Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

100% no frank ocean 

If I have to guess the new ones:

-Nin mbv rosalia 99% likely 

-lana del rey, lorde 80% likely 

-asap rocky 70% likely (or tyler the creator doing both weekends). Reasons why he won't be there-->he came in 2018. Reasons why he will be there-->he came in 2018 

Arcade fire 60% (if there is a festival who can announce them first it's ps) 

Portishead 10%

No idea about nick cave. 

I am not sure about the smile being headliners (maybe sub?) while I am confident st vincent and phoebe bridgers won't be in the top row (you can't replace tame impala with st vincent, ticket-wise). 

Edited by whos3000

28 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Hoping for plenty of Cho Sued moments tomorrow 

somebody said on the zoom call watching live from worthy farm that you have to take a bucket with you to festivals because your brain leaks. is this true?

i might take a bucket to watch fka twigs.

6 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Do you think NIN and MBV could be enough by themselves as headliners, as opposed to other days with three of them (in a similar fashion to the strokes and ldr in 2020)? 

Jesus those two back to back would be absolutely insane.

As for your question, I don’t know. Probably not, but then Primavera is often unpredictable in that respect and it doesn’t necessarily come down acts being big enough.

5 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Would MBV even be a headliner in 2022? I don't think they'd be a good fit for the main stage area at all. 

Agreed. And given the direction in which the festival has gravitated in recent years, really can’t see them headlining personally. 

3 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Would MBV even be a headliner in 2022? I don't think they'd be a good fit for the main stage area at all. 

Yeah definitely - huge and rare cult act much like Pavement. They did it in 2013 and although the festival has started booking a lot more mainstream pop and rap headliners, MBV are still prime Prima headliner material. No way are they playing anywhere other than Mordor.

32 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

MBV would definitely be one of the top 3 names on their day but probably not the first name, no.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah definitely - huge and rare cult act much like Pavement. They did it in 2013 and although the festival has started booking a lot more mainstream pop and rap headliners, MBV are still prime Prima headliner material. No way are they playing anywhere other than Mordor.

Yes I agree. Nin + x (lorde?) + mbv seems a likely set of headliners to me. Tbh I do think we will get mbv. Why all this buzz if they are not planning a release (for real) + touring the kind of festival they can headline, i. e. PS? 

Edited by whos3000