Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Overall im not really that happy. The 2020 lineup has been diluted across 2 weekends (loss of acts not coming back at all plus metronomy, bicep and squid going to weekend 2)

no wednesday for weekend 1 now. 

going to have to look to stay a bit longer and spend even more money to get what i originally thought i had. 

the dream was the 2020 lineup as originally presented. Not to be!

finally someone else points out how annoying this is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Surely you're still getting the dream at least and in fact an even better version of the dream.

Though admittedly your bank account will take a big hit...

Also bigging up the midweek shows as an important part when a lot of the venues are small and many will not be able to get in. Bit sly / unrealistic

1 minute ago, puckno said:

The sunday club shows are insane; beck, jenny beth, shame, iceage, king gizzard, les savy fav, tropical fuck storm, magnetic fields, +++

And you will be lucky to gain access. Im guessing it will be hard to reserve space with tickets going in minutes for some

Just now, Memory Man said:

Also bigging up the midweek shows as an important part when a lot of the venues are small and many will not be able to get in. Bit sly / unrealistic

That's fair comment. 

I feel if you don't have priority entry, it's going to be mission impossible for the bigger shows at Razzmatazz and Apolo.

What’s the deal with the weekday shows then? When are tickets released/how do you get them? Gonna be an absolute clusterfuck for some/most I imagine.

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

the poster design is horrific tbh

Yeah it’s pretty bad and almost unreadable in parts.

Plus the midweek shows are spread across multiple venues, so logistically you're probably not going to be able to see all the ones you want.

All very well having Beck, Jawbox, Jehnny Beth and King Giz playing on one night, not so much when they're playing at roughly the same time at 2/3 different venues. I suppose the upside is that you can probably get all of them in if you're doing both weekends.

Instead of one great lineup on one weekend, this feels like two good lineups across two weekends. Not unsurprising really, it's all about making money at the end of the day.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

All very well having Beck, Jawbox, Jehnny Beth and King Giz playing on one night, not so much when they're playing at roughly the same time at 2/3 different venues.

Yes, that's true but each and every one of those acts is also playing the same festival.

If you have 2 weekend passes you can for the first time navigate clashes really well.

Just now, xxialac said:

Yes, that's true but each and every one of those acts is also playing the same festival.

If you have 2 weekend passes you can for the first time navigate clashes really well.

For me that's a plus as well, bar the first Thursday which for me has a disgustingly strong undercard I should be able to see everyone I want by just seeing the headliners on the second weekend. 

10 minutes ago, hhunting said:

finally someone else points out how annoying this is

I don't begrudge them the extra. The initial price I paid for example (early bird in June 2019 145 euro I think it was) is incredible value for a festival this good. You pay a lot more than that for the likes of green man in the UK and that's far inferior. 

48 minutes ago, xxialac said:

- don't see that many unique concerts e.g. Birkin doing Ginzburg with orchestra, acts that hardly ever play, special album recitals.

Pavement definitely ticks this box, even though we've known about the reunion since 2019 so it doesn't feel new.

As for the lineup itself, honestly weekend 1 is one of the best I've ever seen. I don't really get the complaints, it's pretty much the exact same as 2020 with one phenomenal big addition (Nick Cave!) and some relatively small misses (Metronomey, Jesus and Mary Chain, Squid, etc). Losing Wednesday night is a shame but the club shows really make up for it.

Edited by yaniv297

Just now, yaniv297 said:

Pavement definitely ticks this box, even though we've known about the reunion since 2019 so it doesn't feel new.

As for the lineup itself, honestly weekend 1 is one of the best I've ever seen. I don't really get the complaints, it's pretty much the exact same as 2020 with one phenomenal big addition (Nick Cave!) and some relatively small misses (Metronomey, Jesus and Mary Chain, Squid, etc). 

I agree with you entirely.

And Beach House! And Sharon Van Goddamn Etten! And Weyes Blood back in!

The first weekend is truly epic.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

yeah, the way I see it Weekend 1 alone is better than 2020 addition (and I don't even really care for beach house). Doesn't feel "diluted" at all, if anything the opposite.

Weekend 2 is a bit underwhelming but that's mainly because of many repeats. I guess the point wasn't to create two entirely different festivals, so it makes sense. Also if you're going to both, with so many repeats you're going to be able to navigate clashes extremely well.

7 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I was more than ready to do the full thing but there are too many artists doing both weekends and I don't care about dua lipa. Overall i think this has never been designed to induce you to do both but rather choose one

Disagree completely.

There's only 10 acts doing both weekends. The vast majority aren't.

e: People might have missed the colour codes. They key is in the top right. Purple = playing both weekends.

E2ORluZWQAcvu_a?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Damn I hadn’t even noticed Weyes Blood and Beach House. The lineup that keeps on giving.

I do agree weekend #1 certainly looks better due to the second weekend having a lot of headliner repeats, but the undercard makes up for it for me. Some goooood shit there.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

For a long time the consensus was there would be much, much more overlap.

They said that most of the repeats will be "prominent artists".

Out of 12 headliners, 6 are repeats of the first weekend - Massive Attack, Tyler, Tame Impala, Jorga, Strokes and Gorillaz. So they lived up to what they said. The undercred was never going to repeat itself that much.

It's just a shame they couldn't get another Pavement show, would have stayed for that.