Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Do you think we're missing a couple of headliners? There is only one female headliner on Weekend 1 - and Beak> are only doing a DJ set, which makes me wonder if Portishead will be added (although not sure if they would be classed as a female act), maybe FKA Twigs will be added to Week 1 or Haim - I'm sure they will do a festival tour next summer. 

Just now, chilirocker said:

Do you think we're missing a couple of headliners? There is only one female headliner on Weekend 1 - and Beak> are only doing a DJ set, which makes me wonder if Portishead will be added (although not sure if they would be classed as a female act), maybe FKA Twigs will be added to Week 1 or Haim - I'm sure they will do a festival tour next summer. 

I think 1 or 2 big names will be added to Weekend 1. It seems a little thinner numbers wise than the original lineup , and they have said more to be announced. Its a year away still.

4 minutes ago, thespiral said:

I could only ever do Weekend 1 so pretty pleased as it's def the one I'd choose. And with the price increase those prices we paid way back whenever seem top value now !

It's a minor thing but when we originally rolled over last year Primavera said we would get some food/drink vouchers, and a T shirt or something as a thanks for sticking with them. I really don't care if we do or don't at this point but I just remembered about that 😀

They've confirmed we get all of the perks still:

• A credit of 10% of the value of your ticket to spend at Primavera Sound 2022

• Exclusive edition of Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary book.

• A commemorative T-shirt for Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary.

• (Not sure about the friend ticket discount, think so too though).

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Shame as none of these are to my taste. Them’s the breaks

I mean Nick Cave is quite probably the best musician and the best performer over the entire 11 days. Would be my 6th time seeing him and he's still my number 1 act in the festival. But matter of taste, I guess...

Edited by yaniv297

Just now, xxialac said:

They've confirmed we get all of the perks still:

• A credit of 10% of the value of your ticket to spend at Primavera Sound 2022

• Exclusive edition of Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary book.

• A commemorative T-shirt for Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary.

• (Not sure about the friend ticket discount, think so too though).

Any ideas if you get any perks if you had bought a ticket for ‘21?

20 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

I mean Nick Cave is quite probably the best musician and the best performer over the entire 11 days. Would be my 6th time seeing him and he's still my number 1 act in the festival. But matter of taste, I guess...

Charli XCX outsold, outsang, outrelevanted and outiconiced

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

I would give him a go. Im more into kinda uplifting stuff normally and certainly respect him & appreciate he is a legend!

6 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Have a wee listen to CMAT and her song I don't really care for you, she's on second weekend. Tounge in cheek country from Ireland. 

Very good. I'm going week one but will be sad to see her first big stage festival outing.

Hurrah for CMAT !! ... Songkick notified me earlier that she is playing at Live in Leeds later this year, so I was hoping for a UK tour.

Anyone looking to Upgrade with Dice, I sent them the email and they have responded with this:

Hey,

Thanks for getting in touch and registering your interest in an upgrade for your Primavera Sound 2022 tickets.

The window for upgrades isn't currently open, but we’ve made a note of your request and will be back in the coming weeks with more information on this, including pricing. Then, if you'd like to proceed we can take it from there.

Thanks.
--

Doesn't exactly seem consistent with the messaging does it?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

I've filled in the form I got on mail fra Redtkt to upgrade my tickets, and got a confirmation that I will be contacted by Primavera Sound in July. So, it seems like it will take some time.

I did this too. The confirmation email doesn't confirm which choice you made and there was no extra payment sought, it's a little unnerving.

52 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Emailed DICE about upgrading and got the following back? Does a few weeks seem a bit late if they're going on sale next week? Has anyone upgraded through a different ticket provider yet?

Hey,

Thanks for getting in touch and registering your interest in an upgrade for your Primavera Sound 2022 tickets.

The window for upgrades isn't currently open, but we’ve made a note of your request and will be back in the coming weeks with more information on this, including pricing. Then, if you'd like to proceed we can take it from there.

Also agree with the above about Turnstile - saw their sets at Slam Dunk and 2000 Trees and always so much fun

I sent them a similar message and got a basically identical response... Like you said - if general sale is next week then I'd be concerned that they could sell out well before we get a chance to upgrade and I hoped we'd get first pick on tickets if we were ticketholders from 2020/21...

Am I missing something or am I too used to the Glasto bloodbath and am overestimating how quickly Primavera sells out? Or do people reckon DICE will hold back some allocation for folks who want to upgrade closer to the time? (Sorry in advance if someone has mentioned this already in the thread)

1 minute ago, Hip Priest said:

I did this too. The confirmation email doesn't confirm which choice you made and there was no extra payment sought, it's a little unnerving.

So weird. In the form it's was detailed that it would cost 195 euro per ticket, and in the confirmation it says: "Thank you for filling out the form, your request has already been processed. PRIMAVERA SOUND will contact you in July to formalize the weekend selection or the upgrade to Weekend 1 + Weekend 2 ticket."

Just now, Martin_89 said:

So weird. In the form it's was detailed that it would cost 195 euro per ticket, and in the confirmation it says: "Thank you for filling out the form, your request has already been processed. PRIMAVERA SOUND will contact you in July to formalize the weekend selection or the upgrade to Weekend 1 + Weekend 2 ticket."

I was delighted at not having to pay now.

The complex arrangement  is fraught with potential for disaster so seems sensible to take things carefully.

6 minutes ago, ezzy5050 said:

I sent them a similar message and got a basically identical response... Like you said - if general sale is next week then I'd be concerned that they could sell out well before we get a chance to upgrade and I hoped we'd get first pick on tickets if we were ticketholders from 2020/21...

Am I missing something or am I too used to the Glasto bloodbath and am overestimating how quickly Primavera sells out? Or do people reckon DICE will hold back some allocation for folks who want to upgrade closer to the time? (Sorry in advance if someone has mentioned this already in the thread)

A few people have suggested that weekend 2 might take a while to sell out and I see from one of the other sellers that they will be back in touch in July for payment - maybe this is to get an idea of numbers who will actually upgrade before general sale? I totally share your concerns though!!