Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Anyone know how quickly primavera usually sells out? I'd ideally wait until June payday but after seeing this lineup I may not be able to leave it as long as that!

Also, is airbnb the best way to go for this?

Usually, doesn't sell out.

Post-pandemic, who knows....

Two weekends also complicates matters, many Weekend1 tickets will be kept, Weekend2 is essentially completely new. So I'd imagine whatever W1 spares are left will sell out very quickly.

My advice would be to but W1 ticket ASAP. W2 can probably be got at a later date, or if it sells out, easy enough to pick up a re-sale ticket next year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, theesundayroast said:

Anyone know how quickly primavera usually sells out? I'd ideally wait until June payday but after seeing this lineup I may not be able to leave it as long as that!

Also, is airbnb the best way to go for this?

Sellout varies from year to year, some years it's a bit more sluggish. So many people have rolled over from last year that the first weekend will inevitably go quicker than the second, and it's a little bit stronger on paper.

For accoms, just go with whatever's cheapest and easiest for you. It's a huge major city so there's plenty of choice.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

Usually, doesn't sell out.

Post-pandemic, who knows....

Two weekends also complicates matters, many Weekend1 tickets will be kept, Weekend2 is essentially completely new. So I'd imagine whatever W1 spares are left will sell out very quickly.

My advice would be to but W1 ticket ASAP. W2 can probably be got at a later date, or if it sells out, easy enough to pick up a re-sale ticket next year.

Lovely thanks for the advice. I think I'll likely go for both and treat that as my major holiday for next year! If I can now just get the time off work...

losses for weekend 1 for me are:

arthur verocai, chromatics/desire, squid, metronomy, gabber modus operandi, iggy, sparks, bicep

i think those are pretty disappointing tbh regardless of what they have replaced with

what are the completely new artists for weekend 1?

This is why the OG 2020 lineup was better for me but its not to be

11 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

losses for weekend 1 for me are:

arthur verocai, chromatics/desire, squid, metronomy, gabber modus operandi, iggy, sparks, bicep

i think those are pretty disappointing tbh regardless of what they have replaced with

what are the completely new artists for weekend 1?

This is why the OG 2020 lineup was better for me but its not to be

there are some good additions: beach house, caroline polachek, sharon van etten, nick cave

nobody mentioned kacey musgraves is also back (was supposed to be in 2020, dropped from 2021) . the same for weyes blood i think. 

Edited by neacaisa

Acts like Arthur Verocai might very well be added later althoug in that specific case I'd say he might not be able to book shows due to the Covid Situation in Brazil and EU travel rules.

Weekend 1 certainly is the better one, but Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Romy, Big Thief, Mogwai and Sky Ferreira make the Upgrade a no brainer. 

I don't think I'll go to many shows in Ciutat, I need that time to recover, but a Kero Kero Bonito Clubshow sounds mad good 

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

there are some good additions: beach house, caroline polachek, sharon van etten, nick cave

nobody mentioned kacey musgraves is also back (was supposed to be in 2020, dropped from 2021) . the same for weyes blood i think. 

Shame as none of these are to my taste. Them’s the breaks

47 minutes ago, puckno said:

You have Einstürzende Neubaten the wrong day! I have not checked if you have any other errors... 😄

Hahaha THERE'S SO MANY ERRORS. I went from an old 2020 template but it's hell. Please stop me drowning in it hahaha

Emailed DICE about upgrading and got the following back? Does a few weeks seem a bit late if they're going on sale next week? Has anyone upgraded through a different ticket provider yet?

Hey,

Thanks for getting in touch and registering your interest in an upgrade for your Primavera Sound 2022 tickets.

The window for upgrades isn't currently open, but we’ve made a note of your request and will be back in the coming weeks with more information on this, including pricing. Then, if you'd like to proceed we can take it from there.

Also agree with the above about Turnstile - saw their sets at Slam Dunk and 2000 Trees and always so much fun

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Emailed DICE about upgrading and got the following back? Does a few weeks seem a bit late if they're going on sale next week? Has anyone upgraded through a different ticket provider yet?

Hey,

Thanks for getting in touch and registering your interest in an upgrade for your Primavera Sound 2022 tickets.

The window for upgrades isn't currently open, but we’ve made a note of your request and will be back in the coming weeks with more information on this, including pricing. Then, if you'd like to proceed we can take it from there.

Also agree with the above about Turnstile - saw their sets at Slam Dunk and 2000 Trees and always so much fun

I've filled in the form I got on mail fra Redtkt to upgrade my tickets, and got a confirmation that I will be contacted by Primavera Sound in July. So, it seems like it will take some time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

The London one was it?! I literally had tickets but had to sell them 😭 one of my biggest gig regrets

Saw em at Slam Dunk though and they were great.

Yeah was at London! That Slam Dunk set was chaos, one of my favourite festival sets for sure! Best time I’ve seen them has to be at Camp Flog Gnaw, though. Was a great crowd.

1 minute ago, lostinthedream said:

"Weekend 1 from June 1 to June 5" in the DICE app. Maybe we will get a suprise gig or something? 

I think there's a 50/50 chance of a surprise gig on the Wednesday to kick things off.

The National? Pavement?

But suspect that's just a cock up on Dice's part.

I could only ever do Weekend 1 so pretty pleased as it's def the one I'd choose. And with the price increase those prices we paid way back whenever seem top value now !

It's a minor thing but when we originally rolled over last year Primavera said we would get some food/drink vouchers, and a T shirt or something as a thanks for sticking with them. I really don't care if we do or don't at this point but I just remembered about that 😀