Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

GOT MY TICKET! Do you guys have any guess about the actual schedule? Are Gorillaz, Nick Cave and Tyler all gonna play at the same stage one after the other? Or is there a chance Cave will play a different stage and Tyler and Damon will be back to back? 

Just now, Ohad said:

GOT MY TICKET! Do you guys have any guess about the actual schedule? Are Gorillaz, Nick Cave and Tyler all gonna play at the same stage one after the other? Or is there a chance Cave will play a different stage and Tyler and Damon will be back to back? 

They won't clash, as they're on alternating stages.

Just now, xxialac said:

They won't clash, as they're on alternating stages.

That actually wasn't my concern, I was hoping to avoid Cave.

Do you assume Tyler and Gorillaz will play at different stages? There's no "main stage " for all headliners? First time at Primavera, I don't know how it's done there 🙂

3 minutes ago, Ohad said:

That actually wasn't my concern, I was hoping to avoid Cave.

Do you assume Tyler and Gorillaz will play at different stages? There's no "main stage " for all headliners? First time at Primavera, I don't know how it's done there 🙂

There are two main stages facing each other and the headliners play one after the other on alternating stages. If you want to miss Nick Cave you can just go elsewhere when he’s on and then return for the headliners you want to see, assuming he’s gonna be on in between Gorillaz and Tyler as we don’t know the proper running order yet.

• Upvote 1

Succumbed to the fomo, and bought weekend 1 tickets! Will be my first time at Primavera.

Few things on weekend 2 I fancy too, but couldn't really commit to both. Hoping I can manage to catch Slowdive and Interpol at the midweek events.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There are two main stages facing each other and the headliners play one after the other on alternating stages. If you want to miss Nick Cave you can just go elsewhere when he’s on and then return for the headliners you want to see, assuming he’s gonna be on in between Gorillaz and Tyler as we don’t know the proper running order yet.

Oh shit, that's a tricky concept for those who love the front rows

Thanks

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So if you had to pick three must see acts for each day, who would they be?

Thurs: Kacey Musgraves, Sharon von Etten, Black Midi

Fri: Beck, Caribou, Autechre

Sat: Beach House, Tyler, Gorillaz

Extremely hard game. but I'll bite.

W1:

Thurs: Pavement, Rina Sawayama, Massive Attack

Fri: The Strokes, Autechre, The National

Sat: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tyler The Creator, Slowthai

W2:

Thurs: Gorillaz, Big Thief, Charli XCX

Fri: Run The Jewels, Lorde, The Jesus and Mary Chain

Sat: Jessie Ware, Jorja Smith, Tame Impala

Curious about Dua Lipa, Megan Thee Stallion though. And always up for some Interpol. 

I don't know about the 2nd weekend yet, since there are tons of new stuff to be discovered, but this is my top 3 for the 1st weekend:

Thu: Dinosaur Jr. - girl in red - Charli XCX / Carolina Durante (if I manage to see Charli on the 2nd weekend)

Fri: The National - Manel - The Strokes / Caribou (if I manage to see Strokes on the 2nd weekend)

Sat: Beach House - Die Katapult -  Gorillaz / Bauhaus (if I manage to see Gorillaz on the 2nd weekend)

5 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

For the Ciutat gigs, if everyone wants to queue up for Beck, Jamie XX, King Gizzard, Megan etc so I can sneak in to MIKE, Lost Girls, KeiyaA, Hailu Mergia without a problem then that would be much appreciated! 

Huh I'm not sure how citutad is working. You need VIP ticket or luck?

Sure I want to see Jamie XX, can skip Beck if he'll headline another festival I'm attending.

23 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Succumbed to the fomo, and bought weekend 1 tickets! Will be my first time at Primavera.

Few things on weekend 2 I fancy too, but couldn't really commit to both. Hoping I can manage to catch Slowdive and Interpol at the midweek events.

Hooray! Nice to have another newbie on board. The FOMO got me too. 

I'd really like to see Magnetic Fields and Sons of Kemet, but from what people are saying it might be tricky to get to these midweek ones. Will be happy to try out some random stuff too, though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Festcrazy said:

Huh I'm not sure how citutad is working. You need VIP ticket or luck?

Sure I want to see Jamie XX, can skip Beck if he'll headline another festival I'm attending.

You just have to queue up I think; some ticket types (just those with tickets for both weekends I think) have priority access tho

Good luck getting into Jamie's ciutat show; it's a 230 capacity venue.

Bah, if I must... 

W1:

Thu: Kacey Musgraves, Rina Sawayama, Pavement

Fri: Caribou, Brockhampton, Autechre, 

Sat: Jamila Woods, Caroline Polachek, Rapsody

W2

Thu: Dua Lipa, Charli XCX, Khruangbin, 

Fri: MIA, Lorde, Japanese Breakfast

Sat: Sky Ferreira, Jessie Ware, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also absolutely agree about Weekend 2 – I'd love to see Lorde, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dry Cleaning and Daniel Avery among others. Doing both would both kill and bankrupt me, though!

Yeah but thats a problem for future ZMG to worry about!

Will be my first one too. I've been wanting to go for a few years now but something has always gotten in the way, so I thought I'd do the full thing next year to make up for all those I've missed out on

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

You just have to queue up I think; some ticket types (just those with tickets for both weekends I think) have priority access tho

Good luck getting into Jamie's ciutat show; it's a 230 capacity venue.

That small???

Can I subscribe myself+1 person somehow?

anyway, my top 3

W2:

Thu: Dua Lipa, Gorillaz, Slowdive

Fri: Massive Attack, Jesus and Mary Chain,Strokes

Sat: Tame Impala, YYY, Sky Ferreira

Just now, Festcrazy said:

That small???

Can I subscribe myself+1 person somehow?

anyway, my top 3

W2:

Thu: Dua Lipa, Gorillaz, Slowdive

Fri: Massive Attack, Jesus and Mary Chain,Strokes

Sat: Tame Impala, YYY, Sky Ferreira

They are selling 15% of the tickets to the public so if youre really desperate to go then you could try buying one separately. But other than that I don't think you can subscribe yourself, you just have to queue up

1st weekend

Dinosaur Jr, Yo la tengo, Sharon van Etten.

Fontaines D.C , The Strokes,  caribou.

Einsturzende Neubauten, Idles, Black Country New Road.

2nd Weekend.

Squid ,Dry Cleaning , Big Thief.

Courtney Barnett, JAMC , Murder Capital.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Mogwai, Rolling blackouts.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Hooray! Nice to have another newbie on board. The FOMO got me too. 

I'd really like to see Magnetic Fields and Sons of Kemet, but from what people are saying it might be tricky to get to these midweek ones. Will be happy to try out some random stuff too, though. 

I saw Magnetic Fields at one of the indoor ticketed venues at Primavera in 2017. Was amazing, probably the highlight of the weekend for me, but (bafflingly) not that popular. You'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They are selling 15% of the tickets to the public so if youre really desperate to go then you could try buying one separately. But other than that I don't think you can subscribe yourself, you just have to queue up

But if I have to queue up, probably I need to ask for places in advance somewhere?

Got my tickets to Weekend 2, this will be my first Primavera!

Top 3 from each day (this was incredibly difficult):

Jun 9: Dua Lipa, Slowdive, Working Men's Club

Jun 10: Lorde, Massive Attack, M.I.A.

Jun 11: Celeste, Jessie Ware, Daniel Avery Live

Edited by Barney R