Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

...and wam, a poster you can actually read! 

c7f6f8e6-28b1-42bb-9b59-42867a9e2950.jpeg

Amazing work but it still needed some other colour codes. 

For example, megan thee stallion plays weekend 2 and midweek, not weekend 1+2.

Of course, this would have hurt the readability 

17 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Amazing work but it still needed some other colour codes. 

For example, megan thee stallion plays weekend 2 and midweek, not weekend 1+2.

Of course, this would have hurt the readability 

I think it is more about the tickets - you can see  orange artists with weekend 1 ticket, violet ones with weekend 2 ticket and the rest with either of them (or both).

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think Razzmatazz only has 2,000 capacity and Apolo 1,000.

For a popular show, non priority people simply won't get in.

Possibly even worse for smaller shows that are exclusively playing the middle days.

Did VIP get priority access to city venues the previous years? I don't think it was the case but I'm not sure. With my friends we used to show up very early at the Apolo on Sunday. If this priority access is a new thing, it is almost 200% sure that non priority people won't get in... And it'd be a bummer.

There's going to be a lot of first-timers spending shitloads of money on the full two weeks disappointed because they won't even get a sniff of that midweek stuff. I understand they are a big business and need to make money and convince people to pull the trigger, but I wish they'd have been explicit that these are limited/first-come-first-served.

Edited by jannybruck

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

There's going to be a lot of first-timers spending shitloads of money on the full two weeks disappointed because they won't even get a sniff of that midweek stuff. I understand they are a big business and need to make money and convince people to pull the trigger, but I wish they'd have been explicit that these are limited/first-come-first-served.

Think you're overstatingthe importance of the midweek. Many will only do one weekend and practically not go to any clubhows, some will simply not be there then, some will want to take the time to relax and some will don't care about the artists. Some will only go to one or two shows. I expect many to be comfortably accessible. 

The Apolo shows have always been limited though. Maybe I just show up early but I’ve never been turned away. I don’t think you’ll be able to bounce between venues once they start but if you pick one and show up early/on time I think you’ll be fine. They’re only selling 15% and now there are multiple venues compared to just Apolo 

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Think you're overstatingthe importance of the midweek. Many will only do one weekend and practically not go to any clubhows, some will simply not be there then, some will want to take the time to relax and some will don't care about the artists. Some will only go to one or two shows. I expect many to be comfortably accessible. 

I agree. 

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So on the venue splits for the ciutat stuff, how does the scheduling order work? For example, at Razzmatazz on June 5th, its listed as:

• Beck
  • Disclosure DJ
  • Jehnny Beth
  • Nuria Graham

Does that mean Beck will play first, or last?

it's just alphabetic order, i think in this case beck should play after nuria and jehnny and disclosure afterwards. 

Just got an email from Dice about the 2-weekend upgrade: 

Hey there,

This is an automated message to say thanks for getting in touch and registering your interest in an upgrade for your Primavera Sound 2022 tickets.

If you currently have general admission weekend tickets for 1 weekend and wish to attend both weekends, please reply to this message saying ‘please upgrade me’. We will be back in touch in the next few days with information about pricing and to discuss the next steps.

If you have day tickets or VIP tickets or were hoping to upgrade to the VIP tickets, we will not be able to process that request and instead would advise purchasing tickets your desired ticket type when they go on sale next week.

Thanks for your patience,

Can't believe why it is such a difficult process to upgrade? No clarity on whether we can upgrade if tickets are sold out. 

Just got an e-mail from DICE:

''If you have day tickets or VIP tickets or were hoping to upgrade to the VIP tickets, we will not be able to process that request and instead would advise purchasing tickets your desired ticket type when they go on sale next week''

Wtf???? I can't upgrade my VIP-ticket? 

1 hour ago, Bousval said:

Did VIP get priority access to city venues the previous years? I don't think it was the case but I'm not sure. With my friends we used to show up very early at the Apolo on Sunday. If this priority access is a new thing, it is almost 200% sure that non priority people won't get in... And it'd be a bummer.

Yes, they did and this year they are again.

56 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It's a tricky one. I mean they are pulling on a hell of a lot of extra shows and if you're carrying over your ticket you're effectively getting access to them for free.

But if they put them on in the biggest venues like Palau St Jordi then everyone would get in but also they would lose their charm from the relative intimacy.

I think the most committed fans who get their early will get in fine...and that's a meritocracy of sorts.

1 minute ago, branvan said:

Did anyone upgrade the VIP-ticket with DICE? Does this really not work?

I have emailed to upgrade but have only had the 1st generic email back ("not open yet", "will be in touch in coming weeks").

Haven't had that 2nd email that some of you have received yet. Would be ridiculously unfair for those of us who bought VIP tix to be excluded from the upgrade option.

...and it's not what is written on the Primavera Homepage with the Upgrade option??? 

So we have to buy an additional VIP-Ticket for Weekend2 if you want the VIP-Ticket?... At the same price someone buys it without Weekend1? That would be strange