Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

25 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Megan is in Razz 1 while the PC Music showcase is in Razz 2 on the same night. If there's only one entrance for both venues, it's gonna make it harder to see the PC Music show due to having to fight for entry with everybody who wants to see Meg.

I’ll be damned if I’m not getting in to that PC music thing. Looks like it’ll be an absolute hoot.

edit: with those two things being in the same venue does that mean you’ll be able to switch between the two once you’re in or are they independent parts of the same venue? 

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Ben_Monk said:

Sorry - that was my mistake, they were all in alphabetical order. Just assuming given their energies Slowdive were before King Gizz in that venue now!

I do hope that ends up happening, will make it easier to get into the Danny L Harle show afterwards.

Regarding Beach House: I'm predicting a painful clash with Nick Cave but hopefully we can see both.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ll be damned if I’m not getting in to that PC music thing. Looks like it’ll be an absolute hoot.

edit: with those two things being in the same venue does that mean you’ll be able to switch between the two once you’re in or are they independent parts of the same venue? 

No idea, I hope somebody who's familiar with the venue can provide insight.

13 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Don't think beach house will play that early... They will play peak time at primavera or dice stage and it will be the most painful clash ever exactly as in 2018

Ha, I'm just exceedingly hopeful... I'll see what switches work

4 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I do hope that ends up happening, will make it easier to get into the Danny L Harle show afterwards.

Regarding Beach House: I'm predicting a painful clash with Nick Cave but hopefully we can see both.

That would be the worst possible clash for me, so of course that will end up happening now! I think Beach House will play pretty late on Primavera or Dice as others have said, possibly closing either of them (DJ sets afterwards excluded), so hopefully they'll only clash with whoever's on last in Mordor. 

I know they already toured it in 2017 so they might well be sick to death of it, but I wonder if Interpol will do something for the 20th anniversary of Turn On the Bright Lights at one of their two shows.

I mean, they already play a load from it in their regular sets, but the more from that album the better! They seem to have a similar ‘why are they so high?’ reaction as the last time they played in ‘15 (edit: didn’t realise they played in ‘19 too! Festival must really love them) but then I absolutely loved their set that year which took me by surprise so I’m down to see them again (clashes pending of course).

Edited by FloorFiller

I expect whatever handful of acts still to be confirmed, may come before general sale on June 1st. 

That was the case last year with Kurt Vile etc being added after the initial announcement (PNL too?), but in time for ticket sales. Hopeful of the same, and that Iggy Pop will come back too.

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know they already toured it in 2017 so they might well be sick to death of it, but I wonder if Interpol will do something for the 20th anniversary of Turn On the Bright Lights at one of their two shows.

I mean, they already play a load from it in their regular sets, but the more from that album the better! They seem to have a similar ‘why are they so high?’ reaction as the last time they played in ‘15 (edit: didn’t realise they played in ‘19 too! Festival must really love them) but then I absolutely loved their set that year which took me by surprise so I’m down to see them again (clashes pending of course).

I often wonder their position on lineups too, maybe they're cheap to book? I agree though, the more TOTBL the better. They're probably due a new album soon though. 

On 5/26/2021 at 1:46 AM, Ben_Monk said:

Here's my absolutely shitty stab at making one so far. Weekend 1 is done, still need to add the midweeks and fill in the TBAs on Weekend 2. It's public so please edit in and rearrange if you think I've totally misjudged an act's popularity... !

https://clashfinder.com/s/p202x1

I thought the later hours at primavera were mostly DJs? Hard to imagine a legendary band like Bauhaus, who aren't exactly young either, playing a 3:10-4:30 (!!) slot. Nick Cave also seems way too late IMO.

But otherwise good effort!

13 hours ago, Ben_Monk said:

Sorry - that was my mistake, they were all in alphabetical order. Just assuming given their energies Slowdive were before King Gizz in that venue now!

Slowdive are a much more legendary band, so it could really go either way IMO

Edited by yaniv297

13 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Noticed that Heineken aren't mentioned anywhere on the poster , seat and pull and Bear mentioned as  partners , 

Wonder if getting a new beer supplier.

+1 for Estella.

Probably still early days in the contract discussions, also missing from the last poster are Pitchfork, Adidas, Aperol Spritz & Desporado.

Any ideas what the addition MySQR is?

47 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Thanks for this.

If I'm going to Weekend 1 can I attend all these? Do we have any idea on how access is going to work....Surely demand for tickets will far outstrip supply?

Yep you’d have access to them, and I think it’s pretty much a case of first come first served so just pick a venue each night, get there early to queue and stick with it.

• Like 1