Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Good news, would rather attend 1st weekend cuz of better lineup, but accompained with people who prefer 2nd one more.

Hope that some artists from the 1st weekend will add up the 2nd weekend as well like DIIV, Beach House, IDLES, Tim Burgess.

Still such a pitty for Pavement.

Extremely unlikely that DIIV, Beach House, IDLES, Tim Burgess or Pavement will play second weekend and pretty much nil that they will play both.

That said, can imagine with more than a year to go there will be a lot of changes to the poster and definitely more bands pulling out than usual.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Extremely unlikely that DIIV, Beach House, IDLES, Tim Burgess or Pavement will play second weekend and pretty much nil that they will play both.

That said, can imagine with more than a year to go there will be a lot of changes to the poster and definitely more bands pulling out than usual.

That second point is something I've been thinking too. So much planning chaos the last couple of years that eventually some acts will stumble over them. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I also suspect this will be the case. Most of the overseas undercard acts probably agreed to this so far in advance in the hopes that they can structure a few festivals/shows around it, but if they can't make it work financially or logistically then I think we'll see a lot of dropouts.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I also suspect this will be the case. Most of the overseas undercard acts probably agreed to this so far in advance in the hopes that they can structure a few festivals/shows around it, but if they can't make it work financially or logistically then I think we'll see a lot of dropouts.

Too bad, but hope that headliners will remain the same at least.

It's pretty hard to plan one year in advance everything.

45 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Too bad, but hope that headliners will remain the same at least.

It's pretty hard to plan one year in advance everything.

This is basically the point I was making a few days back about being unable to genuinely commit to a festival that's still a year away. It's not so much about us making flight and hotel bookings, but acts who need to schedule Primavera among other gigs and festivals that are still totally up in the air right now.

I expect some churn in the lineup, certainly in the undercard, but also in the headliners.

7 minutes ago, daveje said:

This is basically the point I was making a few days back about being unable to genuinely commit to a festival that's still a year away. It's not so much about us making flight and hotel bookings, but acts who need to schedule Primavera among other gigs and festivals that are still totally up in the air right now.

I expect some churn in the lineup, certainly in the undercard, but also in the headliners.

Wouldn't expect it in the headline so much, headliners are typically booked 1,5 to 2,5 years in advance in many cases. I know that some summer festivals tried to book Billie Eilish back in 2018 for 2020 but she was already fully booked for the dates f.e.

3 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

I didn't expect they would open the upgrade process until tomorrow but just got the mail from DICE and processed my upgrade to include both weekends. This was easier than it seemed in the beginning with the first mail. 

ditto...much smoother than expected after that mail mess. Good to see they have recovered.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

personally I've settled for weekend 1, I find the prospect of 9 or 10 days of concerts too exhausting, but weekend 2 is pretty solid too. 

Yeah, I started out thinking both but quickly came to the same conclusion! Plan t be sat on a beach by the time second weekend comes around.

1 hour ago, Ichacu said:

does anyone know how much the first instalment will be for weekends 1 and 2 (GA) tomorrow? Cant find any answers

No, you won't find out until they go on sale. It was previously in three month installments, but hasn't been announced if it's the same this year.

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

personally I've settled for weekend 1, I find the prospect of 9 or 10 days of concerts too exhausting, but weekend 2 is pretty solid too. 

I also have a nagging doubt that it's going to be earth shatteringly tiring.

I think the only way I'll cope is to go very easy on the inbetween days and have a day or two off.

Two weekends team, obviously. Wanted to skip the first Thursday in order to reduce the days off I need but too soon to decide. Same with the in-between days. I guess once they clarify how the club shows will run it'll be easier to decide.

Btw Caroline Polachek has been spending several days ¿recording? with Danny L Harle in Barcelona. Last night he made an appearence at a small venue to dj and she went along with him so she's very likely to do the same on the PC Music showcase. And the idea of him closing the fucking Ray-Ban stage in front of ¿10k? people still seems bonkers to me.

28 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Two weekends team, obviously. Wanted to skip the first Thursday in order to reduce the days off I need but too soon to decide. Same with the in-between days. I guess once they clarify how the club shows will run it'll be easier to decide.

Btw Caroline Polachek has been spending several days ¿recording? with Danny L Harle in Barcelona. Last night he made an appearence at a small venue to dj and she went along with him so she's very likely to do the same on the PC Music showcase. And the idea of him closing the fucking Ray-Ban stage in front of ¿10k? people still seems bonkers to me.

danny isn't part of pc music anymore, but good chance caroline shows up for the pc showcase anyway + danny's rayban closer 

4 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Right, so a last minute decision but we're going to try for Weekend 1 tickets tomorrow. Is there anything I should know/prepare (aside from being set up on Dice)?

Check for payment options i advance if you can. I don't expect it, but I've been caught off guard in other sales, where only credit cards were accepted. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Check for payment options i advance if you can. I don't expect it, but I've been caught off guard in other sales, where only credit cards were accepted. 

Where should I check? 

And I need to register myself first or I can buy a ticket without registration?

12 hours ago, daveje said:

I read an interview somewhere with people behind the Best Kept Secret festival in The Netherlands, saying that Primavera is the driver for a huge amount of touring acts in June, as PS is known to pay them very well. So I expect it'll be easy enough to book European dates around PS, as was always done in the past.

7 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I read an interview somewhere with people behind the Best Kept Secret festival in The Netherlands, saying that Primavera is the driver for a huge amount of touring acts in June, as PS is known to pay them very well. So I expect it'll be easy enough to book European dates around PS, as was always done in the past.

Hope so. Certainly it helps out BKS, since it's normally only a few weeks later. My only point is just that it's still a whole year away. Crazy situation.