Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

6 minutes ago, stefmartin said:

I absolutely wish i could sack off work, somehow get loads of money and do 2 weekends but fuck me one weekend is expensive enough with ticket accom flights etc from the UK. It seems like a weird set-up that most people won't be able to afford surely? 

Although happy that hopefully the first weekend will resemble the 2021 line up, as that's what my accom is booked for buuuuut i imagine if Mogwai. st vincent NIN etc are added on the second weekend it will be a tough call. EITHER WAY, bring on tuesday !! 

Almost 50% of attendees are Spanish and few accommodation issues.

And I think quite a lot of overseas people will have saved money from a year spent indoors and then feel they can splurge more than normal.

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Almost 50% of attendees are Spanish and few accommodation issues.

And I think quite a lot of overseas people will have saved money from a year spent indoors and then feel they can splurge more than normal.

Yeah this is very true ! 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, stefmartin said:

I absolutely wish i could sack off work, somehow get loads of money and do 2 weekends but fuck me one weekend is expensive enough with ticket accom flights etc from the UK. It seems like a weird set-up that most people won't be able to afford surely? 

Although happy that hopefully the first weekend will resemble the 2021 line up, as that's what my accom is booked for buuuuut i imagine if Mogwai. st vincent NIN etc are added on the second weekend it will be a tough call. EITHER WAY, bring on tuesday !! 

Hope it works out for you with the weekends!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Hope it works out for you with the weekends!

Tbh I think at this point I'll just be so happy to see some live music at a festival I'll take what I can get. Still hanging on for end of the road this year, but that may change quite soon 

I wonder how many of the concerts in-between the weekends will be announced on Tuesday , and will you have to apply for tickets before the dates, or will it be like the Apollo gigs where it was first come first served. I know it says 85% for ticket holders . 15% for non ticket holders. 

Also do you think they. Might use the primavera stage for concerts on a Monday or Tuesday. 

53 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I wonder how many of the concerts in-between the weekends will be announced on Tuesday , and will you have to apply for tickets before the dates, or will it be like the Apollo gigs where it was first come first served. I know it says 85% for ticket holders . 15% for non ticket holders. 

Also do you think they. Might use the primavera stage for concerts on a Monday or Tuesday. 

Think he said first come, first served when he said about the 85/15% thing.

3 hours ago, stefmartin said:

Well I'll need to go to some lengths, but I've been able to make PS work for between 450 and 600€ for me. We are always staying in Airbnbs or the like with big groups and flights from Germany are rather cheap if you book at the right time. This year I'm calculating a total of 800, but I already have a ticket for one Weekend as well as the refunded money from my flight. So I'll be lookig at about the same costs as every year. Not gonna be easy, but I think I can make it work.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Need this lineup desperately!

Do we have any idea how much it'll cost to upgrade your ticket to both weekends?

I'm just guessing but I would think 100-130 range in Euros. Think if you get up to 150 Euros then alot of people might just settle for the 1 weekend.

3 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I'm just guessing but I would think 100-130 range in Euros. Think if you get up to 150 Euros then alot of people might just settle for the 1 weekend.

I don't think it will be that cheap. Regular tickets went on sale for 200€ for 2021, if I'm not mistaken. So I guess they'll start to sell them at that price too. And I'd say the discount you get for doing both weekends will be 50€ maximum. I'd think 150€ would be realistic. In the end, bc of the other costs attached, it doesn't matter to me if it'll be 150 or 180 too much.

20 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Tues is going to be hard , because of the nature of my work I can't access my phone until my lunch at 11.50 am , I'm taking the fact the lineup will be announced at 10am UK time , by the time I get lunch , this forum will be on page 50 .

I've got tuesday  off but even so, this weekend is really draggingggggg

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

I hope that doesn’t mean what it might ie a second weekend with more commercial names.

Imo weekend #2 Line-Up will have a lot of Women headlining and will be "urban" based. I am not sure if you could use the term "commercial" but I think that's how classic Primavera punters will describe it overall.

I guess 1 or 2 headliner from the 2021 poster will not return to weekend #1. Pure speculation but I believe Massive Attack will not return and will be replaced by NIN (they mention an "upgrade" when they are replying to tweets).

Weekend #2 will be a bigger version of 2019, weekend #1 a bigger version of 2018. Very different approaches.

10 minutes ago, Createur said:

Imo weekend #2 Line-Up will have a lot of Women headlining and will be "urban" based. I am not sure if you could use the term "commercial" but I think that's how classic Primavera punters will describe it overall.

I guess 1 or 2 headliner from the 2021 poster will not return to weekend #1. Pure speculation but I believe Massive Attack will not return and will be replaced by NIN (they mention an "upgrade" when they are replying to tweets).

Weekend #2 will be a bigger version of 2019, weekend #1 a bigger version of 2018. Very different approaches.

You could well be right with the headliners.

All eyes for me will be on the undercard. I don't mind if they put on Miley Cyrus, Bieber and Cardi B types as the top names for weekend 2 as long as it's still got a typically diverse set of subs and smaller names.

I really hope that’s not the case. Best thing about Primavera is being able to see a big pop headliner and then immediately afterwards on the stage opposite a band rocking the fuck out. Would be pretty dumb to split it like that imo - that’s not what people to to Primavera for.

(and I know there’s the other small stages which will no doubt have the rockier stuff on, but I’d still prefer a mix higher up the lineup).

• Upvote 1