Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

10 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Finally had time to go through it in detail. Looks like all the concerns about the 2nd weekend being considerably weaker were way off! Personally find the 2nd weekend has a much stronger undercard, whilst the 1st weekend headliners are much more to my taste.

Never been before so hoping to grab tickets for the 1st weekend next week.

I've never been before and have always wanted to. The first weekend just edges it for me but both are brilliant! 

How easy is it going to be to get tickets given all the rollovers? Guessing there won't be many so acting fast is probably advisable?

8 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

For those on the undercard? Are we expecting a 2 more headliners for Weekend 1?

I was just counting acts by days and comparing to week 1, think there's only 15 headline/mid tier acts announced for one of the days in 2nd week. There's 20 - 21 of these headline/mid tier acts by day for week 1.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

so if you want to upgrade your VIP-Ticket from Weekend 1 to Weekends 1+2, the only thing you have to do is to send an email to DICE? From them I got an automatic answer: 'The window for upgrades isn't currently open, but we've made a note of your request and will be back in the coming week with more information on this, including pricing.'

Seems strange, because you can buy new tickets from June 1st. They do have to know who many people are upgrading before selling some more VIP-Tickets for Weekend2, don't they? 

8 minutes ago, branvan said:

so if you want to upgrade your VIP-Ticket from Weekend 1 to Weekends 1+2, the only thing you have to do is to send an email to DICE? From them I got an automatic answer: 'The window for upgrades isn't currently open, but we've made a note of your request and will be back in the coming week with more information on this, including pricing.'

Seems strange, because you can buy new tickets from June 1st. They do have to know who many people are upgrading before selling some more VIP-Tickets for Weekend2, don't they? 

I chose weekend 1 with redtkt, they said they would come back in July to facilitate weekend choice or both weekends.

Also said that our tickets will migrate to Dice platform.

The more I look over the lineups the more I realise that even though the couple of repeat headliners will alleviate some clashes, for the most part the whole thing is so ludicrously stacked that I’m still gonna end up missing a ton of amazing stuff. I think the only day that isn’t wall to wall acts I want to see is the second Saturday, and even then I’ll probably have a full day of wall to wall good stuff.

Primavera, you magnificent bastard.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is Porto likely to have some of the same acts? Any idea when that will be announced?

My guess is that it will get mostly Weekend 1 acts. Porto takes place at the same time as Weekend 2, so it depends on how easily they can move bands between the venues.

2 minutes ago, daveje said:

My guess is that it will get mostly Weekend 1 acts. Porto takes place at the same time as Weekend 2, so it depends on how easily they can move bands between the venues.

1 minute ago, Pongolesi said:

June 5 at the latest according to the website, already have tickets from 2020 so looking forward to it as well.

Hoping to keep Pavement (very likely i'd say), Beck, Earl Sweatshirt, Diiv, Gorillaz and Dinosaur Jr., all of which are on the Barcelona bill for 2022. Hopefully with some nice new adds like Run the Jewels or Courtney Barnett (there should be an extra day now because the website mentions 9-12 june for 2022).

Thanks both! Any chance of Cave do we think? Might hold off until that gets announced before making a decision but a bit worried this will sell out given how many tickets have already been allocated...

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks both! Any chance of Cave do we think? Might hold off until that gets announced before making a decision but a bit worried this will sell out given how many tickets have already been allocated...

Good chance I'd think. He's playing Weekend 1, and did both Barca and Porto last time.

11 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

The virgin R+L Vs The chad Primavera Sound

image.thumb.png.495e63bbe54da349589a6db457491afc.png

Honestly how do the european festival line ups put the UK’s to shame every single year, it’s tragic we can’t put together anything half as brilliant as this primavera line up

53 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

Honestly how do the european festival line ups put the UK’s to shame every single year, it’s tragic we can’t put together anything half as brilliant as this primavera line up

100% this.

There are a couple of cute small very well curated festivals in the UK like Green Man and End of the Road but they can't attract the bigger interesting acts other than as headliners. As a result, the lineup choices are always good but rarely great. All Points East started great and has gone rapidly downhill. The lineup this year is pathetic. Latitude used to be quite good and has also become weaker over time.

There are some other good festivals across Europe too. Props to Paredes to Coura, Nos Primavera Sound and Route du Rock etc for the quality of their bookings.

But nothing matches the Primavera behemoth or even comes close. Throw in also the good weather, the food and sleeping in an actual bed...it's just incomparable.

• Upvote 2

I just checked where is that Razzmatazz club (where a lot of the most interesting city gigs will take place) and I realized that I accidentally (last week) booked an accommodation just 10 minutes walk from there. This just made my day. 🙂