Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

55 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Are there any orchestral type shows expected anywhere within the lineup?

A bit sad to have lost Arthur Verocai and stuff like Jane Birkin has been a highlight for me in the past.

I'd love to see Jeff Mills with orchestra, though it's not stated anywhere. Can still dream

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I think we'll have seen the last of special/orchestral shows unfortunately. I'm sure some festivals will be taking up that mantle, but for a festival as large as Primavera now the effort vs cost vs reward ratio just doesn't work for them.

I dunno. 

Putting on as many as 150 A La Ciutat shows doesn't have a good effort/cost/reward ratio and yet they've gone for that.

Plus they said there would be whole host of surprises in 2020 and they've always loved trying different things.

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I dunno. 

Putting on as many as 150 A La Ciutat shows doesn't have a good effort/cost/reward ratio and yet they've gone for that.

Plus they said there would be whole host of surprises in 2020 and they've always loved trying different things.

I'd also say whilst the direct cost-benefit ratio of an orchestral arrangement might not be good, it adds to PS image of being unique and avantgarde, which is one of the most important factors nowadays. After all, festivals sell a feeling, and being able to distinguish oneself from others is a part of that feeling for many. I think we'll see more such arrangements return in 2023 and possibly a few smaller projects for next year. I can imagine the two-weekend billing is easier done with bands. After all the weekends are supposed to be roughly equal, so the programming will at least be somewhat the same in terms of slots. And you might just not fit that orchestral arrangement into that 50 minute slot you have available

Edited by Quadrophobia

Does a VIP ticket for the first weekend include any advantages for the city concerts? Something like early entrance or even a certain amount of tickets reserved for vips for each club maybe? I'm not a fan of VIP festival tickets in general but if it means i can see slowdive and interpol in a nice venue without having to show up hours before i might consider 😁

4 minutes ago, diekatze said:

Does a VIP ticket for the first weekend include any advantages for the city concerts? Something like early entrance or even a certain amount of tickets reserved for vips for each club maybe? I'm not a fan of VIP festival tickets in general but if it means i can see slowdive and interpol in a nice venue without having to show up hours before i might consider 😁

Honestly, it would be cheaper to just by one of the tickets on public sale for those two shows, instead of paying the VIP upgrade

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

what’s the ‘cup contest’ PS mentioned in a tweet this evening? Have I missed something or is it lost in translation?

Can you share the tweet? Cant find anything. 

I assume they refer to the beer cups from 2019 (they used 20 different reusable cups for beer in that year, that if you collected all 20 you got a free ticket for 2020). Was quite nice, I still have those cups

12 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Can you share the tweet? Cant find anything. 

I assume they refer to the beer cups from 2019 (they used 20 different reusable cups for beer in that year, that if you collected all 20 you got a free ticket for 2020). Was quite nice, I still have those cups

Yeah same here , think ended up with 17 different ones.

Hi there - jumping in the middle of the thread here but I’m seriously thinking of getting a 1st weekend ticket and would appreciate it if anyone has a rough quote for how much the average Primavera weekend costs, factoring in travel/accommodation/food? To clarify I’ll be travelling from Heathrow Airport.

Cheers

Edited by MassiveGypsum