Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

There's going to be a lot of first-timers spending shitloads of money on the full two weeks disappointed because they won't even get a sniff of that midweek stuff. I understand they are a big business and need to make money and convince people to pull the trigger, but I wish they'd have been explicit that these are limited/first-come-first-served.

I believe 2 weekenders get priority access. Don't know if VIP get guaranteed or priority access. Will still be difficult to get in though, even with priority access. 

The midweek city gigs will go one of two ways. Either, people with just one weekend ticket won't get or it'll be fairly easy. With good preparation I think it will be the latter. 

I think we are underestimating how many of the people going to Primavera won't be fussed by them. Lots of festival goers will turn down the opportunity to see acts midweek knowing that they can see them in weekend 2 and lots will be unlikely to attend as I'd be surprised if lots of the single weekend bookers will stay for the entire midweek period, especially as those with only one weekend ticket are the more likely punters to face financial constraints and thus want to shorten their trip as much as possible. Also many of the punters at Primavera just aren't as obsessive about music as we are.

Many others will probably prefer visiting sites in Barcelona/relaxing at accomodation. All of here know how tiring Primavera Sound is and I can see many not making the effort. 

I think acts like Megan The Stallion, Jamie xx, Beck etc will be difficult to attend but imagine that many will turn up just before under the expectation they'll be able to get in easily, which won't be the case. The fact most the midweek acts are playing one of the weekends will massively reduce desire to attend the midweek gigs.

Personally I'll be trying to attend the smaller sets (keiyaa, MIKE, Hailu Mergia) and be sure to get there nice and early. 

A great perk is that upgrading your ticket to include the 2nd weekend also gives priority access to a la Ciutat program, I didn't realize it immediately but it can make the difference between choosing to upgrade now or waiting to eventually buy the 2nd weekend pass later

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

The midweek city gigs will go one of two ways. Either, people with just one weekend ticket won't get or it'll be fairly easy. With good preparation I think it will be the latter. 

I think we are underestimating how many of the people going to Primavera won't be fussed by them. Lots of festival goers will turn down the opportunity to see acts midweek knowing that they can see them in weekend 2 and lots will be unlikely to attend as I'd be surprised if lots of the single weekend bookers will stay for the entire midweek period, especially as those with only one weekend ticket are the more likely punters to face financial constraints and thus want to shorten their trip as much as possible. Also many of the punters at Primavera just aren't as obsessive about music as we are.

Many others will probably prefer visiting sites in Barcelona/relaxing at accomodation. All of here know how tiring Primavera Sound is and I can see many not making the effort. 

I think acts like Megan The Stallion, Jamie xx, Beck etc will be difficult to attend but imagine that many will turn up just before under the expectation they'll be able to get in easily, which won't be the case. The fact most the midweek acts are playing one of the weekends will massively reduce desire to attend the midweek gigs.

Personally I'll be trying to attend the smaller sets (keiyaa, MIKE, Hailu Mergia) and be sure to get there nice and early. 

Jamboree (where HM is playing) looks like an awesome little jazz club. I might go partly for the venue.

2 minutes ago, branvan said:

that is exactly why I'm gutted not being able to upgrade the VIP-ticket. or doen't it make a difference having to 2 weekend tickets on their own or a Weekend1+2-ticket?... 

This seems very unfair and you deserve to get the benefit of the upgrade.

I'd write to PS. They're pretty helpful...

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Jamboree (where HM is playing) looks like an awesome little jazz club. I might go partly for the venue.

Sounds wicked. There's quite a lot I want to see there so would happily just chill out there for an evening. Darting around from venue to venue ain't the way to do it imo. 

I imagine it’s a bit of an admin hot mess and that they will allow people to upgrade to both VIP weekends. 

for now it just seems like they are gathering numbers anyway until July when we pay for it. I have VIP tickets in both red ticket and dice and so I submitted the upgrade option using red ticket. 

6 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Sounds wicked. There's quite a lot I want to see there so would happily just chill out there for an evening. Darting around from venue to venue ain't the way to do it imo. 

For sure! Depends when the gigs start but yeah, would want to do maximum two venues a night. On the other hand Barcelona is pretty compact and can get around easy.

I've just received *that* email from DICE.

What a nonsense. If you're VIP you just have to join the general sale, hope for availability & pay the extra price. I cannot understand the justification for that. I have responded to point this out so we'll see what they say.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Where are people seeing the midweek band/venue splits? My dumb ass can’t seem to find them.

They were on the website for a brief moment yesterday then removed! I quickly dumped them into my Clashfinder ahha

Seems I get the mails from DICE a few moments before FakeEmpire.

I've responded to *that* and just got a generated answer from DICE again with the spapping possibilities. Which wasn't my question. If you pay 435.- for a VIP ticket you don't want this shit.... 

2 minutes ago, Lunabella said:

Having never been before, what are the crowd sizes like? With the classless main stages, do you have to leave the headliners early to get a good position for the next or can you still get a good spot if you watch entire sets?

For the biggest headliners, crowds will start taking position way ahead, around the time the band preceding starts playing.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lunabella said:

Having never been before, what are the crowd sizes like? With the classless main stages, do you have to leave the headliners early to get a good position for the next or can you still get a good spot if you watch entire sets?

Depends how you define a good spot. 

You never need to get there that early imo. One of the joys of Primavera is you don't have people camped all day just to get the picture for their instagram.

Leave a bit early from the previous set.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lunabella said:

All depends what you're comparing it to and what you consider a nice spot. It it more similar to a Glastonbury than an End of The Road. If you want to be nice and close then get there early. Consider staying in the slot during the act before and in the break in-between. You don't need to be there hours before necessarily but the crowds build very quickly and will get very big. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

I can vouch that it's a great little venue, and the acoustics are perfect - we went to one of their nights after Primavera had finished back in 2016 & it was a great place to ease after the festival.

4 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Megan is in Razz 1 while the PC Music showcase is in Razz 2 on the same night. If there's only one entrance for both venues, it's gonna make it harder to see the PC Music show due to having to fight for entry with everybody who wants to see Meg.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

20 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Where did you see that Slowdive is playing prior to King Gizz? The original website did not list exact times.

Sorry - that was my mistake, they were all in alphabetical order. Just assuming given their energies Slowdive were before King Gizz in that venue now!