Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

42 minutes ago, MassiveGypsum said:

Hi there - jumping in the middle of the thread here but I’m seriously thinking of getting a 1st weekend ticket and would appreciate it if anyone has a rough quote for how much the average Primavera weekend costs, factoring in travel/accommodation/food? To clarify I’ll be travelling from Heathrow Airport.

Cheers

Bit of an open ended question, so many factors. Hostel/hotel? How long stay? Restaurants/self-cooking/street food etc etc etc, I'm staying for the full thing and 14 nights and for 2 of us I'd expect the lot to cost in excess of £5000 to be perfectly honest, that's with hotel, travel, tickets, food, alcohol. Probably more actually.

11 minutes ago, Damon said:

Bit of an open ended question, so many factors. Hostel/hotel? How long stay? Restaurants/self-cooking/street food etc etc etc, I'm staying for the full thing and 14 nights and for 2 of us I'd expect the lot to cost in excess of £5000 to be perfectly honest, that's with hotel, travel, tickets, food, alcohol. Probably more actually.

Gotcha. I’m thinking Airbnb’s for accommodation, staying between 1st - 5th June, but food will be a combination of what you’ve mentioned I imagine so it may be hard to keep a track of.

1 hour ago, MassiveGypsum said:

Hi there - jumping in the middle of the thread here but I’m seriously thinking of getting a 1st weekend ticket and would appreciate it if anyone has a rough quote for how much the average Primavera weekend costs, factoring in travel/accommodation/food? To clarify I’ll be travelling from Heathrow Airport.

Cheers

I'll answer it a different way using London as a reference point.

- Hotels/Airbnbs: - similar prices to London if near the Forum but can be a lot less if staying further out

- Food: - supermarkets and eating out similar to London, food inside the festival similar to UK festivals i.e. not cheap...however you can take your own food in and cut this cost a lot.

- Drink: - bar drinks cheaper than London, drinks in the festival similar to UK festivals (pricy), adds up a lot if you are the site for 12 hours.

- Travel: - cheaper than London e.g. metro much cheaper, taxis cheaper

All in all I'd say it will cost about the same as if you were staying in London hotels and going to a London festival like All Points East by day.

Edited by xxialac

1 hour ago, MassiveGypsum said:

Cheers

Back of a fag packet figures for a long weekend there:

£215 ticket + £250 flights + £200 food/drink + £400 Airbnb + £100 cabs/city travel/general touristy things to do during the day

Edited by jannybruck

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Back of a fag packet figures for a long weekend there:

£215 ticket + £250 flights + £200 food/drink + £400 Airbnb + £100 cabs/city travel/general touristy things to do during the day

I'd agree with that other than (for me at least) £40/day wouldn't be anywhere enough for food and alcohol. If you not into booze then it's possible otherwise double this at least. Especially if you're eating out or in the Forum. Alcohol and food is where you can easily spend much more than you planned to.

Just now, xxialac said:

I'd agree with that other than (for me at least) £40/day wouldn't be anywhere enough for food and alcohol. If you not into booze then it's possible otherwise double this at least. Especially if you're eating out or in the Forum. Alcohol and food is where you can easily spend much more than you planned to.

Yeah, maybe a bit too conservative on that but it's the only cost you can keep an eye on on depending on how much you've spent on the other 'fixed price' things like flights and accom. I know people who've barely spent anything on site and then some days I've found myself coming away wondering who drained my bank account. £200 would be the absolute bare minimum, probably.

Just now, Lunabella said:

Is the 1st weekend likely to sell out quickly or can I hold off from buying it for the moment?

It'll sell out quicker than the second purely because of the rolled over tickets but, honestly, there's so many resale tickets every year that even 'sold out' years aren't difficult to get into, whenever you decide you're going. It's nothing like securing a ticket to Glastonbury for example.

2 hours ago, MassiveGypsum said:

Thanks very much, this has been a most eye opening morning. Time to start saving that moolah.

If you looking for accommodation. Keep in mind the tram line outside the forum runs 24hrs when the festival is on ( has been assuming it still will) so that widens your search area for accommodation. 

