Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

11 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Cheers all - plenty to investigate there 👍

Final question: for the 'A la Cuitat' gigs, it says the likes of Beck, Disclosure, Interpol etc (all the ones in blue) are playing the Forum...is that the Parc Del Forum? So it will be like the traditional Wednesday with a few bands on the same big stage?

No the blue just means they are playing at the festival so need festival ticket , the ones in orange ,only playing " A la Cuitat"

3 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

This excellent track from another first day band.

These guys gave one of my favourite shows in 2019 when they performed in the Hidden stage with Amaia. Some really enthusiastic singalong from the crowd. 

Plenty of good Spanish indie bands in the lineup like Primavera veterans Triangulo de Amor Bizarro, Carolina Durante, Nueva Vulcano and Apartamentos Acapulco. It is a nice part of the experience to discover more of the domestic Spanish music scene (or Argentine as in the case of El Mato a un Policia Motorizado). 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

These guys gave one of my favourite shows in 2019 when they performed in the Hidden stage with Amaia. Some really enthusiastic singalong from the crowd. 

Plenty of good Spanish indie bands in the lineup like Primavera veterans Triangulo de Amor Bizarro, Carolina Durante, Nueva Vulcano and Apartamentos Acapulco. It is a nice part of the experience to discover more of the domestic Spanish music scene (or Argentine as in the case of El Mato a un Policia Motorizado). 

Me and friends watched them one year , we went back to primavera the next year, so we were standing waiting on Radiohead , so we randomly sang neuvos discos ,neuvos drugas, and this guy turned around smiling at us . Turns out he was a member of the band.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bryano1000 said:

Any recommendations/hidden gems for Day 1 of Weekend 1? Bit underwhelmed on first look. The other two days are stacked for me personally.

Big Freedia, Shygirl, Faye Webster and Rina Sawayama on the tiny names, DJ Shadow, Honey Dijon, Kehlani and Charli on the bigger ones 

9 hours ago, bryano1000 said:

Any recommendations/hidden gems for Day 1 of Weekend 1? Bit underwhelmed on first look. The other two days are stacked for me personally.

Depends what music you're into.

Dinosaur Jr & Pavement if you like your 90s alternative rock.

DJ Shadow & Massive Attack if you want a bit more of a trip-hop edge

Indie you got the likes of Tame Impala, Girl in Red, Beabadoobee, Cigarettes After Sex, Yo La Tengo, Pond, Kacey Musgraves, Sharon Van Etten

Alt Pop/R&B you have Rina Sawayama, Kehlani, Shygirl & Hannah Diamond

Turnstile for hardcore punk & Napalm Death for death metal

Black Midi, Kim Gordon, Lingua Ignota, 100 GECS if you're into something a bit more avant-garde

Apogies for the over generalisation to some of these categories!

12 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I heard they gave out tickets for the midweek gigs - i.e you turn up at midday and bag a ticket then come back later in the evening for the gig. 

Can anyone confirm that? 

This sounds like the Hidden stage at the Forum. Not sure if they would do it at the venues - one would need to go to the venue twice a day, not practical.

Everyone shout note Dice seem to have sent a new email around in the middle of the night asking you to actively pick a weekend - as opposed to just defaulting to weekend 1 like they said in the last weekend. 

There’s also a bit more about upgrades, so maybe they’ve fixed the issues people were previously having. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:04 PM, Ben_Monk said:

Ha, I'm just exceedingly hopeful... I'll see what switches work

Few more observations: Beach House, Carolina Durante and Mujeres are not present on the latest version of Clashfinder. Also Jensen McRae is there twice on June 9 and Squid is playing on June 11 not on June 9. Thanks for the updated version in advance. 🙂

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Someone has helpfully done a comparison job

2019:

65/67/70 acts
And in big font 25/27/27

This year:

55/55/54 acts
And in big font 21/21/19

Lots of new names still to come...

Damn, that's actually a lot more than I expected. Could be a little fewer for 2022 because of the days in the middle, tho.

16 hours ago, unodosseb said:

Anyone who ordered their ticket from Festicket last year had their booking updated yet? It still comes up as the 2021 festival for me

I logged into my account and it says 'pending' on my primavera booking. Mine still comes up as 2020... Ive emailed them at the start of the week but had no response.

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

2019:

65/67/70 acts
And in big font 25/27/27

This year:

55/55/54 acts
And in big font 21/21/19

I would expect a few less middle bracket names than 2019 which had a somewhat more experimental headline while emphasizing the middle bracket. Also, in the final line up, some names that are in small print now could well slide up one bracket (f.e. Danny L Harle, RBCF, Black Country, New Road or The Caretaker). I think we'll have some cool additions with maybe one or two bigger names for the thinner days, but overall I'd say this Line up is 90% of the final size

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

2019:

65/67/70 acts
And in big font 25/27/27

This year:

55/55/54 acts
And in big font 21/21/19

Mh, I don't want to look too much into this statistic, though.

Everytime a situation like this one occours to a festival, everybody goes Rambo with the wildest speculations (i.e. "what if they add a new headliner, there are 3-3-4 in the firse w/e, gotta be 2 more heads") and then we end up with some middle-tier names at best and a handful of nobodies - which is reasonable tbh.

There will be no more headliner for sure, they would have pointed that out otherwise - also it is not PS modus operandi to tease an headliner, the whole ticket comes out together for a reason. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Are there any orchestral type shows expected anywhere within the lineup?

A bit sad to have lost Arthur Verocai and stuff like Jane Birkin has been a highlight for me in the past.

Orchestral arrangements are very hard to tour even under normal conditions. What you have to consider: Many orchestras employ musicians with different nationalities and under Covid that can become a problem. Whilst Europe might be safe in 2022 due to vaccines, the majoritiy of the world will still be at risk and EU-travel restrictions might still apply at any point for non-Western countries. So if you don't have an EU passport, you might be banned from travelling in the EU if you're based in the UK, USA or elsewhere (Brazil in Arthur Verocais case). Also, UK based projects face absurd regulations, bc the UK failed to negotiate a proper agreement in this regard. Musicians might be obliged to account for all their equipment in terms of customs. That means, if you break a piece of equipment and replace it, you'll have to pay customs upon reentering on that piece. Also Insurance might not cover your instruments in the EU anymore. All this stuff is hard enough on bands, but they are typically just 3 or 4 people and a label that sorts stuff out. An orchestra on the other hand is waaay harder to manage in this regard.

22 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Orchestral arrangements are very hard to tour even under normal conditions. What you have to consider: Many orchestras employ musicians with different nationalities and under Covid that can become a problem. Whilst Europe might be safe in 2022 due to vaccines, the majoritiy of the world will still be at risk and EU-travel restrictions might still apply at any point for non-Western countries. So if you don't have an EU passport, you might be banned from travelling in the EU if you're based in the UK, USA or elsewhere (Brazil in Arthur Verocais case). Also, UK based projects face absurd regulations, bc the UK failed to negotiate a proper agreement in this regard. Musicians might be obliged to account for all their equipment in terms of customs. That means, if you break a piece of equipment and replace it, you'll have to pay customs upon reentering on that piece. Also Insurance might not cover your instruments in the EU anymore. All this stuff is hard enough on bands, but they are typically just 3 or 4 people and a label that sorts stuff out. An orchestra on the other hand is waaay harder to manage in this regard.

I agree totally but I went to a concert with a foreign orchestra and that was last night not in more than 12 months time.

Was EU -> EU.

So yeah I wouldn't try and book a UK based orchestra or from another continent but one from the EU should surely be fine by next June.