegaze, would recommend DIIV. I saw them a few years ago and v lively live. Dragged my mate along on the spur of the moment who had never heard of them and he really enjoyed it too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha you're a fair bit younger than me I think! I know my limits these days. 

You'll be delighted to hear that things don't generally get going at European festivals until about midnight! I would highly recommend that your accommodation had a balcony or terrace, as that's generally where I tend to spend most of the afternoons!

4 hours ago, davidoffescassi said:

Almost half the headliners are not real headliners. Specially the last day of w2, is pretty weak. 

Any other festival would be happy to have Tame Impala alone as a headliner. And what is a "real headliner" anyway? Primavera may just be the first to give that honor to Jorja and Megan, other festivals could easily follow in their footsteps.

Personal top 3 acts per day:

Thursday W1: Charli XCX, VTSS Live, Kacey Musgraves

Friday W1: Autechre, Evian Christ, The Strokes

Saturday W1: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Beach House, The Caretaker

Thursday W2: BICEP, Slowdive, Perfume

Friday W2: Danny L Harle, Clairo, M.I.A.

Saturday W2: Tame Impala, Mogwai, The Weather Station

Like has been said earlier, compared to 2019 some of this years headliners are massive! I still think that Jorja is a bit of a box ticker in that they needed more female representation at the top of the lineup, but then she may well have album #2 out by then which will undoubtedly be a big success and make her booking completely just (if it wasn’t already), and besides, we had bloody King Princess up there at one point so I think we’re doing pretty well.

33 minutes ago, Homer said:

If anyone likes a bit of indie shoegaze, would recommend DIIV. I saw them a few years ago and v lively live. Dragged my mate along on the spur of the moment who had never heard of them and he really enjoyed it too.

I love DIIV. One of the acts I’m most looking forward to outside of the obvious ones.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

You'll be delighted to hear that things don't generally get going at European festivals until about midnight! I would highly recommend that your accommodation had a balcony or terrace, as that's generally where I tend to spend most of the afternoons!

Yes I am aware of the later timings - to be honest, I'm absolutely fine with that if I can sleep in the next day! Especially when it's hot during the day. Waking up in a bed in an air conditioned room and having a slow start sounds like heaven compared with being woken up at 7am in the blistering heat of a tent so I'll probably be able to stay out later than I do at Glastonbury (which isn't that late these days!).

Absolutely no desire to do two weeks worth though. I wouldn't be able to but I also wouldn't want to, much as I love the sound of weekend 2.

As soon as the line up dropped I was all in for doing both weekends but as the week progressed to ticket day I realised there's no way I could hack that so just opted for weekend 1.

Very tempted to get a day ticket for the Lorde day though as I imagine I'll stick around Barca for the week anyway seeing as it's my favourite city!

4 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

top 3(ish), weekend 1

As I decided to go for it all..

weekend 1:

Do: Kehlani, Kacey Musgraves, DJ Shadow

Fr: Caribou, The National, Brockhampton

Sa: Mavis Staples, Beach House, Idles

would love to make it to Meghan Thee Stallion and Interpol club shows..

weekend 2:

Do: Dua Lipa, Gorillaz, Tyler

Fr: Lorde, Massive Attack, The Strokes

Sa: Mogwai, Tame Impala, Yeah Yeahs

Edited by brosch

So many headliners I have seen many times before. I love Tame Impala, but the last album is a bit boring and they're not the best live act. 

Weekend 1:
Thursday: Pavement, 100 Gecs, Faye Webster
Friday: Caribou, Parquet Courts, Helado Negro
Saturday: King Krule, DIIV, Beach House

Weekend 2:
Thursday: Bicep, Khruangbin, Tyler
Friday: Tops, The Murder Capital, Japanese Breakfast
Saturday: Jessie Ware, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

2 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

I love Tame Impala, but the last album is a bit boring and they're not the best live act

Underrated type of comment.

Finding acts that are good live (however good they are on record) is the difference between a great Primavera and an exceptional one.

Who's not just good but good live?

Lots of bonus points for good live acts from the undercard/smaller names.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've just looked up 100 gecs as seen everyone raving about them and now feel about a million years old. 

With those gecs I feel like there are some good aspects to their music, like catchy melodies and whatnot, but it can be hard to enjoy those when everything else in the song is so damn annoying.

I think maybe we're meant to enjoy it ironically