Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Excellent stuff! You been before?

Total newbie question: why is the date on the ticket confirmation from the Wednesday? Does it start on Weds or Thurs?

Yeah, we went in 2017 because we didn't think we had Glastonbury tickets and then got lucky in the resale.

I think we went and exchanged tickets for wristbands etc on the Wednesday and you could go in the site but there was nothing on. Maybe. Can't really remember

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, we went in 2017 because we didn't think we had Glastonbury tickets and then got lucky in the resale.

I think we went and exchanged tickets for wristbands etc on the Wednesday and you could go in the site but there was nothing on. Maybe. Can't really remember

Cool that makes sense. We'd be looking to arrive Weds anyway – think I'll start scoping out some accommodation options...

Not sure I could go Glastonbury and Primavera! I think this is me out of the resale, but I'm okay with that I reckon. I'd love to try something new and this line-up is great for me. 

I *ought* to know- having been several years in a row.. but the beer gets in the way 😉 well anyway my mate thinks they maybe have the dates wrong on the confirmation. In past years they would have a free headliner on the Wednesday as a bonus- but presumably not this time. Obviously both weekend tix include the middle week stuff.

I am new to this but I swapped Weekend 1 for Weekend 2 ticks a few days ago. There is no way I can pay for anything right now, but do you think I will be able to upgrade to both weekends sometimes next year, or even end of 2021? Or maybe even upgrade to VIP Weekend 2, or VIP both if I win the lottery or something?

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Excellent stuff! You been before?

Total newbie question: why is the date on the ticket confirmation from the Wednesday? Does it start on Weds or Thurs?

It used to be that there was a few sets on the Wednesday which were open to locals too. 2019 had Big Red Machine and more, 2018 had Spiritualized, Belle and Sebastian and a few others. Doesn't seem that will be the case in 2022 which is a shame as its a great way to start the weekend.

Thing is they've never had two weekends before.. so hard to say. I would think probably not, given that weekend 1 is nearly gone already. There is a waiting list system on the booking page though I think.

3 minutes ago, poeXCX said:

I am new to this but I swapped Weekend 1 for Weekend 2 ticks a few days ago. There is no way I can pay for anything right now, but do you think I will be able to upgrade to both weekends sometimes next year, or even end of 2021? Or maybe even upgrade to VIP Weekend 2, or VIP both if I win the lottery or something?

Through the official channels, I'd expect:

• Upgrade to both weekends from Weekend 2 - No
  • Upgrade to both weekends from Weekend 1 - Yes
  • Upgrade to VIP Weekend 2 - Yes 
  • Upgrade to VIP Weekend 1 - No

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

I *ought* to know- having been several years in a row.. but the beer gets in the way 😉 well anyway my mate thinks they maybe have the dates wrong on the confirmation. In past years they would have a free headliner on the Wednesday as a bonus- but presumably not this time. Obviously both weekend tix include the middle week stuff.

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

It used to be that there was a few sets on the Wednesday which were open to locals too. 2019 had Big Red Machine and more, 2018 had Spiritualized, Belle and Sebastian and a few others. Doesn't seem that will be the case in 2022 which is a shame as its a great way to start the weekend.

Cheers for the responses!

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I think they'll put on a single gig that will be hard to get into on the Wednesday night or the Thursday afternoon as a way of opening the festivities.

Like the LCD Soundsystem show BARTS in 2016? That was very special. The fact they were booked for Primavera Sound as their first European festival back from their hiatus was special enough,but seeing them in a 1,000 capacity venue just before the festival was even more special.

• Upvote 1

Just now, scattered_screens said:

Out of the loop but ive bought my ticket with redticket in 2019 and wanted to upgrade to two weekends, I filled in the form last week and I still haven't heard anything? Is that right? 

You should have got an automated email response at the time.

In July you will then hear something.

1 minute ago, scattered_screens said:

Out of the loop but ive bought my ticket with redticket in 2019 and wanted to upgrade to two weekends, I filled in the form last week and I still haven't heard anything? Is that right? 

Yes. They said they'd get back to us in July. Emphasized that on social media a couple of times, bc many where thinking the same

Edited by Quadrophobia

35 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cool that makes sense. We'd be looking to arrive Weds anyway – think I'll start scoping out some accommodation options...

Not sure I could go Glastonbury and Primavera! I think this is me out of the resale, but I'm okay with that I reckon. I'd love to try something new and this line-up is great for me. 

It is much much easier than Glastonbury, proper beds, showers etc etc. The biggest difference for me was that there was very little happening during the day. On the plus side, you can do touristy things all day and head down to the site in the evening, but I'm not very good at that and found myself at a loose end during the days, tbh. You don't come back from this like you do from Glastonbury, needing a good few days to reintegrate into society, it's so much more civilised.

I'm still hoping to get G tickets for next year, and also have half an eye on the Madcool lineup. Potentially would like to do all 3 next year.

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think they'll put on a single gig that will be hard to get into on the Wednesday night or the Thursday afternoon as a way of opening the festivities.

Be very surprised if they didn't, the free Wednesday night was a good way to give something back to the locals.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is a sunday return flight viable, or too risky? I'm doing both weekends so wondering if I should stay an extra night...

Depends how tired you get/your capacity for pain! If it were me, I could just about survive it but I'd feel like death warmed up going to the airport and on the plane.

If you have the extra money, I'd fly on Monday and have a very quiet Sunday to recover.

Hi guys, a friend of mine thought he'd been refunded for his 2020 ticket but has just received an email saying he's been automatically assigned a Weekend 1 ticket for next year's festival. The only problem is the rest of the group will be going to Weekend 2 - is there any way for him to officially swap his W1 ticket for W2 at this stage or has the deadline passed? Thanks