Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tbh apart from the big ones that will cost a /lot/ of money to see at their own shows, I think im gonna swerve a lot of the british acts. Like what's the point of seeing black midi and Idles at Primavera when I can easily see them here?

Bauhaus and Dua Lipa are two exceptions of course

The point is that black midi is awesome, a must act always. 

Don't forget of Bad Bunny 🐰

Edited by davidoffescassi

Bit spooked by the idea of the second weekend selling quickly so got myself a day ticket for Thurs June 9th to add to my Weekend I ticket. Staying with family in Catalunya in between, will likely attempt the 4AD showcase at La Nau on the 8th for Dry Cleaning. Saw The Twilight Sad at the same venue pre-pandemic, not a bad little venue.

6 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

There’s a few days with “only” 3 headliners, first time, so in the past have they added a 4th to those days?

Not necessarily no. Primavera Sound don't really have a fixed format with regards to number of headliners/how many acts are on each line of the line up poster. 

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tbh apart from the big ones that will cost a /lot/ of money to see at their own shows, I think im gonna swerve a lot of the british acts. Like what's the point of seeing black midi and Idles at Primavera when I can easily see them here?

Bauhaus and Dua Lipa are two exceptions of course

That's a smart strategy, I always try and see the bands that would be difficult to see back home.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah but thats a problem for future ZMG to worry about!

Will be my first one too. I've been wanting to go for a few years now but something has always gotten in the way, so I thought I'd do the full thing next year to make up for all those I've missed out on

Ha you're a fair bit younger than me I think! I know my limits these days. 

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I saw Magnetic Fields at one of the indoor ticketed venues at Primavera in 2017. Was amazing, probably the highlight of the weekend for me, but (bafflingly) not that popular. You'll be fine.

Ah good! This pleases me, especially as it was one of the bands I used to twist the arm of him indoors.

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What's so special about Ray Ban? 

Just an absolutely wonderful stage on which to watch music. Sound is impeccable and views of the sea are lovely. 

As an aside though I think your through process of seeing the acts that are hardest to see in the UK is a sound one and that how I've always approached my visits to Primavera Sound. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

It may be a weaker line up than we're used to but it'll definitely sell out.

It's not about the strength of the weekend really.

It's about the basic viability of having to sell 160,000 passes when on a normal year they often struggle to sell 60,000 passes - in a modest size city and all against a weak economic backdrop.

Just now, xxialac said:

It's about the basic viability of having to sell 160,000 passes when on a normal year they often struggle to sell 60,000 passes - in a modest size city and all against a weak economic backdrop.

You've seen the number of people saying they're attending for the first time, right?

I definitely think weekend 2 is gonna sell out. No idea on what the time frame could be, but I don’t think it’s gonna be too long what with weekend 1 selling out so quickly and the inevitable FOMO kicking in for a lot of people.

Regardless of if weekend 1 is clearly the stronger lineup, weekend 2 is shit hot, especially if you’re not already attending the first weekend and so aren’t already getting the chance to see The Strokes, Tyler, Tame Impala etc who are all big draws. 

Gotta remember this isn’t like a normal year and they’ve increased capacity for good reason. Easily the lineup of next summer (thus far, of course, but it’s gonna be hard to beat), and it being in beautiful Barcelona is sure to help. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, davidoffescassi said:

Almost half the headliners are not real headliners. Specially the last day of w2, is pretty weak. 

People were saying the same thing about the 2019 headliners tbh, I wouldn't get my hopes up, I'm not sure why they would announce more headliners after W1 is already sold out and W2 is selling pretty well. 

There will be some artists added to the lineup for sure, but I think they will mostly be for Primavera/Ray Ban and the smaller stages.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Have they been struggling that much lately to sell out though? From what I can remember it has been sold out every year since 2016?

Weekend 1

Thu: Les Savy Fav, Lingua Ignota, Dinosaur Jr (by far the strongest day for me)

Fri: Iosonouncane, Fontaines DC, Tropical Fuck Storm 

Sat: OM, DIIV, Black Country New Road

Weekend 2

Thu: Slowdive, El Mato a un Policia Motorizado, Interpol

Fri: Jesus and Mary Chain, Triangulo de Amor Bizarro, The Murder Capital

Sat: Mogwai, Oranssi Pazuzu, RBCF

They have sold in about 7 hours around 20k new tickets with prices higher than ever, there are 365 left to the festival with several names to be announced (from bottom lines to headliner). They're obviously going to sell out every single ticket.

Edited by Nesser