Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah them not being there is a massive bummer for me as they were my most hoped for addition. It’s a great lineup but I (stupidly) had all my hopes pinned on them.

Exactly the same here. With those US announcements I was sure NIN are on the poster. Can we assume they are not in Europe 2022? I can‘t image them touring and not being at Primavera after the 2020 rumors. Especially with two weekends.

Always suspected I'd be doing weekend 1 and it looks like that will be the case. But I have to admit I'm a bit gutted by how strong the undercard is on weekend 2, specifically:

Bicep, Big Thief, Dry Cleaning, Squid, RTJ, JAMC, Mogwai, Japanese Breakfast, RBCF, Weather Station.

Gutted to be missing out on those

• Upvote 1

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Always suspected I'd be doing weekend 1 and it looks like that will be the case. But I have to admit I'm a bit gutted by how strong the undercard is on weekend 2, specifically:

Bicep, Big Thief, Dry Cleaning, Squid, RTJ, JAMC, Mogwai, Japanese Breakfast, RBCF, Weather Station.

Gutted to be missing out on those

Pretty much how I feel too. Weekend 2 looks very exciting at the moment but I think a lot of that is most of the acts being new, whereas we've had a long time to look at the weekend 1 acts. 

What a line up!!!

I'm deffo going to upgrade to both weekends. I've wanted to see Dua Lipa for ages but she's so expensive in the UK. I'm glad Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing as well, I saw them when they subbed LCD in Victoria Park and didn't have a clue who they are, they still might have out done LCD that day 😛

I'm also glad I'll get to see Nick Cave, does anyone know if he plays much Murder Ballads; Dig Lazarus Dig or Let Love In?

gutted about Twigs not being there but think she has a new album out soon so maybe they'll add her later once she's ironed out any touring plans

anyone heard from DICE yet btw? it's just occurred to me i never hear anything from them via email... i don't think they ever even told me this year was cancelled over email - it's only when i log in on the app that i can see i even have a ticket for this year. anyone else find the same? not sure if their emails just don't reach me or if they just don't really send them.. just very conscious i don't miss anything important!

Just now, xxialac said:

Think we've lost:
•    Kurt Vile, Sparks, Arthur Verocai

Anyone seen them lurking on the poster?

Koffee too.

But some names were dropped before the second announcement last year too. Including Arthur Verocai if i remember correctly

Just now, ezzy5050 said:

gutted about Twigs not being there but think she has a new album out soon so maybe they'll add her later once she's ironed out any touring plans

anyone heard from DICE yet btw? it's just occurred to me i never hear anything from them via email... i don't think they ever even told me this year was cancelled over email - it's only when i log in on the app that i can see i even have a ticket for this year. anyone else find the same? not sure if their emails just don't reach me or if they just don't really send them.. just very conscious i don't miss anything important!

same here with DICE, but will let you know if I hear anything through today!

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Think we've lost:
•    Kurt Vile, Sparks, Arthur Verocai

Anyone seen them lurking on the poster?

+Iggy Pop, Young Thug, PNL, Fka Twigs, Doja Cat,...

Edited by MrTobs

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

Happy with that. Still be doing the 1st weekend without feeling I've missed too much, Dua Lipa aside. 

Jorja Smith on the top line though? come on.

She headlines in the UK now to be fair, and it would be an all-male headline slot without her being bumped up like that.

Just now, jannybruck said:

She headlines in the UK now to be fair, and it would be an all-male headline slot without her being bumped up like that.

i was at NOS in Lisbon 2019 and the reception she got was insane - the tent was packed

she has a beautiful voice but had no idea she was so successful outside the UK