I’ve managed to get 8 nights in an airbnb for two of us about 40 mins on the metro away for £165 each. Doing one weekend but bought the ticket last summer so it was £150. Yet to book flights but by the looks of it could be anywhere between £100-£250. Factor in about £400-£500 odd that’ll probably be spent while i’m there on transport, food and drink and it’s still working out a cheaper week than i thought it might so far. Was fearing a lot more 

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:03 AM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Mh, I don't want to look too much into this statistic, though.

Everytime a situation like this one occours to a festival, everybody goes Rambo with the wildest speculations (i.e. "what if they add a new headliner, there are 3-3-4 in the firse w/e, gotta be 2 more heads") and then we end up with some middle-tier names at best and a handful of nobodies - which is reasonable tbh.

There will be no more headliner for sure, they would have pointed that out otherwise - also it is not PS modus operandi to tease an headliner, the whole ticket comes out together for a reason. 

We will have more headliners, for sure. Bad Bunny will be one, Rosalia would be the other. 

4 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

We will have more headliners, for sure. Bad Bunny will be one, Rosalia would be the other. 

Completely agree. There will be more headliners which will help the undecided buy tickets for Weekend 2. Rosalia will give sales a push.

Bad Bunny 99% in. 

Let's be honest, many of the artists who go big in the line-up are not "strong" headliners. I love The National or Pavement, but they are not Nick Cave, Gorillaz, Dua Lipa or The Strokes. Same for Jorja Smith, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, or even Megan Thee Stallion. 

Won't be a surprise to me if we could see The xx (Romy and Jamie will be there), Portishead, MBV, or something like that in the future. Even Arcade Fire. 

This year they have raised the price of tickets a lot, and they are going to expand the capacity to 20k more. Bigger names can (and should) be allowed, specially for the last day of w2, the weaker day by far.

Edited by davidoffescassi

10 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Bad Bunny 99% in. 

Let's be honest, many of the artists who go big in the line-up are not "strong" headliners. I love The National or Pavement, but they are not Nick Cave, Gorillaz, Dua Lipa or The Strokes. Same for Jorja Smith, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, or even Megan Thee Stallion. 

Won't be a surprise to me if we could see The xx (Romy and Jamie will be there), Portishead, MBV, or something like that in the future. Even Arcade Fire. 

This year they have raised the price of tickets a lot, and they are going to expand the capacity to 20k more. Bigger names can (and should) be allowed, specially for the last day of w2, the weaker day by far.

Where have you seen that?  Isn't Bad Bunny too big now tho? seems like more of a Mad Cool act really

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Not exactly evidence that he's 99% certain to be announced though is it.

I'd be very very surprised if we get any more headliners. 

Yeah, I agree. Not sure where these expectations come from. We'll get more names, I doubt it will be more headliners, and definitely not the likes of Portishead or Arcade Fire

56 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Not exactly evidence that he's 99% certain to be announced though is it.

I'd be very very surprised if we get any more headliners. 

Some people said something similar when I said two weekends with two different line-ups.

Just wait and see my friends. 

Bad Bunny 99%

Rosalia 85%

Edited by davidoffescassi

On 5/28/2021 at 12:08 PM, xxialac said:

It was the case in previous years. I'd expect in the end they'll give VIP people priority too.

I contacted Primavera about this today & they confirmed that is no longer the case. "Weekend 1 + Weekend 2 tickets, basic and VIP, have priority access to Primavera a La Ciutat. VIP tickets for one weekend have priority access at Parc del Fòrum."

As someone who already selected not to upgrade to include the second weekend & has has had VIP tickets since June 2019 I'm very annoyed.

Really don’t see Bad Bunny or Rosalia being added at this point. Why would they not be revealed initially to drive ticket prices straight off the bat?

Would love to be proven wrong but agree that we’re not getting any more headliners. Some more big-ish acts for sure, but the top tiers just seem so insanely packed already that I can’t see anything else being added.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Really don’t see Bad Bunny or Rosalia being added at this point. Why would they not be revealed initially to drive ticket prices straight off the bat?

Would love to be proven wrong but agree that we’re not getting any more headliners. Some more big-ish acts for sure, but the top tiers just seem so insanely packed already that I can’t see anything else being added.

If they are to add any other headliners it'll surely be before tickets go on sale. Imagine committing to one weekend and then a few days later the festival goes and announces your favourite band for the other one! Id be livid.